• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Prospect Of The Day

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Morning!

Prospect of Thursday 3/23/2023

Christopher Dunn, Placekicker NC State​

A new entry into the top five kickers in the 2023 NFL Draft, Christopher Dunn has been a bright spark for a North Carolina State program that had high expectations coming into the 2022 CFB season. While the offense has sometimes struggled, Dunn has been as clutch as they come.

With 455 points scored for the Wolfpack through Week 10 of the season, Dunn is comfortably the highest-scoring player in NC State history. He also holds the record for most field-goal completions in program history, nailing 87 of his 104 attempts for an 83.7% career percentage.

This season, Dunn has showcased both power and consistency as a 2023 NFL Draft kicking prospect. He’s 100% on both field goals and extra points, while demonstrating his leg power with a 53-yard long against FSU.

He’s already been profiled. Post #507. “Homework”

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Morning!

A new entry into the top five kickers in the 2023 NFL Draft, Christopher Dunn has been a bright spark for a North Carolina State program that had high expectations coming into the 2022 CFB season. While the offense has sometimes struggled, Dunn has been as clutch as they come.

With 455 points scored for the Wolfpack through Week 10 of the season, Dunn is comfortably the highest-scoring player in NC State history. He also holds the record for most field-goal completions in program history, nailing 87 of his 104 attempts for an 83.7% career percentage.

This season, Dunn has showcased both power and consistency as a 2023 NFL Draft kicking prospect. He’s 100% on both field goals and extra points, while demonstrating his leg power with a 53-yard long against FSU.
I really like this pick. Safest kicker?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like this pick. Safest kicker?
He's not on the radar, so to speak. SC State isn't a "Big" school and guys like him get ignored.

His accuracy reminds me of a real Patriot oldie...........................John Smith.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not on the radar, so to speak. SC State isn't a "Big" school and guys like him get ignored.

His accuracy reminds me of a real Patriot oldie...........................John Smith.
NC State is a good school and produces a lot of NFL players.
They better pay attention to them!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Worthy of 7th round consideration

Good Morning!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NC State is a good school and produces a lot of NFL players.
They better pay attention to them!
I don't disagree but the Big10, 12 and SEC get the majority of press and network attention.

Most of the guys from less "mediaized schools get taken late or end up UDFA

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday must be my turn again?

Though I think BB gets a 5th round pick, I'm staying with what NE currently has.

So with their 1st pick in the 6th round, the NE Patriots select Ricky Stromberg, C, Arkansas. Andrews isn't getting any younger. I personally feel Stromberg is a steal here. Another road grader. He's slow so could struggle blocking at the 2nd level.

NFLDRAFTBUZZ.com logo

RICKYSTROMBERG
Previous
Arkansas Mascot

Ricky Stromberg  C  Arkansas | NFL Draft 2023 Souting Report - Portrait Image

HEIGHT​

6-3

WEIGHT​

COLLEGE​

Arkansas

POSITION​

C

CLASS​

Senior

HOME TOWN​

Tulsa, OK
80.7/100
PLAYERRATING
POSITIONRANK (OL)
FORTYYD TIME

Next

RICKY STROMBERG C ARKANSAS
NFL DRAFT PROFILE & SCOUTING REPORT​

DRAFT YEAR: 2023
40 TIME: 5.26 SECONDS (48%*)
BOWL INVITE: SHRINE BOWL

MEASURABLES:
HEIGHT: 6-3 (41%*)WEIGHT: 306 (61%*)
HANDS: 9 3/4 (48%*)ARM: 33 1/4 (66%*)
SPAN: 80 3/8 (85%*)
FORTY: 5.26 (C) (48%*)SHUTTLE: DNP
10 YARD: 1.81 (C) (42%*)
VERT: 32.5 (C) (92%*)BROAD: 111 (C) (94%*)
(C) - NFL COMBINE (P) - PRO DAY
*Percentile calculated on how any given stat would rank at the NFL combine historically in the player's position group (Higher value represents better perfomance).
ALL ARKANSAS DRAFT PROSPECTS

OVERALL RATING:80.7 / 100
GAME PERFORMANCE WEIGHTED RATING
PASS BLOCKING:83%
RUN BLOCKING:91%
DRAFT PROJECTION: 6TH
OVERALL RANK: #168 POSITION RANK: #26
COLLEGE GAMES: 46 COLLEGE SNAPS: 3121

GRADE:
4 ESPN  Stars
ESPN RATING: 80/100
OVR RANK: #65 POS RANK: #7 STATE RANK:#5
COLLEGE COMBINE RESULTS
VIEW >>

GRADE:
247 Sports 90 Stars
247 RATING: 90/100
OVR RANK: #5 POS RANK: #4

GRADE:
3 Stars
RIVALS RATING: 5.6 (92%)

DRAFT PROFILE: BIO​

Ricky Stromberg from Union High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Stromberg opted to join Arkansas.

In 2019 as a freshman Stromberg saw action in 12 games and played a total of 722 snaps for the Razorbacks. He allowed an impressive 9 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at right guard.

As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 9 games and a total of 628 snaps. He conceded just 2 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack while playing at center.

In 2021 as a junior Stromberg saw action in 13 games and totaled 873 snaps. He gave up an impressive 7 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 3 sacks while playing at center.

In 2022 as a senior Stromberg saw action in 12 games and played a total of 898 snaps for the Razorbacks. He allowed 11 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at center.

He's a BB type of kid with G expirence as well.

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS​

• His high football IQ and the ability to set protections at the line of scrimmage will make him popular with position coaches. He’s instinctive after the snap, reading and reacting quickly to stunts and twists and showing an understanding of angles in the run game.
  • He’ll consistently finish blocks, dropping on defenders when Stromberg has them on the ground. Stromberg shows good awareness reacting to twists and stunts as a pass protector, and he has the strength to anchor against bigger defensive linemen.
  • Stromberg thrives on physicality, often out-grappling bigger defensive linemen and winning in the phone booth with tenacity and upper-body strength.
  • Mauler in the run game, playing with a nasty disposition and showing excellent snap and punch quickness.
  • Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corrected for quitter!

BigKen (Thursday)
YankeeTraveler (Friday)
Southieinnc (Monday the 27th)
nefansince75 (Tuesday)
sharkymcwrath (Wednesday)
NWPATSFAN (Thursday)
Cheerupcharley (Friday)

No. Today was my day.

But seeing as how I was looking at Ricky yesterday, I'll go ahead and let the pick stand as mine.

Don't forget to post next Thursday too.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Though I think BB gets a 5th round pick, I'm staying with what NE currently has.

So with their 1st pick in the 6th round, the NE Patriots select Ricky Stromberg, C, Arkansas. Andrews isn't getting any younger. I personally feel Stromberg is a steal here. Another road grader. He's slow so could struggle blocking at the 2nd level.

NFLDRAFTBUZZ.com logo

RICKYSTROMBERG
Previous
Arkansas Mascot

HEIGHT​

6-3

WEIGHT​

COLLEGE​

Arkansas

POSITION​

C

CLASS​

Senior

HOME TOWN​

Tulsa, OK
80.7/100
PLAYERRATING
POSITIONRANK (OL)
FORTYYD TIME

Next

RICKY STROMBERG C ARKANSAS​

MEASURABLES:
*Percentile calculated on how any given stat would rank at the NFL combine historically in the player's position group (Higher value represents better perfomance).

GRADE:
4 ESPN  Stars
COLLEGE COMBINE RESULTS
VIEW >>

GRADE:
247 Sports 90 Stars

GRADE:
3 Stars

Ricky Stromberg from Union High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Stromberg opted to join Arkansas.

In 2019 as a freshman Stromberg saw action in 12 games and played a total of 722 snaps for the Razorbacks. He allowed an impressive 9 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at right guard.

As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 9 games and a total of 628 snaps. He conceded just 2 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack while playing at center.

In 2021 as a junior Stromberg saw action in 13 games and totaled 873 snaps. He gave up an impressive 7 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 3 sacks while playing at center.

In 2022 as a senior Stromberg saw action in 12 games and played a total of 898 snaps for the Razorbacks. He allowed 11 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing at center.

• His high football IQ and the ability to set protections at the line of scrimmage will make him popular with position coaches. He’s instinctive after the snap, reading and reacting quickly to stunts and twists and showing an understanding of angles in the run game.
  • He’ll consistently finish blocks, dropping on defenders when Stromberg has them on the ground. Stromberg shows good awareness reacting to twists and stunts as a pass protector, and he has the strength to anchor against bigger defensive linemen.
  • Stromberg thrives on physicality, often out-grappling bigger defensive linemen and winning in the phone booth with tenacity and upper-body strength.
  • Mauler in the run game, playing with a nasty disposition and showing excellent snap and punch quickness.
  • Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.

