• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Off-Topic VT Thread

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI Jayron dropped to a score of 79 by Scouts Inc. He has taken a big hit lately. I think he was an 88 a few weeks ago. DW is #24 on the big board at a 90.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI Jayron dropped to a score of 79 by Scouts Inc. He has taken a big hit lately. I think he was an 88 a few weeks ago. DW is #24 on the big board at a 90.

I don't disagree with those numbers... Jayron hasn't played all that well this year. Not sure if he's been hurt or what. His return game was pretty good but not unreal like we've seen before... his coverage was a step slower it seemed.

DW was lights out and more than showed his speed AND power this year. I hate to see it happen, but he's deserving of a 1st/2nd round choice and I bet he gets that projection and bolts. Who wouldn't?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with those numbers... Jayron hasn't played all that well this year. Not sure if he's been hurt or what. His return game was pretty good but not unreal like we've seen before... his coverage was a step slower it seemed.

DW was lights out and more than showed his speed AND power this year. I hate to see it happen, but he's deserving of a 1st/2nd round choice and I bet he gets that projection and bolts. Who wouldn't?

Virginia Tech RB David Wilson undecided about declaring for NFL draft - Hokies Journal - The Washington Post

He says he is still undecided but the article makes me confident he is going to the NFL. If he has a good showing at the Sugar Bowl his stock will rise. He will be a 2nd rounder at least and if he goes to the combine he will put up freakish numbers and maybe boost him to late 1st round.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I found that Disney poster BMW....

...and he is still trolling as usual. Check out the comments section on youtube. Man that is one ruined dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wilson said that he always viewed college football as a "pit stop" before the NFL, but that he has grown to love college football and his experience @ VT. <----IMO i think he will go, but it sure doesnt sound like he is leaning one way or the other. :noidea:

EDIT: so as DW's "spot" is ending Roth is encouraging the crowd to cheer for David Wilson in support of him coming back next season. You can hear one voice thats way louder than the rest, turns out it was Cornell. hahaha

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was checking on new vids on youtube and noticed that our boy Dozer got married last month. Congrats man!!!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a buddy of mine got married in War Memorial last summer ^ pretty nice setting

oh yeah, and congrats dozer

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46, anything brewing at Auburn that would cause Malzahn to take a 50% pay cut and go to Ark St? A lot of speculation there but I could believe he just wanted to return home and get a HC gig with a lot less pressure for his first shot at it. Up and coming program too

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46, anything brewing at Auburn that would cause Malzahn to take a 50% pay cut and go to Ark St? A lot of speculation there but I could believe he just wanted to return home and get a HC gig with a lot less pressure for his first shot at it. Up and coming program too

This is pure speculation on my part, but I think he just wants a head coaching gig. Ark. State is on the rise and in a very good recruiting area. In addition, winning at Auburn was short lived and I think it will be a while before they can compete with LSU, Arkansas and Alabama so he figured he would jump while his rep was through the roof.

As far as I know, Auburn got off with nothing from the NCAA (pretty crazy) and nothing is coming down the pick with them.

The OSU and UNC decisions are next on the docket, followed by investigations at Oregon and Miami.....then Bama....

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope Oregon and Bama get crushed. Miami just shoots themselves in the foot anyways.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pure speculation on my part, but I think he just wants a head coaching gig. Ark. State is on the rise and in a very good recruiting area.

wasn't he offered the Vandy job for much more money though?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ion/57032-gus-malzahn-new-hc-arkansas-st.html

There's a discussion on the CFB page talking about this issue. A few theories as to what's going on down there, some a little more far fetched than others.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't he offered the Vandy job for much more money though?

If you coach at Vandy, you have to play an SEC schedule and you have to deal with the Vandy requirements. If you coach at Arky State, you are almost assured a bowl game and 8-9 wins and you can wait until one of the other SEC fanbases gets fed up and fires their coach. Just my opinion.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
GOT THIS FROM THE KEY PLAY WHO GOT IT FROM HOKIE SPORTS. GET 'EM ROTH

Mr. Roth,
No one questions the quality of your fan base, only the quality of this selection. Boise State (remember them??) should be in the Sugar Bowl, not Virginia Tech. You can talk all you want about money and a Hall of Fame coach. You'd retire him in a minute if you could replace him with Chris Petersen. 'Fess up, the system IS broke and choosing Virginia Tech over BSU validates it. Eric Bouchard, Boise, Idaho.

Eric,
I think Tech fans can commiserate with you and other Bronco fans. They've been there before (Tech's 2000 BCS snub). I think Tech fans also respect Coach Petersen and the Broncos program. But bowl games are about putting fans in the seats and packing hotel rooms, and Virginia Tech has the advantage here. Bronco Stadium seats 33,400. Eric, Virginia Tech draws more than that for its spring game.

Furthermore, and I suggest this knowing in advance how you and other Bronco fans will react, there are several teams in the ACC, SEC, Big 12, Pac-12, and Big 10 that would have compiled a similar or better won-loss record than the Broncos over the past 10 years if they played the same schedule as Boise State. Yes, I'm quite aware of the result of the Tech-Boise game from last year, and the Georgia-Boise game from this year. And I really think the Boise-Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl was the greatest game I ever watched. But in a one-game deal, anything can happen.

Over the years in the WAC and Mountain West, Boise feasted on inferior teams. There has never been a cumulative effect of getting pounded on by future NFL linemen week after week. If you let Tech (or South Carolina or Arkansas or Michigan State or Wisconsin or Florida State or Penn State, etc.) play the exact same schedule as Boise State over the past 150-200 games, they'd have won 90 percent of them, too.

As for your final comment re: Coach Beamer, I'm being totally respectful again when I suggest that you'd have said the same thing about former Broncos coach Dan Hawkins back in 2005 before he left Boise for Colorado. We know how that turned out, right? It's great you love and respect your coach. But in fairness, I'll take ours'.

I knew the shit was going to hit the fan when that guy talked about firing beamer

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Graham leaving Pitt!

How long before BF's name is thrown out there?

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaMichael James has reportedly decided to enter the NFL draft. I don't know if this will affect DW's decision, but it might give him something to think about since James is a player that will get likely drafted before him.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaMichael James has reportedly decided to enter the NFL draft. I don't know if this will affect DW's decision, but it might give him something to think about since James is a player that will get likely drafted before him.

Most draft experts have Wilson as no worse than the 4th best RB in this years draft making him a 2nd or 3rd round selection (maybe 1st if he really impresses someone at the combine.)
1) Trent Richardson--hands down number 1
2-2A) Lamar Miller/DW--Miller is predicted to go before Wilson in most cases
3) Chris Polk
James is well below them and probably won't go until at least the 3rd round..Don't think this will affect DW decision at all.

Anymore most RB in the NFL are a dime-a-dozen and clubs don't put that much value in them. If they can get 5 really good years out of them they are doing very well. They take such a beating compared to other positions and they have a finite number of carries in their careers before they are going to get injured, there are a handful of exceptions. If DW gets projected in the top 2 rounds (and he probably will), I will be surprised if he stays...