• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners arm-chair GM offseason thread 2018-2019

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is just an example...and there are a few other trades that could happen for the same guys plus one prospect
who???...idk..but they need that one more pitcher..and for not much money...which means they have to get a AAA guy

and really two or three AAA guys

so ya fish around for some AAA pitching and fish around for a guy to platoon with seager
till ya find the right guys....till next off season
then felix is gone

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2pct and comment

trade vogelbach,vincent,and ramirez for a young pitcher like cole irvin to philis and resign cruz..

then trade him for the pitcher that you really want

Literally makes zero sense. Why would a team that wants a guy who is a free agent wait for him to sign with another team just to trade for him.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally makes zero sense. Why would a team that wants a guy who is a free agent wait for him to sign with another team just to trade for him.

just saying resign cruz

and then the trade

cole irvin is L/L but the mariners need a R/R....but i was just useing that as an example of the way it could work
and with a possible one more prospect as well...but there are other deals as well out there for
a young pitching at low cost...you would hope

to basicly ......have your cake and eat it too

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saying resign cruz

and then the trade

cole irvin is L/L but the mariners need a R/R....but i was just useing that as an example of the way it could work
and with a possible one more prospect as well...but there are other deals as well out there for
a young pitching at low cost...you would hope

to basicly ......have your cake and eat it too

A GM in any sport that would do that would be fired on the spot and never offered a job in a front office in sports again.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A GM in any sport that would do that would be fired on the spot and never offered a job in a front office in sports again.

paul blackman..cubs,seattle===oakland
malix smith....atlanta,seattle===tampa bay

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even three team trades can happen at times...and do..in baseball

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As You Slide Down the Banister of Life Towards 2019-- Remember:
upload_2018-10-5_19-23-11.gif

1. Jim Baker and Jimmy Swaggert have written an impressive new book. It's called ... 'Ministers Do More Than Lay People'

2. DELETEDupload_2018-10-5_19-23-11.gif upload_2018-10-5_19-23-12.jpg upload_2018-10-5_19-23-12.jpg upload_2018-10-5_19-23-12.jpg upload_2018-10-5_19-23-12.jpg

3. The difference between the Pope and your boss, the Pope only expects you to kiss his ring.
upload_2018-10-5_19-23-12.jpg

4. My mind works like lightning, one brilliant Flash and it is gone.

5. The only time the world beats a path toYour door is if you're in the bathroom.

6. I hate sex in the movies. Tried it once. The seat folded up, the drink spilled and that ice, well, it really chilled the mood.

7. It used to be only death and taxes, Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.

8. A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.

9. My next house will have no kitchen - just vending machines and a large trash can.

10. Definition of a teenager? God's punishment ... for enjoying sex.

Thought for the day: Be who you are and say what you feel ... because those that matter... don't mind ... and those that mind ...don't matter!

And As You Slide Down that Banister of Life You Should Pray That All The Splinters Are Pointed The Other Way...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but however they go about it...if they resign cruz

then they still need a AAA pitcher...that can start at mlb lvl...also too hold down money concerns

then they still need a couple more AAA pitchers

that would make vogelbach,and ramirez at least..........tradable

those 100 rbi's will be hard to live without...by cruz

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which bottom-feeding team's gm will find a way to exploit the m's absolutely incompetent front office?

that is the question.

the m's have literally zero assets, and some other team's gm will STILL outwit trader jedi and the billionaire goon owners.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paul blackman..cubs,seattle===oakland
malix smith....atlanta,seattle===tampa bay

I’m not trying to be a dick but just saying your ideas, not even a single Mariners GM would entertain let alone some other GM actually giving a prospect up for a guy they could sign freely.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well....they have to stay competitive......or rebuild
i just dont think voggy can deliver..what is needed ..just yet..where cruz can

so in general..i would recommend that coarse

the longer they stay competitive at mlb lvl the longer they have ..to stack draft picks at the lower lvls
for when the eventual rebuild does happen

