• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason Discussion-2013 Edition

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be weird having a spring training where there's literally no competition for any starting spots in the lineup or rotation. Just a backup OF and maybe a pen spot or two.

It will be strange having basically the same team back, esp after all the turnover with our 2010 team.

No complaints at all, though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be strange having basically the same team back, esp after all the turnover with our 2010 team.

No complaints at all, though.

The 2010 turnover did not occur right away, though. By opening day 2011, there were only 2 players missing from the championship team. The blowup came over the next 14 months....

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSN rebroadcasting the Cain perfecto....last out about to happen

Fucking still fun to watch. Almost nervous...
:wacko:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSN rebroadcasting the Cain perfecto....last out about to happen

Fucking still fun to watch. Almost nervous...
:wacko:

I was able to catch the last few innings. The buildup is intense.

Perfect call by Kuip on the final out "Arias.....!...from deep third......got him!!

Matt Cain's reaction:

"You're goin to jail Now!!"

GStZg.gif

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perfect call by Kuip

I love Kuip's call on Blanco's play: "And Blanco's gonna dive...AND HE MAKES THE CATCH!!!!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perfect call by Kuip on the final out "Arias.....!...from deep third......got him!!

I read somewhere (Bill Simmons?) that in many ways a perfect game/no-hitter is even more fun and exciting than a playoff win, even a series-clincher. When you watch a playoff game or even go to one, you are already amped up for a very significant game, you know it's a big deal from when you get in the car to go.

A no hitter starts out like a regular game, you're just flipping on the TV to see if the Giants win, you like your chances with Cain on the hill, then it builds into something amazing, with each out becoming more and more intense until the last one.

I was as jazzed to see that perfecto as any of the playoff games, frankly.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I read somewhere (Bill Simmons?) that in many ways a perfect game/no-hitter is even more fun and exciting than a playoff win, even a series-clincher. When you watch a playoff game or even go to one, you are already amped up for a very significant game, you know it's a big deal from when you get in the car to go.

A no hitter starts out like a regular game, you're just flipping on the TV to see if the Giants win, you like your chances with Cain on the hill, then it builds into something amazing, with each out becoming more and more intense until the last one.

The only thing that beats a perfect game as a baseball experience is a perfect game in the playoffs.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a way it is more entertaining than a playoff game in that you are hanging on every pitch.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Matt Cain's reaction:

"You're goin to jail Now!!"

Hah! You're right!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah! You're right!

It would be awesome if somebody (far more talented than myself) could turn that gif into a Ryu "allyouken" (from StreetFighter II). :heh:

That perfect game was so intense and so awesome (especially considering the score was 10-0, lol). What an amazing year last year for our boys.

BTW, Keppinger to the White Sox for 3 years $12M.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It would be awesome if somebody (far more talented than myself) could turn that gif into a Ryu "allyouken" (from StreetFighter II). :heh:

That perfect game was so intense and so awesome (especially considering the score was 10-0, lol). What an amazing year last year for our boys.

BTW, Keppinger to the White Sox for 3 years $12M.

What is that? The last video game I played was pong.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scoot Scoot Scoot!! 3 yrs $20mil... Whew that's some $$ but with the way he hits and his approach he should be able to contribute til the end.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Scott Hairston sill in play........

Last edited by a moderator:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Pagan's deal, we'll probably be overpaying him for that last year. But that's how the game is played today.

And maybe we get lucky and he's ageless like that other Venezuelan infielder Omar V.

I'm actually more worried about the flukiness of his time with us. He was terrible in Colorado the first half of 2012.

I hope so. Although for every Vizquel I can think of a Huff or Spezio who peaked at the right time, earned a big paycheck, then completely sucked. But I agree: The Giants had to sign both guys for many reasons (world series heroes, nobody to replace them in the minors, etc.).

Now get out the credit card, Giants owners, and get us a left fielder!!

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope so. Although for every Vizquel I can think of a Huff or Spezio who peaked at the right time, earned a big paycheck, then completely sucked. But I agree: The Giants had to sign both guys for many reasons (world series heroes, nobody to replace them in the minors, etc.).

Now get out the credit card, Giants owners, and get us a left fielder!!

Baggs is reporting that Scutaro had a firm 16M two year offer from the Cardinals. So that final year cost 4M, more or less. That's not much to eat.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ratto on 2011

This was a problem in 2011, when several members of the All-Parade team didn’t stop celebrating when the streets were cleared. While most folks believe that Buster Posey being knocked into fresh angles was the thing that undid the season, the Giants turned out to be substandard at almost every everyday position, in part because their offense became a lethargic, out-of-shape mess.

He's talking about Huff, for sure. But who else?