• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Season Thread - 2013 Edition

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more interested in Nate Schierholtz and Michael cuddyer.

Cuddyer maybe, and Schierholtz is a platoon player all the way, if you don't want Murphy to play then they'll have to do better than Schierholtz

And is Schierholtz any improvement over Baker once he's healthy??

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milwaukee will want way too much for Carlos Gomez, Lucas "Dud"a... no, Hunter Pence is overrated and expensive, Marlon Byrd is still alive and people still want him back? Chris Carter is Adam Dunn 2.0 lots of Ks and no average

I would hope JD has no legitimate interest in any of these guys, except maybe Carlos Gomez but I doubt the improvement is worth the price to be paid... he just seems to be a sell high candidate and Milwaukee is going to fleece whoever they trade him to
I do not know how Hunter Pence is overrated in anyway. He would be expensive in a trade this year though. He should be a serious consideration for left field next year.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know how Hunter Pence is overrated in anyway. He would be expensive in a trade this year though. He should be a serious consideration for left field next year.

Have you seen what people have managed to get for him, not once but twice in a trade?

He's overrated, but good for those teams that "got" somebody else

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So uhhhh... Manny Ramirez eh?

Low risk signing... here's hoping for the best.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen what people have managed to get for him, not once but twice in a trade?

He's overrated, but good for those teams that "got" somebody else
You will always over pay for someone in a rental. Just how it works. He's more than worth the salary he is getting though.

I would rather go after the guy in free agency.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So uhhhh... Manny Ramirez eh?

Low risk signing... here's hoping for the best.

3 years since he last put up numbers worth bothering with or paying for.

Good luck Rangers and Ranger fans with this one.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years since he last put up numbers worth bothering with or paying for.

Good luck Rangers and Ranger fans with this one.
I find that funny considering what the Dodger organization has been doing the last two years. At least Texas didn't pay him millions of dollars to not perform.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find that funny considering what the Dodger organization has been doing the last two years. At least Texas didn't pay him millions of dollars to not perform.

What is the funny part? The part about him not being a productive player for the last 3 years, or me wishing you and other Ranger fans good luck with his signing?

Would it have been better had I lied and said how good he has been doing, or to have wished ill tidings?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Rev -- exactly. TEX signing him to a minor league deal after he's been playing all spring makes more sense than what OAK did last year during his cameo with their AAA team.

My bet is we are going to see a parade now of DH wanna be's until TEX finds one it likes better than LB.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rev -- exactly. TEX signing him to a minor league deal after he's been playing all spring makes more sense than what OAK did last year during his cameo with their AAA team.

My bet is we are going to see a parade now of DH wanna be's until TEX finds one it likes better than LB.

For what it is worth, I would agree on both parts. It is a low risk/reward signing. That said, I wonder what he has really shown anyone to be worth signing? I also agree that it might be a revolving door at D.H in Texas. I only say might be, as I think the 2 headed 1B/DH monster of Morland and Berkman can heat up again. And, if so, then they would be set at both spots pretty much.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For what it is worth, I would agree on both parts. It is a low risk/reward signing. That said, I wonder what he has really shown anyone to be worth signing? I also agree that it might be a revolving door at D.H in Texas. I only say might be, as I think the 2 headed 1B/DH monster of Morland and Berkman can heat up again. And, if so, then they would be set at both spots pretty much.

TEX only has 5 interleague games remaining in 2013 Regular Season ... 2 vs Milwaukee and 3 vs Pittsburgh ... all at RBIA. So don't see LB at 1b again any time soon ... and if Moreland platoons for the odd start it might be Baker at 1b (whenever he returns).

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This guy has been nothing but trouble every place he has played. Paying minimum wage would be to much. He should have been run out of baseball when he quit on his Red Sox teammates not to mention his suspensions for steroids. JMO, but I hope to never see this clown in a Rangers uniform.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This guy has been nothing but trouble every place he has played. Paying minimum wage would be to much. He should have been run out of baseball when he quit on his Red Sox teammates not to mention his suspensions for steroids. JMO, but I hope to never see this clown in a Rangers uniform.

It was a surprise to everyone that TEX signed Manny to a tryout. I agree -- if we see him in a TEX uniform they are in far more trouble than we thought.

Now what TEX may be thinking is to take a look at him first and while they are trying him out he's not on the market for anyone else to do the same thing they are doing.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think maybe JD is a genius and the entire F.O. is laughing because he had to cut off his hair.
Ironically, I seriously didn't dislike Manny's dreads at all, it's just every other facet of his MLB existence I've had a problem with.
But I still hope they're laughing.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I couldn't agree more.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn angels are heating up and only 8 games back ........we need to go on a tear and get them back to 10+ under

and a cushion on the freaking A's

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will always over pay for someone in a rental. Just how it works. He's more than worth the salary he is getting though.

I would rather go after the guy in free agency.

I wouldn't want him here at all

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn angels are heating up and only 8 games back ........we need to go on a tear and get them back to 10+ under

and a cushion on the freaking A's

I would be great if we had full control to make both things happen. Losing 2/3 from SEA and not sweeping the Astros does not help matters much.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we're frustrated the A's are keeping is a half game back, but you know they have to be frustrated that we just won't go away.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to admit that the A's aren't a fluke and that the Angels have a dangerous enough offence to overcome their horrendous pitching. Rangers are certainly good enough to win the division. Just look at their record against contenders, but also look at their record against the scrubs. They're dropping games they should be winning and the extra innings record REALLY pisses me off. The division's ours if we can just plug those irritating little brain farts.