• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey 100% should not have won that.

Needed rollins to win and have some momentum so that Murphy can really benefit with winning the rollins feud.

Besides the very brief tag team title run, I'm not sure a star of rollins caliber has ever had a worse 12 months.
Maybe he's going out on paternity leave soon.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he is, but if you're putting Murphy over...why not let Rollins actually win a single feud in the past 13 months.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I follow "dirt sheets" a lot.

That is the plan after last night.

That Contract signing was Money. Both Promos were excellent and straightforward.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I follow "dirt sheets" a lot.

That is the plan after last night.

That Contract signing was Money. Both Promos were excellent and straightforward.

that was a weak blow off then.

finishing at tlc would’ve made far more sense.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but it was a way to end it and for a while
And now a win for Murphy gives him a boost while Seth takes some time off. I see no issue with it.

Murphy needs to go after Zayn

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with an unclean with after both Rey and dom got involved?
That was early enough in the match that it doesn't play into the result.

I'd say Murphy's win was clean.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it. It's more a pure competition type match than anything weird and personal. I like it. I also like Reigns playing the veteran card.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth is on Team SD at Survivor Series so he's not 100% done yet.

Reactions: ill

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be shocking. Up until a couple of years ago, WWE was paying even its top women stars in the low 6 figures. Now their top stars (Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, etc) are paid a lot more but I wouldn't be surprised if many of the women lower on the card could still be below 100,000. And you if you total all her social media stuff, it could be more. Someone of her stature can make several thousand from Twitch and if she has an Onlyfans, she could easily be making bank from that. I've seen stories that some reality TV stars are making close to 100k from their Onlyfans alone. Granted some of them are posting more "adult" content, but even if she isn't doing that, I still wouldn't be shocked if she was making several thousand from that too.
Kind of the problem with people like her wanting to unionize. She is hot so nerds will pay her to be hot online because she played hot on tv which inflates her/wrestlers self worth. She may hate WWE’s policy but becoming unionized sets just as many issues as well.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of the problem with people like her wanting to unionize. She is hot so nerds will pay her to be hot online because she played hot on tv which inflates her/wrestlers self worth. She may hate WWE’s policy but becoming unionized sets just as many issues as well.

yeah. They won’t hire as many wrestlers for one

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. They won’t hire as many wrestlers for one
It kind of depends though. Unionization hurts the WWE in terms of taxes though it opens up a whole boatload of tax write offs. But IMO unionizing will destroy pro wrestling for at least the WWE because they went to a network instead of pay per views. They have a legal argument that has been made for the reason they can’t work for other companies once they sign a downside guarantee. But for the wrestlers the reason unions work is because they give rights to all employees but for the most part help the employer suppress the wages of the younger guys so they reap all the money. The top stars will still make as much and the non contenders on Raw and Smackdown will go to NXT wages IMO. This is the professional sports model and those unions are on the brink of breaking up as the pandemic showed in all sports. The guys making less who outnumber the millionaires were pushing to play while the millionaires were saying no at first.

Then since Yang is a jaded, angry, ex WWE fan who knows what he will do in terms of going after them like feds did with Vince in the early 90’s. The arguments I have heard are conflating employee with unions. If all the wrestlers become employees that doesn’t mean the WWE has to do anything other than pay half the taxes that the wrestlers owe. It is still up to the WWE whether to give them time off, vacation, insurance etc. Worker’s comp would be a plus but then Yang (whoever the labor secretary is) is going to have to decide rework the whole system because WWE can’t have doctors there anymore because it has to be a doctor from the state they run and say a guy lives in Tampa but gets injured on the west coast he doesn’t get comped for travel costs to go see the doctor. It sounds good on paper becoming employees but they need to take a serious look at the negatives and see if it outweighs the positives. Especially the 1st year is going to be squash after squash of younger union member by the top stars.

I am more curious to what SAG would do since professional wrestlers don’t meet any of the SAG requirements. As a son of father who went on a massive strike but they had 3 separate unions, it isn’t the enviable position to be a union member on strike when you are low on the totem pole which wrestling would be in SAG. But might be a positive if the writers strike and the WWE can go back to bullet points and not scripts.

...sorry for the rant.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psychopath abusive father figure Roman is the best Roman

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoilers are out. The Christmas SD should be worth watching

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big E finally got a singles title. Good for him, he deserves it.

And the Reigns/KO cage match was very good. That's a very well built rivalry there.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big E finally got a singles title. Good for him, he deserves it.

And the Reigns/KO cage match was very good. That's a very well built rivalry there.

cross him off my list to win the rumble.

I’m picking Keith Lee as of now.

I don’t like how they’ve told that rivalry. Reigns should be the dominant heel leaving everyone in his wake.

I also expected them to slam the cage door on Owens leg a few times

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is funny. Love at the end when he looks down and realizes it looks like he pissed himself

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good show, but some obvious mistakes.

- Roman never made a request to wwe
- lots of demands going on
- not much of a way to say Sonya is back
- some really bad botched in carmella/Sasha
- and most importantly, our savior did not return.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good show, but some obvious mistakes.

- Roman never made a request to wwe
- lots of demands going on
- not much of a way to say Sonya is back
- some really bad botched in carmella/Sasha
- and most importantly, our savior did not return.

I agree with Deville.

Why not align her with Ruby and liv? Carmella? Bailey?

LET HER GET SOME ACTION.

Alot of empty promises were made by WWE.

Maybe Owens got hurt and they wanted to kick him off TV????