• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Season Thread - 2013 Edition

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to admit that the A's aren't a fluke and that the Angels have a dangerous enough offence to overcome their horrendous pitching. Rangers are certainly good enough to win the division. Just look at their record against contenders, but also look at their record against the scrubs. They're dropping games they should be winning and the extra innings record REALLY pisses me off. The division's ours if we can just plug those irritating little brain farts.

Pretty sure we've been aware the A's aren't a fluke

Pretty sure we've been wary of the Angels since the season started

The issue is we're being decimated by injuries, and the real issue is deciding whether to wait on them to return or make a trade and bank on the injured guys next year

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The issue is we're being decimated by injuries, and the real issue is deciding whether to wait on them to return or make a trade and bank on the injured guys next year

Have the feeling something will happen between now and July 25th when I get back from vacation. With limited and very expensive Internet access I imagine I'll return to find a number of unanticipated but highly productive roster changes will have gone down. That's the way it is with JD.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some were certain that the A's couldn't sustain and that the Angel's pitching would keep them in the battle for 3rd.

Injuries aren't the only issue. Bone-headed base running seems to be more of than an anomaly and I'm not sure of the #s but we have to be near the top with GIDP http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/images/smilies/gaah.gif. Those are valuable runs given away. I'm not being Chicken Little but those are issues that HAVE to be addressed. There's a difference between loose and laxed. I love Elvis and Beltre's dynamic but I hope that pop-up buzz game they play doesn't bite us.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a headline that said "Holland added to AS roster" and I thought the worst. Greg Holland. WHEW. Our guys need rest and Derek is opening the second half, don't need him there.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a headline that said "Holland added to AS roster" and I thought the worst. Greg Holland. WHEW. Our guys need rest and Derek is opening the second half, don't need him there.

Derek deserves it, but I'm glad he got snubbed. Our guys need the rest.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek deserves it, but I'm glad he got snubbed. Our guys need the rest.

agreed, but just like I'm glad they put Yu on the DL so he misses one start and the AS game and comes back into the rotation rested up...glad Holland isn't going.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see this team running away with the division soon........

august is a very winnable schedule and we are close to getting some arms back.....plus garza???

i am also expecting the offense to have a resurgence ..... ian,mitch get back to their earlier selfs and elvis cant be this bad all year??

should be a nice 2nd half, IMO

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see this team running away with the division soon........

august is a very winnable schedule and we are close to getting some arms back.....plus garza???

i am also expecting the offense to have a resurgence ..... ian,mitch get back to their earlier selfs and elvis cant be this bad all year??

should be a nice 2nd half, IMO

If we get healthy after the ASB I could see us catching and putting distance between us and Oakland. They've had a much more favorable schedule than us up till now. That's about to change and they've not been able to put distance between themselves and us.

Ogando should be healthy after the ASB, and if JD can acquire garza and a bat like cuddyer, Schierholtz, or rios I like the way this team is shaping up. And to reach a little farther, if Colby can get healthy and effective, and if manny continues to show he's still got it this team is going to win some games.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross Wolf will be taking Justin Grimm's spot in the rotation after the AS break. So says Wash in an article in the Dallas Morning News.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how, but I totally missed this story:

Texas Rangers prospect Mike Olt tapping Manny Ramirez's wisdom - ESPN Dallas

Ramirez has a reputation for being religious about studying video, so Olt asked him to watch some clips of his swing.

"He saw that I was late and dropping my hands," said Olt, who made his debut with the Rangers last season, playing in 16 games. "We went to the cages and I worked with him."

Story says Olt was in a 1-22 slump before that, went 2-3 that night. Maybe we plan on making Manny a september call up to let him play one last time in the majors while resting up some starters if we are headed for the playoffs. Then try to get him on board as a hitting coach in the minors. If he is really that much a tape-hound and can spot holes in swings and connect with players on a level that makes sense...maybe that was the plan all along?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants to play in the MLB.... dont think coaching is in his future just yet.
My guess? Called up some time in August.....

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how, but I totally missed this story:

Texas Rangers prospect Mike Olt tapping Manny Ramirez's wisdom - ESPN Dallas

Story says Olt was in a 1-22 slump before that, went 2-3 that night. Maybe we plan on making Manny a september call up to let him play one last time in the majors while resting up some starters if we are headed for the playoffs. Then try to get him on board as a hitting coach in the minors. If he is really that much a tape-hound and can spot holes in swings and connect with players on a level that makes sense...maybe that was the plan all along?

no... the plan was for him to come up to the bigs and try to give us some much needed pop in the line-up

berkman hasnt been that great the last few months........

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Beltre ended up being a pretty big snub.

.316/21 hr/55 RBI/.901 OPS.

Obviously shouldn't be starting over Cabrera, but should still be there.

skilledwolf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre and Holland were probably the 2 biggest AL snubs.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Beltre ended up being a pretty big snub.

.316/21 hr/55 RBI/.901 OPS.

Obviously shouldn't be starting over Cabrera, but should still be there.

Beltre should have been there over Machado, however the kid had a good first half of the season. Hopefully the rest for all our guys aside from Nathan pays dividends in the second half, and Joe coming off his second year back and the ability to rest him with Soria and Scheppers keeps him rested and sharp for a run at the division

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am fine with none of our guys being there(rest)............and why was nathan used

why not mariano, use somebody else in the 8th................also an absolute sham giving him the mvp

if you wanna give him the mvp atleast have him pitch the 9th and rest nathan :D

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am fine with none of our guys being there(rest)............and why was nathan used

why not mariano, use somebody else in the 8th................also an absolute sham giving him the mvp

if you wanna give him the mvp atleast have him pitch the 9th and rest nathan :D

Thought it was funny that Sale was the only pitcher that went >1 inning for the AL. :laugh3:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
peace out guys.....been fun

but i guess i said something a few days ago that got me restricted???

hope the rangers pull this shit out....

p.s.... i am going to sweep the roto/h2h fanasty leagues this year :suds: