• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Seahawks at 49ers game day thread

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost 4 starters in this game....VD, Reid, Williams, McDonald. Williams out for the season with a broken ankle, preliminary reports say. I envision us going after Seymour and seeing if we can't entice him to play for us, especially with Ray McDonald getting hurt too. We hold our breath with McDonald because we drafted him although he has no ACL.

damn man, that sucks. As bad as losing to a rival is, losing guys for the season is worse.

I don't know who you have next week but I bet you all beat their ass. That is going to be one pissed off team on the field. Good luck to you, but I hope you don't win as many as us. :nod:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to add Lynch with the game ball too. He dominated the Niners again.
difference to me is sherman dominated Boldin for 4 quarters and had a key pick early in the 3rd. Lynch struggled at times and was more of a second half force. both had great games, but to me this was Sherman's night.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who you have next week but I bet you all beat their ass. That is going to be one pissed off team on the field. Good luck to you, but I hope you don't win as many as us. :nod:
They'll be at home against Luck and the Colts.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn man, that sucks. As bad as losing to a rival is, losing guys for the season is worse.

We have Indy next week I believe...and I hope so. The team played with no heart towards the end and it really seemed to start unravelling once Reid was knocked out of the game so hopefully they play with some testicular fortitude next week, unlike the second half of this game.

Ian Williams being out sucks because he was a 3rd yr player just starting to come into his own, playing very well. Luckily we have Dorsey but our DL is thinning out quite a bit, enough for me to be extremely worried. Especially with Ray Ray getting hurt.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minus the cocaine problem and scissors to his teammates throat thing.

He's got the drug thing covered...given the amount of shit talking he does, I have to think its only a matter of time before he covers with a scissor-like incident as well.

:behindsofa:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
difference to me is sherman dominated Boldin for 4 quarters and had a key pick early in the 3rd. Lynch struggled at times and was more of a second half force. both had great games, but to me this was Sherman's night.

That's true too. No doubt Sherm was awesome tonight! Good thing he's on our side.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Congratulations Seahawk fans. That was Painful. I hope the 49ers don't have to play in Seattle next year.

...Oh wait. :L

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was kinda ugly. At one point in the first half I thought that anyone not a fan of the Seahawks or the 49ers had to be wondering why a lot of the pundits keep saying that these are two of the best teams in the league. That first half was brutal.

Penalties were a problem, again, although the officials seemed to be getting a kick out of getting so much camera time. Not only were penalties a problem, but once again it was stupid penalties. Too many big gains or first downs were either called back or significantly blunted by stupid, avoidable penalties. These are the types of penalties that would see your awareness rating on Madden take a hit. Then we have Lynch come dangerously close to a taunting penalty on at least one of this touchdown runs... it just has to stop.

Wilson wasn't sharp, which is going to happen against a defense like San Francisco's, but there were some drops too. The offensive line was okay, but they can play better. Hopefully Okung's toe injury won't hamper him too much going forward. It is nice to know, though, that when one phase of the offense is getting stymied, the other phase can make up for it. Last week, it was the running game that didn't work... this week it was the passing game. One of these days they'll be clicking on all cylinders offensively. We just haven't seen it yet.

What can I say about the defense that hasn't already been said? They came up HUGE in this game. Holding Boldin to one catch with minimal damage after the game he had last week was crucial. I wasn't fond of the missed tackles that allowed Kaepernick to get a couple nice runs, but it didn't hurt us too bad and as long as they clean that up next week, it's all good. I was happy with the pressure they were able to get on Kaepernick all night, though, and it was great to see Avril in there making major contributions immediately. I can't wait to see Clemons and Irvin in there.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post dude and i agree on the "Clicking" it will come and when it does WOW.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Seahawks seem to be Kaepernick's Krypton, at least when it comes to Kaep's passing numbers(source is ESPN.com):

Bottling Up Kap

i
The Seahawks seem content to let Colin Kaepernick run wild while making his life miserable when he drops back. Here are his career numbers against the Seahawks compared to the rest of the league.
Vs. SeahawksVs. OthersComp. pct.50%66%Yds/att5.89.1TD-INT1-412-2Yds/rush7.85.5

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Living in Nor Cal seeing so many " fans " wearing Niners stuff many the same people that wore Rich Gannon jersey's about a decade ago because then they were all about Silver and Black, walking around everywhere with a Kapernick t-shirt or a Gore jersey their little S.F. flags and decals attached to their cars it's a damn good feeling to see our boys go and dismantle their team this way.

The true Niner fans ( you know the ones that rooted for the team when Jeff Garcia was there ) are going to be rooting for their club next week and know they can compete for a championship even though this game stung they'll be back, The bandwagoners won't be seen walking around in public and would deny even being a fan after last night.

Many are the same folks who removed their Giants licence plate frames and are supporting my A's because they are the flavor of the week, nothing wrong for wanting to back a winner I guess but it's damn gratifying to watch these Seahawks be better in every phase of the game robbing fake joy from would be fans. I'm looking forward to the rematch and hoping we are at full strength, if the road to the Superbowl runs though the North West I got a feeling Russell vs Peyton will be a hot topic leading up to February 2nd.

As for this week it could be a trap game, don't overlook the Jags needs to be a message driven home Gus Bradley knows us well and even if his team isn't very good on paper there is a reason they still play the game. I believe if the Seahawks are focused the game could be in hand by half time and we could rest most of the starters but we cannot overlook any NFL team even at home.

Go Seahawks!

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to the rematch and hoping we are at full strength, if the road to the Superbowl runs though the North West I got a feeling Russell vs Peyton will be a hot topic leading up to February 2nd.

Go Seahawks!

And ya gotta wonder if Peyton was already thinking the same thing which was why he seemed very concerned about his team's performance in a pre-season game. Speculation of course, but I think experienced players have a good idea of what teams have the talent.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And ya gotta wonder if Peyton was already thinking the same thing which was why he seemed very concerned about his team's performance in a pre-season game. Speculation of course, but I think experienced players have a good idea of what teams have the talent.

Agreed,Peyton would get the Elway treatment if he came to CLink and i am sure he knows all about that.