• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Other Olympics Thread

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Olympics were supposed to be about bringing us together, not constantly complaining about another nation.

There have always been lots of controversies over figure skating, diving, etc. - any sport that is "judged."

GAWD.... you're so american with that statement.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want to know is what does Declan Hill have to say about this supposed fix?

:D

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People realize that White/Davis have beat Moir/Virtue six times in a row now, right? It's not like the Canadian duo came in on a run, and some scrub pair from the US beats them. The unfortunate side of a subjectively scored sport is conspiracy...and it's constant.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pix, some people minds are already made up, let's not bring actual facts into the conversation to muddy the waters further.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want to know is what does Declan Hill have to say about this supposed fix?

:D

Declan Hill ‏@declan_hill 2h
Figure Skating – the sport that corruption killed:

The memories came flooding back when watching more Olym... Declan Hill - Figure Skating ? the sport that corruption killed

:)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not believing the controversy or the fix on this. Im not expert enough to judge who was better then who in that. Judge contests are always like this like some have said. thats why I prefer to put more emotion and interest into scored events like hockey, curling and timed events like speed skating, downhill skiing etc... I just cant get caught up in that.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well anyway, congrats to Virtue and Moir on a great career. At least they leave with integrity

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People realize that White/Davis have beat Moir/Virtue six times in a row now, right? It's not like the Canadian duo came in on a run, and some scrub pair from the US beats them. The unfortunate side of a subjectively scored sport is conspiracy...and it's constant.

Pix, there's something you're not grasping. Canada cannot be legitimately beaten in any sport - either we 'hand' the medal to the competition by screwing up or the judges 'hand' it to the competition through corruption. I and my girlfriend know enough about the intricacies of every Olympic sport to see it clearly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought both routines were outstanding, but I did find the Davis/White routines to be more engaging. Both were technically precise, both had challenging elements, and both had character. It probably could have gone either way, but honestly, it's no travesty that Davis and White won.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pix, some people minds are already made up, let's not bring actual facts into the conversation to muddy the waters further.

Twitter is a freaking mess. I follow a good amount of Canadians, and for the most part they're angry with the good amount of Americans telling them to stuff their conspiracy theories up their bums. So really it's a bunch of rabble with only a few people actually having a conspiracy, a bunch of people yelling at the general Canadian population and labeling them conspiracy theorists, followed by a bunch of Canadians saying stop being sore winners and that they're not conspiracy theorists.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pix, there's something you're not grasping. Canada cannot be legitimately beaten in any sport - either we 'hand' the medal to the competition by screwing up or the judges 'hand' it to the competition through corruption. I and my girlfriend know enough about the intricacies of every Olympic sport to see it clearly.

:clap:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats on the gold ya bunch o yanks..

seriously congrats. I dont believe the fix

I thought both routines were outstanding, but I did find the Davis/White routines to be more engaging. Both were technically precise, both had challenging elements, and both had character. It probably could have gone either way, but honestly, it's no travesty that Davis and White won.

Twitter is a freaking mess. I follow a good amount of Canadians, and for the most part they're angry with the good amount of Americans telling them to stuff their conspiracy theories up their bums. So really it's a bunch of rabble with only a few people actually having a conspiracy, a bunch of people yelling at the general Canadian population and labeling them conspiracy theorists, followed by a bunch of Canadians saying stop being sore winners and that they're not conspiracy theorists.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matty made the most important point - At least the Russians didn't win gold :D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The big scoring decision with which I disagreed was actually the Russian pair over the French pair for bronze, to be honest.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They certainly could have too. Thought they actually were the best team of the night