• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never a good thing when something like this happens. It's also magnified considering it happened at VT. Details are still a little sketch so I'm reserving judgement but I must say it appears all the protocols installed after 4/16 worked very well. With a campus that large and open, I don't know what else you can ask for.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all this, it makes me feel like an asshat for how little we really cared during the whole Robert Morva thing. We spent the whole day boozing. Shit seems a considerably more tragic now.

Sounds like someone was doing that today too... I heard a woman with "possible alcohol poisoning" on the blotter a few hours ago.

i was thinking the same thing, thats what i was doing as well during the Morva thing.

i heard that on the police radio too, hope she's alright

heard i dont know how many reports on the police radio about subject seen wearing grey sweat pants and maroon sweatshirt on so-and-so street....i dont know about you guys, but with everything that was going on yesterday...if I was going to leave my apartment, i would make damn sure i was not wearing anything that could be perceived as a maroon hoodie and grey sweat pants...

RIP Officer Crouse

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found out that officer Crouse graduated from my high school.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this in the other thread, but I know a lot of Cops and one small good thing that will come out of this, is that she will not be alone in raising those kids. They will have a whole fistful of fathers that will be there forever, not just for a little bit, but forever. It happens in that career, and cops, like firemen and soldiers and others step in big time and help, and they do it for life.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a site I've seen passed along to set up donations to the Crouse family. I cannot imagine what the family is going through.

https://sites.google.com/site/hokiesforcrouse/home

It warms my heart to see this already working. I know a lot of misguided media types will be spinning this as a "what's wrong with Tech" and not "what's wrong with the world". That can't be helped.

We are good people who bad things have happened to. Tragedy is a part of life and what has happened could happen to us all. How we carry on in the face of hardship and despair is what truly defines us. Hokie Nation made me proud to be a Hokie after 4/16. They are making me proud again today and I know they will make me proud in all of my days to come.

We are all grieving with the Crouse family today and I can't imagine what they must be going through. Thoughts and prayers are with them.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Press conference confirmed that shooter killed himself in the cage. He changed and ditched his old clothes at the greenhouses and was found half a hour later at cage. Could explain why they took so long to identify the shooter as the victim in the cage.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all very sad. This all almost seems pre-meditated in some form (against law enforcement or someone for some unknown reason) and not some random act of violence (at not at least towards this particular officer). They found a backpack with the clothes the shooter had on when he shot the cop. So he was carrying around a bag with extra clothes in it?? Kinda weird. Unless you might be going/coming from the gym or something. The just released that they may identify the shooter by later today..

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard today that he changed clothes before he committed suicide....that gets weird.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
28PR4.jpg

fqgAU.jpg

H44Lp.jpg

IeRyF.jpg

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post Ragingcroc. Amazing how the media tries to sensationalize everything and disregard facts.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post Ragingcroc. Amazing how the media tries to sensationalize everything and disregard facts.
I didn't make these but I really like the point that it proves. Blacksburg is a very safe place to be. The media just blows everything that happens here way out of proportion because of 4/16. Just shows that life is unpredictable and anything can happen.

RIP Officer Crouse

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard today that he changed clothes before he committed suicide....that gets weird.

Not really. It lends itself to a motive. He had a spare set of clothes which indicates he had something planned. What that was, who knows. In all likely hood, he ditched his clothes as a get away, got to the cage but a deputy spotted him according to reports, knew he was caught and did one of the most cowardly things any piece of scum like that can do.

What's troubling is unless they find some sort of info in his apartment, computer, whatever, we'll likely never know what his intentions were. I know nothing would really help things for the officer's family but if it were me, that would drive me nuts not knowing why. That's why its important to pray that God gives them peace.