• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Season Thread - 2013 Edition

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Its the end of July.
2. 6 back in the AL West. 1.5 back in the Wildcard.

The season is FAR from over.

Times are tough right now in Arlington for sure. But are you sure the season isn't over? Everything I have been reading makes it sound like it's give up time and it's selling mode. I'm not saying there aren't issues with this team but they're correctable and there is plenty of more baseball to be played.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It never, ever, gets old.

2248758_o.gif

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone interested in a house owned by a former Rangers closer? Or, does anyone have a few mil lying around, and want to buy a pretty cool house?

Here is a link for you to check out, and to see the pics, and to see if this house is for you.

Rangers Legend John Wetteland Pitching Texas home

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone interested in a house owned by a former Rangers closer? Or, does anyone have a few mil lying around, and want to buy a pretty cool house?

Here is a link for you to check out, and to see the pics, and to see if this house is for you.

Rangers Legend John Wetteland Pitching Texas home

I am now laughing at what I just posted, as the link looked different to and for me.

Rangers legend? :lol:

There are only 2 Rangers legends IMO. Nolan Ryan and Pudge Rodriguez. Wettland? Not even close.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Times are tough right now in Arlington for sure. But are you sure the season isn't over? Everything I have been reading makes it sound like it's give up time and it's selling mode. I'm not saying there aren't issues with this team but they're correctable and there is plenty of more baseball to be played.
Fast forward 5 days and they are 2.5 games out and back in the hunt. Don't like the standings? Wait a week. They will change.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well his TEX career didn't last long.

Wonder if there is a record by getting DFA'd three times in a season (by Aug 5) ... or shortest hitch?

I went steady in 8th grade longer than Rosales lasted.

I guess when Wash said that "Profar is an infielder" kinda shot a long career for Rosales. Wonder if OAK tries to pick him back up again to put on their 40man?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well his TEX career didn't last long.

Wonder if there is a record by getting DFA'd three times in a season (by Aug 5) ... or shortest hitch?

I went steady in 8th grade longer than Rosales lasted.

I guess when Wash said that "Profar is an infielder" kinda shot a long career for Rosales. Wonder if OAK tries to pick him back up again to put on their 40man?

I think its safe to say you overreacted now

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smile.

Just took J.D. and company three days to figure out I was right. I was ahead of the curve.

Just sayin ... been callin out spares at the old place or here since Jason Botts wore out his welcome.

Never stopped smiling, I said it was a stopgap as well

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Never stopped smiling, I said it was a stopgap as well

All the media types were making it like it opened up Profar to play LF with Rosales taking over UIF. What was more logical was Rosales allowed Profar to DH in the first game of the OAK series and play 3b in the second game with Beltre DHing.

Without a non-positional DH ... you need an extra infielder and/or outfielder in order to stock the DH spot. With Cruz going to the restricted list, Rosales DFAd, recalling E.Beltre and selecting Joey Butler's contract ... TEX is now carrying 5 OFers, 5 infielders plus Baker who is both.

Result -- TEX is now setup for just about anybody to DH (especially with AJ and Soto both playing during the homestand as a precedent). This is a much better setup than it was with Rosales the UIF.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the media types were making it like it opened up Profar to play LF with Rosales taking over UIF. What was more logical was Rosales allowed Profar to DH in the first game of the OAK series and play 3b in the second game with Beltre DHing.

Without a non-positional DH ... you need an extra infielder and/or outfielder in order to stock the DH spot. With Cruz going to the restricted list, Rosales DFAd, recalling E.Beltre and selecting Joey Butler's contract ... TEX is now carrying 5 OFers, 5 infielders plus Baker who is both.

Result -- TEX is now setup for just about anybody to DH (especially with AJ and Soto both playing during the homestand as a precedent). This is a much better setup than it was with Rosales the UIF.

Thats what I kind of figured would happen, I just wasn't sure if Porter would be the call

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thats what I kind of figured would happen, I just wasn't sure if Porter would be the call

Porter? Did you mean Butler? TEX needed a RH COF addition to replace Cruz so Butler was about the only choice.

For those ... albeit not you who thought TEX might turn to Manny ... he's not a position player... he's the Berkman backup and since Berkman was replaced by a number of guys in the past weeks including rookie E. Beltre ... clearly Manny isn't sniffing the depth chart ... yet. IMO of course.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porter? Did you mean Butler? TEX needed a RH COF addition to replace Cruz so Butler was about the only choice.

For those ... albeit not you who thought TEX might turn to Manny ... he's not a position player... he's the Berkman backup and since Berkman was replaced by a number of guys in the past weeks including rookie E. Beltre ... clearly Manny isn't sniffing the depth chart ... yet. IMO of course.

Yes, meant Butler, I've been mixing the 2 up since I can remember