• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree at the bare minimum
I actually think they need to make some playoff noise

Absolutely. Garrett should need one playoff win, minimum, before the conversation even starts about retaining his job.

There's enough talent on this squad, no excuses anymore.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another problem has been evaluating bottom tier free agents. Not very good, Carroll and others. They have to do a better job of evaluating adding depth. Like you, I am very concerned with coaching and in game adjustments. Well this has to be the last year for this coaching staff if we don't make the playoffs. Just hope it does not come to that. I want to win!!!!
as long as JJ continues to think he knows more about talent and refuse to listen to his coaches and scouts we will face these issues. Garett and his staff will be gone next off-season and JJ will bring in another drone and his staff to follow JJ's directions

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as JJ continues to think he knows more about talent and refuse to listen to his coaches and scouts we will face these issues. Garett and his staff will be gone next off-season and JJ will bring in another drone and his staff to follow JJ's directions
I tend to think the last few years drafts and lack of FA moves have proven that he IS listening to his coaches and scouts more. Also, I'm not saying Garrett and his staff are fantastic, but I don't think for one second he is telling these coaches who should and should not be starting/sitting/active/etc.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to think the last few years drafts and lack of FA moves have proven that he IS listening to his coaches and scouts more. Also, I'm not saying Garrett and his staff are fantastic, but I don't think for one second he is telling these coaches who should and should not be starting/sitting/active/etc.

Generally I agree that Jerry doesn't decide who plays and doesn't. The Greg Hardy era might have been one recent instance where Jones did mandate someone play. Hard to explain how Hardy never managed to be benched or disciplined for his BS that year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason why Butler didn't get more chances at TWill's expense other than his contract. I'm not saying Jerry makes out the depth chart but I do think he makes recommendations based on what guys are being paid.
Jerry wants to win with conditions....like the GM being smart with cap dollars throughout the roster

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrann Mathieu - DB - Cardinals
Cardinals DB Tyrann Mathieu says the team has asked him to take a pay cut.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports it would be a "large" cut. Mathieu is currently scheduled to make $10.75 million between salary and bonuses. He's due a $5 million roster bonus next Wednesday. It's quite possible Mathieu refuses the cut and earns his release. Cutting Mathieu and designating it as a post-June 1 move would free up $11 million in space.
I'd love to have the Honey Badger on the Cowboys

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get in on some of this Browns wheeling and dealing? There has to be a contract we can unload on them.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just don't think we can afford this guy
think Harrison in round two would be a good move
Agree, I won't be surprised if any FA Dallas brings in will be for camp fodder only.
Money just isn't there.
Next off season could be completely different.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, I won't be surprised if any FA Dallas brings in will be for camp fodder only.
Money just isn't there.
Next off season could be completely different.
I agree, I just don't see any reason to right now. They were 13-3, then still won 9 games with the Zeke mess hanging over them all season and a ton of injuries. They have a young team, built the right way, there is no reason this team shouldn't bounce back and win 11-12 games. If they don't, and don't win at least one playoff game, I think Red is done

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I just don't see any reason to right now. They were 13-3, then still won 9 games with the Zeke mess hanging over them all season and a ton of injuries. They have a young team, built the right way, there is no reason this team shouldn't bounce back and win 11-12 games. If they don't, and don't win at least one playoff game, I think Red is done
You cant stay in neutral and not do anything to improve your team. You cant live off the 13-3 year. They have to be creative, trades, free agency, and the draft. Doing nothing is not going to get us a Superbowl.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant stay in neutral and not do anything to improve your team. You cant live off the 13-3 year. They have to be creative, trades, free agency, and the draft. Doing nothing is not going to get us a Superbowl.
It's not that I strongly disagree with you, but I really think we're very close. Health will be huge, like with most teams and another good draft with the addition of 3 or 4 first year contributors is a must.

We never were in much shape to be players in FA unless it was addition by subtraction. Maybe we add a role player but I don't see adding a starter unless it's a trade giving up a starter in return...which seems most unlikely with Jerry and company.

I go back and forth on how to best improve this team. Most days I think it's a heavy defensive draft, DT, LB, S, and a wide receiver. Other days I think our coaches aren't the best game day coaches and we should draft another top olineman and one of the Georgia RB's in about round three and just run the fucking ball mono on mono. Running the football to set up the pass was how we were 13-3 two years ago and I expect that not to change. Elliott is a helleva runningback and hopefully he's motivated to show everyone just that.

Truth remains our money will be better next year but this offseason was about Martin and keeping Demarcus Law.
Hopefully our young guys grow from last years experience and jaylon Smith resembles what he was at ND. I remain somewhat shocked he was as bad as he was for 2/3rds of the season.

Lastly.... Dez needs to have a fire under is ass and gets back to catching the football. He will never be a separation route runner but he sure can be better than what we saw last season. Maybe pride burns deep on all that.

Can't wait

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that I strongly disagree with you, but I really think we're very close. Health will be huge, like with most teams and another good draft with the addition of 3 or 4 first year contributors is a must.

We never were in much shape to be players in FA unless it was addition by subtraction. Maybe we add a role player but I don't see adding a starter unless it's a trade giving up a starter in return...which seems most unlikely with Jerry and company.

I go back and forth on how to best improve this team. Most days I think it's a heavy defensive draft, DT, LB, S, and a wide receiver. Other days I think our coaches aren't the best game day coaches and we should draft another top olineman and one of the Georgia RB's in about round three and just run the fucking ball mono on mono. Running the football to set up the pass was how we were 13-3 two years ago and I expect that not to change. Elliott is a helleva runningback and hopefully he's motivated to show everyone just that.

Truth remains our money will be better next year but this offseason was about Martin and keeping Demarcus Law.
Hopefully our young guys grow from last years experience and jaylon Smith resembles what he was at ND. I remain somewhat shocked he was as bad as he was for 2/3rds of the season.

Lastly.... Dez needs to have a fire under is ass and gets back to catching the football. He will never be a separation route runner but he sure can be better than what we saw last season. Maybe pride burns deep on all that.

Can't wait
Yep, stay the course. One more year with no playoffs, then blow it up if you like. I think this is gonna be s great season

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, stay the course. One more year with no playoffs, then blow it up if you like. I think this is gonna be s great season
We all hope you are right. I dont have that feeling right now.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't wait
I see what you are saying and Dez needs to have a big year. With Dak, we do need to run to set up the pass, the only problem is, teams are daring Dak to beat us and he has to burn them. I am more concerned with S.L. then anything. He has to be more creative. The way this offenses performed n the second half of games last year, cannot happen this year. Our division is getting stronger.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have until Wednesday 3pm to decide whether to place a tender on Irving. 1st round counts 4.149M toward the 2018 cap and if any other team signs him to a tender Dallas can match or receive a 1st. 2nd round counts 2.914M toward the cap and if any other signs Dallas can match or receive a 2nd