• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Moves

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pos

Sure, who wouldn't want him then? He had his best season that first year with the A'ss. Remember, he got the Cards to trade him to the A'ss so that he could be close to his mom, who was battling ALS. Since that year, he's been not good. He might be washed...hence the minor league contract.
I loved that story when it happened. Good on Piscotty, GREAT on the Cards organization. The sucky part was that, iirc, we needed an OFer at the time, and I was kinda irked that we didn’t get him.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he may be a good pickup if the Giants can figure out why his career derailed.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved that story when it happened. Good on Piscotty, GREAT on the Cards organization. The sucky part was that, iirc, we needed an OFer at the time, and I was kinda irked that we didn’t get him.
I'm sad that his parent passed away. I wonder if that somehow affected his mental approach to the game to the point that his production severely declined.

On another note, between him, Mitch Haniger and Clint Coulter, the Giants will have three outfielders in camp from the 1st round of the 2012 draft. Tyler Naquin, Kevin Plawecki and Michael Wacha are still available, so the list could grow! Had they kept Gausman and Lewis Brinson and signed Correa, they could have cornered the market from that draft's 1st round!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

looks like the ‘Rona completely derailed his career. Though, to be fair, his primary numbers were elevated pre-‘20. His WHIP numbers were never that good.

It is a minor league deal. I have no prob with taking him in and seeing if there is anything there. But I am not holding my breath.