• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Smackdown thread

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Uso/Reigns was a Helleva match

I believe that the Ambulance match and The ladder match stole the show

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smack down by far is the best wrestling show on television. The two best storylines in past few years in Samoan dynasty and Fiend and whether Alexa Bliss becomes Sister Abigail. Raw is the JV and AEW in junior high.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smack down by far is the best wrestling show on television. The two best storylines in past few years in Samoan dynasty and Fiend and whether Alexa Bliss becomes Sister Abigail. Raw is the JV and AEW in junior high.

smackdown has been killing it recently.

aew is Seemingly holding Out as long as possible before fans before unleashing some of their big stuff (war games, the cleaner etc) but I think they’re gonna need to drop it sooner. We may not have a vax until like 2024

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smackdown has been killing it recently.

aew is Seemingly holding Out as long as possible before fans before unleashing some of their big stuff (war games, the cleaner etc) but I think they’re gonna need to drop it sooner. We may not have a vax until like 2024
I don’t know what it is about AEW that is missing for me. I am not a fan of NXT though so I guess that might have to do with it because AEW fans keep hammering home they are beating NXT as if beating a legit minor league is some big deal.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what it is about AEW that is missing for me. I am not a fan of NXT though so I guess that might have to do with it because AEW fans keep hammering home they are beating NXT as if beating a legit minor league is some big deal.

Think I found your issue. You don't like AEW. You don't like NXT. Both exhibit what is called the "indy style" of wrestling. Even being a WWE product, they've still kept NXT rather separate with how WWE normally puts together their shows (largely because has little to do with NXT from a show construction stand point)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I found your issue. You don't like AEW. You don't like NXT. Both exhibit what is called the "indy style" of wrestling. Even being a WWE product, they've still kept NXT rather separate with how WWE normally puts together their shows (largely because has little to do with NXT from a show construction stand point)

there’s no better way to let guys develop in the ring than how nxt does it.

but dear god does 99% of their promo skills suck.

there are too many big spots in both. But aew is putting on some better stories with it. But they aren’t perfect by any means either

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but NXT admits they are the minor leagues of the three WWE brands. I guess the Indy thing may be right because AEW is like ECW had they only done old school wrestling. To me, it is MJF, a few former WWE stars and a bunch of guys who are channel changers.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but NXT admits they are the minor leagues of the three WWE brands. I guess the Indy thing may be right because AEW is like ECW had they only done old school wrestling. To me, it is MJF, a few former WWE stars and a bunch of guys who are channel changers.

nah, they keep saying they’re the 3rd brand. Wwe has pushed that narrative since they went on USA include that awful survivor series burying the varsity to unsuccessfully won Wednesday’s.

man Idk. I’m digging Kenny omega, if you think the elite and Adam page are channel changers, that’s ok. Do you. But man idk. To me, They got it.

I can’t wait for the cleaner vs page in this tournament.

and when the Lucha brothers become singles stars. They’re incredible Luchadors.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading the results

They broke up New Day :L

And it doesn't even make sense how they did it kayfabe wise. Why would you willingly draft Kofi and Xavier but not Big E? Can they at least try to apply even a little bit of logic before they do stuff?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading the results

They broke up New Day :L

And it doesn't even make sense how they did it kayfabe wise. Why would you willingly draft Kofi and Xavier but not Big E? Can they at least try to apply even a little bit of logic before they do stuff?

Yeah that’s the thing that doesn’t make sense. You can get the whole tag team or faction.

they also broke up heavy machinery and the USO’s

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that’s the thing that doesn’t make sense. You can get the whole tag team or faction.

they also broke up heavy machinery and the USO’s

For now. Jimmy is hurt so I'm sure he'll be back with Jey once he's cleared. The Tucker thing is just stupid unless they have a plan. He's a "free agent" now and in kayfabe, there's really no reason why he wouldn't sign with SD. The only logical story they can tell if he goes elsewhere is if he felt unwanted and chose to go alone, but that's still not a good option. Heavy Machinery are better as a tag team.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For now. Jimmy is hurt so I'm sure he'll be back with Jey once he's cleared. The Tucker thing is just stupid unless they have a plan. He's a "free agent" now and in kayfabe, there's really no reason why he wouldn't sign with SD. The only logical story they can tell if he goes elsewhere is if he felt unwanted and chose to go alone, but that's still not a good option. Heavy Machinery are better as a tag team.

nope. Tucker was drafted to raw today.

officially on raw.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope. Tucker was drafted to raw today.

officially on raw.

I read that after I made the post. Didn't realize they were still doing the draft elsewhere (that's dumb). So yeah, its incredibly stupid to split HM up. They basically just ruined both guys. Tucker can work, but lacks charisma. Otis ooozes charisma, but is rather limited in ring. They balanced out perfectly.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that after I made the post. Didn't realize they were still doing the draft elsewhere (that's dumb). So yeah, its incredibly stupid to split HM up. They basically just ruined both guys. Tucker can work, but lacks charisma. Otis ooozes charisma, but is rather limited in ring. They balanced out perfectly.
They should’ve cashed in mitb during that tables match this summer.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah, they keep saying they’re the 3rd brand. Wwe has pushed that narrative since they went on USA include that awful survivor series burying the varsity to unsuccessfully won Wednesday’s.

man Idk. I’m digging Kenny omega, if you think the elite and Adam page are channel changers, that’s ok. Do you. But man idk. To me, They got it.

I can’t wait for the cleaner vs page in this tournament.

and when the Lucha brothers become singles stars. They’re incredible Luchadors.
It is different strokes for folks. Not one thing about Omega is entertaining or semi believable to me. I love how FTR is giving credibility to everyone they wrestle and think they would have been the same had they not been in WWE but they were in WWE. It isn’t so much that WWE is so great but without the WWE guys, the wrestling is the same as our local amphitheater that Indy guys ran. I don’t blame anyone for liking AEW I just don’t think any of them are good. If Cody weren’t on WWE prior do you really think he is anything but an at most mid card type guy?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is different strokes for folks. Not one thing about Omega is entertaining or semi believable to me. I love how FTR is giving credibility to everyone they wrestle and think they would have been the same had they not been in WWE but they were in WWE. It isn’t so much that WWE is so great but without the WWE guys, the wrestling is the same as our local amphitheater that Indy guys ran. I don’t blame anyone for liking AEW I just don’t think any of them are good. If Cody weren’t on WWE prior do you really think he is anything but an at most mid card type guy?

aew stars are all doing what you say ftr is doing. Including Cody, Jericho, and omega.
I do like that. A lot.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my complaints about both nxt and aew are pretty similar.

what I like is how aew doesn’t make their giants look like total idiots. Even in defeat Lee, archer and cage etc look like total bad asses

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aew stars are all doing what you say ftr is doing. Including Cody, Jericho, and omega.
I do like that. A lot.
Jericho sure. Had Cody not been in WWE IMO no one would care besides the few people who tune in to see Omega. Omega IMO isn’t even worthy of the 24/7 title. I am not saying the roster doesn’t have potential but Omega and the Bucks aren’t anything worth turning the channel on. Cody is, but that is because he got the WWE tv and now it is kind of a must because of the nostalgia with Arn. So I am bashing AEW but not trying to in the point that without WWE IMO no one would care about AEW just as why ROH and the different Japanese organizations don’t make a dent in the US.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Chad Gable, I'm hoping to stay a "free agent" and hope they forget about me until my contract runs out and sign with AEW and/or NJPW.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That New Day stuff hit me right in the feels.

Roman and Jey continues to be fantastic