• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners arm-chair GM offseason thread

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners GM Jerry Dipoto understandably regrets the deal that sent Chris Taylor to the Dodgers,telling Matt Calkins of the Seattle Times that “it’s clearly the worst deal I’ve ever made.” The veteran baseball executive surely had little reason to expect Taylor to break through as he has, but he still says he “whiffed” by parting with such a controllable player for a pitcher (Zach Lee) that has not worked out.

--------------

Wait a year or two on the O'Neill deal and then check back in with him.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners GM Jerry Dipoto understandably regrets the deal that sent Chris Taylor to the Dodgers,telling Matt Calkins of the Seattle Times that “it’s clearly the worst deal I’ve ever made.” The veteran baseball executive surely had little reason to expect Taylor to break through as he has, but he still says he “whiffed” by parting with such a controllable player for a pitcher (Zach Lee) that has not worked out.

--------------

Wait a year or two on the O'Neill deal and then check back in with him.
ugh!!! Dip is just facepalming his way into Mariners fans hearts. Can't wait to see O'Neill hit 30+ bombs

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion of Dipoto drops more and more with every quote of his I read. Can the M's get a real GM please?

I think it is so funny how the M's have the lowest ceiling in baseball for management. Three teams in this years playoffs have fired their respective managers and ours continue on until contract end and even then sometimes re-signed.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is so funny how the M's have the lowest ceiling in baseball for management. Three teams in this years playoffs have fired their respective managers and ours continue on until contract end and even then sometimes re-signed.
I have the same thoughts. The other thing that the Mariners did that really rubs me the wrong way is fire some of the coaches but not the one ultimately responsible, put blame on a first base coach LOL. In a lot of ways they actually praise Servais for the "good job" he is doing. It seems they want the image of holding the coaching staff accountable but not in reality.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this World Series has been incredible.

I forgot how much fun baseball is to watch when it's not the Mariners.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this World Series has been incredible.

I forgot how much fun baseball is to watch when it's not the Mariners.

Funny, I guess after 40 years of M's baseball the playoffs mean little to me. I watched a couple innings last night which was the first of any playoffs I have watched this year. And while the game went back and forth, all I could think is how the hell long will this game last? I guess it is the official marking of my old age (50). 5.5 hours for a baseball game? And why can't either team, which are suppose to be the top 2 teams in the league in theory, find a freaking relief pitcher to get a guy out? 1995 was so much more fun for me.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In true Mariners fashion;

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I guess after 40 years of M's baseball the playoffs mean little to me. I watched a couple innings last night which was the first of any playoffs I have watched this year. And while the game went back and forth, all I could think is how the hell long will this game last? I guess it is the official marking of my old age (50). 5.5 hours for a baseball game? And why can't either team, which are suppose to be the top 2 teams in the league in theory, find a freaking relief pitcher to get a guy out? 1995 was so much more fun for me.

I haven't really followed the playoffs much, but for some reason this year I have to a certain extent. I don't think there is any particular reason. I will say it has been worth it, this World Series has been incredible so far.

I don't mind the offensive explosion, it makes the game more exciting IMO.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need better players. We don't need a better manager or coaches. We finally found the answer:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need better players. We don't need a better manager or coaches. We finally found the answer:

Well, after looking at the picture I think it's quite obvious what she will be doing for the team.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
high performance appraoch?

lol

fuck you, jerry

and fuck you too, doc martin.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait a second, a woman is really is ok with that job title in a male sport? Her job is to make sure they don't come up short and finish the job they start?

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99952188_582x776.jpg

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Control the Zone, Mental Skills Coach, High Performance coordinator. Blah blah blah
These things are fun to read I guess but when you give away Mark Trumbo, Chris Taylor and Mike Montgomery for peanuts what am I supposed to believe. You wanna prevent injuries? Maybe don’t have Felix, Paxton, Kuma and Smyly as the top 4 in your rotation.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I wish we would have had our eyes open to the fact that Chris Taylor had those skills in there. We didn’t know that,” Dipoto said in a sit-down interview earlier this week. “I watch the game, I’m rooting for him, I think it’s great. He’s a great guy, I know he plays hard, I will never wish a player ill will. I’m the one who screwed up, not Chris. I traded him, not vice versa.” ~Dipito

Seems to be a common theme for Mariner Baseball...

Dudes thriving in the postseason, while playing Centerfield... Last time I checked, we needed a Centerfielder... Close minded coaches w/out creativity...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well cross another team off the list of have nots. The number of teams that have never won a world series is down to 7 and of those, 3 of the 6 that are not Seattle have made it to the World Series more recently than the Mariners have made the playoffs.