Those two thing jump out. I do like this kid and think he has a lot of room to grow. and positional versatility at guard.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFLDRAFTBUZZ.com logo

RICKYSTROMBERG
Previous
Arkansas Mascot

HEIGHT​

6-3

WEIGHT​

COLLEGE​

Arkansas

POSITION​

C

CLASS​

Senior

HOME TOWN​

Tulsa, OK
80.7/100
PLAYERRATING
POSITIONRANK (OL)
FORTYYD TIME

Next

RICKY STROMBERG C ARKANSAS​

MEASURABLES:

GRADE:
4 ESPN  Stars
COLLEGE COMBINE RESULTS
VIEW >>

GRADE:
247 Sports 90 Stars

GRADE:
3 Stars

Ricky Stromberg from Union High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN

and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Stromberg opted to join Arkansas.

I have us taking him in the mock draft topic so I’m definitely down with this. I think he goes earlier though. But he’s definitely my favorite center.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have us taking him in the mock draft topic so I’m definitely down with this. I think he goes earlier though. But he’s definitely my favorite center.
We damn sure need to draft one OT and one IOL, this year. And I would like to see two TEs

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's my day. I had a safety planned but since @BigKen posted every fucking safety in the draft, I'll go another direction.
The safety was: Sydney Brown S Illinois

.......careful to not compare prospects to an all-time great, such as Troy Polamalu. However, putting all hair aside, I do see some similarities in play style. I am in no way predicting Brown to have the career Troy had, but he is insanely athletic, and that athleticism was on display this week. Nobody was flying around the field more and making more plays in Mobile than Sydney Brown. If he can clean up the occasional missed tackles, he has a chance to be great. I have a second-round grade on him currently.

Instead my pick is:

Darnell Wright NFL draft profile​

Ever since he put on a helmet, Wright has been on a collision course with the NFL draft. He was a five-star prospect and a top-five overall recruit coming out of high school in 2019. He had scholarship offers from all of the blue bloods — Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson — but instead chose to play for the University of Tennessee.

Since arriving at Tennessee, Wright has only kept climbing. He started seven games and played in 11 as a true freshman, earning Freshman All-SEC honors. He then became a full-time starter at right tackle in 2020. And in 2021, he moved to the blind side, starting all 13 games at the left tackle spot.

Wright has shown a lot in his time at Tennessee. He’s displayed versatility, reliability, and high-end physical talent.
Tennessee OT Darnell Wright isn’t yet a household name on the 2023 NFL Draft stage, but that may soon change if he can complete his scouting report. In a wide-open offensive tackle class, Wright has the opportunity to ascend and take a top spot. And as his path to this point shows, he has the talent as well.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jarrick Bernard-Converse 7th or UDFA​

Ran 4.40 on his pro day. Cornerback - Will he start at special teams?

3/18/23: Like teammate Mekhi Garner, Bernard-Converse impressed pro evaluators in 2022, totaling 44 tackles, two interceptions and three passes defended. He has good size to go along some quickness and athleticism. While Bernard-Converse did not produce a lot of interceptions in his college career, four over five seasons, Bernard-Converse racked up 11 passes broken up in 2021. He could be a second-day pick in the 2023 NFL Draft and end up becoming a pro starter.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Colleto FB, QB, ST's LB - The Jackhammer! Wild ass pick! Paul Hornung Award Winner

Jack Colletto was a utility player/fullback for the Oregon State Beavers. Colletto’s nickname is the Jackhammer due to his physical, downhill style of play. He entered Corvallis as a quarterback before taking snaps at inside linebacker, on special teams, and eventually fullback. Over time, he became a weapon for his team to use.

Colletto is a Swiss army knife that can be impactful in numerous ways. His motor is outstanding and he is a team-first player. His willingness to assume multiple roles and wear alternating hats is impressive. His toughness and competitiveness are easy to identify on tape. On punt and kick coverage, he brings physicality as a tackler once the returner is within his path. He blocks with maximum effort in the run game. He leads the ball carrier into the lane with the intention of creating space. He has decent speed in the open field with the ball in his hands.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Colleto FB, QB, ST's LB - The Jackhammer! Wild ass pick! Paul Hornung Award Winner

Jack Colletto was a utility player/fullback for the Oregon State Beavers. Colletto’s nickname is the Jackhammer due to his physical, downhill style of play. He entered Corvallis as a quarterback before taking snaps at inside linebacker, on special teams, and eventually fullback. Over time, he became a weapon for his team to use.

Colletto is a Swiss army knife that can be impactful in numerous ways. His motor is outstanding and he is a team-first player. His willingness to assume multiple roles and wear alternating hats is impressive. His toughness and competitiveness are easy to identify on tape. On punt and kick coverage, he brings physicality as a tackler once the returner is within his path. He blocks with maximum effort in the run game. He leads the ball carrier into the lane with the intention of creating space. He has decent speed in the open field with the ball in his hands.

Love him in the 6th round. Said somewhere earlier I'd like to see NE find another FB. Add all these other skills and yes, yes, yes go get him.