• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Season Thread - 2013 Edition

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your best guess for next Commish?

I would put money on Torre.

That's a good one. I'm betting they bring in someone that wasn't a player/owner/manager but been in the MLB league ranks for a while.

Sadly, I'm getting ready for a 2014 offseason thread.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoff-chasing Texas Rangers are now trying to beat the rain.
The starting time of Saturday's home game against the Los Angeles Angels has been moved up to 12:05 p.m., which would be the earliest start ever at Rangers Ballpark. The game had been scheduled for 8:05 p.m. ET

The forecast calls for moderate showers and thunderstorms in the area by early Saturday afternoon, increasing in intensity throughout the day.
Texas is still in the hunt for a wild-card spot and this is the last weekend of the regular season, so every game needs to be played.
The Rangers also would like to avoid the possibility of a doubleheader Sunday to end the regular season. They might have to play a wild-card tiebreaker game Monday.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So to start out the season, Ross & Kirkman are going to start out the season as the setup men... eh? :wtf2: Course, it will be the Astros that they are facing. :yahoo:

Ron Washington pegs Robbie Ross, Michael Kirkman as Texas Rangers? setup men ?out of the chute? | Texas Rangers Blog

Ogando will pitch the 3rd game against the Astros & Holland get the Opening Day @ the Ballpark nod.

4 days everybody. 4 days.

This was SRS first post in this thread ... lot has happened ... and they missed the playoffs for the first time since 2009. Disappointing ... but not surprising given the state of the offense and some of the in game decisions along the way.

Next season will be better.