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but even if they keep voggy to replace cruz then sign a second tier starting pitcher

like eovaldi

which is the second choice..IMO..and maybe the better one....with cano back

they will still need to compete

and if voggy is not doing well it may send them looking for a dh

or grabing span off the bench..or gamel

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vogey needs to lay off the 2 double cheeseburgers, large order of fries and large chocolate shakes and drop about 30 or so pounds. :D

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • A clubhouse skirmish reportedly involving Jean Segura and Dee Gordon was the most overt sign of how the Mariners’ chemistry seemed to falter alongside the team’s middling record down the stretch, as Seattle faded out of contention. One of the team’s offseason priorities, TJ Cotterill of the Tacoma News Tribunewrites, will be to address whether or not changes need to be made to improve the team’s internal focus and culture. “I don’t know what comes first — the cart or the horse, winning and clubhouse chemistry, or losing and clubhouse strife,” GM Jerry Dipoto said, noting that some frustration and tension amongst teammates is natural when a team isn’t performing well.

Biggest bullshit I have read ad it is all DIPoto. He is deflected the fact that he put together a horrible roster. Baseball is the least chemistry drive sport of the big 4. There were Red Sox teams that hated each other with players not talking to each other for an entire season that won. I just hate this crap. You know what builds great 'chemistry'? Winning! You know what builds a winner? Talent! So Jerry, if you don't know where it starts start with talent and go from there.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • A clubhouse skirmish reportedly involving Jean Segura and Dee Gordon was the most overt sign of how the Mariners’ chemistry seemed to falter alongside the team’s middling record down the stretch, as Seattle faded out of contention. One of the team’s offseason priorities, TJ Cotterill of the Tacoma News Tribunewrites, will be to address whether or not changes need to be made to improve the team’s internal focus and culture. “I don’t know what comes first — the cart or the horse, winning and clubhouse chemistry, or losing and clubhouse strife,” GM Jerry Dipoto said, noting that some frustration and tension amongst teammates is natural when a team isn’t performing well.
Biggest bullshit I have read ad it is all DIPoto. He is deflected the fact that he put together a horrible roster. Baseball is the least chemistry drive sport of the big 4. There were Red Sox teams that hated each other with players not talking to each other for an entire season that won. I just hate this crap. You know what builds great 'chemistry'? Winning! You know what builds a winner? Talent! So Jerry, if you don't know where it starts start with talent and go from there.

Which Red Sox team are you referring to?

Their worst chemistry year was 2005 and 06 and they cleaned the decks after that.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dipoto needs to get a REAL manager on this team. Don't shit a shitter Jerry. You're responsible for what goes on and you're responsible for keeping your buddy Servais continuing to screw things up. If you can't figure that out, then your ass needs to go too!!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Red Sox team are you referring to?

Their worst chemistry year was 2005 and 06 and they cleaned the decks after that.

My bad. It was the 2002 Giants team that I was thinking of. I should have looked it up but got lazy. They ended up in the World Series despite having Bonds and Kent hating each other and fighting with each other. I read somewhere that they didn't even talk with each other...other than when they were fighting of course.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. It was the 2002 Giants team that I was thinking of. I should have looked it up but got lazy. They ended up in the World Series despite having Bonds and Kent hating each other and fighting with each other. I read somewhere that they didn't even talk with each other...other than when they were fighting of course.

Yeah, that was the two superstars.

Both guys had their supporters. But that team got hot. And Jason Schmidt transformed into an ace after the trade.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jason Schmidt transformed into an ace after the trade.

From my hometown and a guy I wanted the Mariners to get when he signed instead with the Giants.

2009 Yankees was the other team with Jeter and AFraud hating each other...or at least Jeter hating AFraud. AFraud hates no-one because he is politically correct...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my hometown and a guy I wanted the Mariners to get when he signed instead with the Giants.

2009 Yankees was the other team with Jeter and AFraud hating each other...or at least Jeter hating AFraud. AFraud hates no-one because he is politically correct...

That was a tabloid story.

Those guys hung out at Jeters apartment.

There’s a story about arod going back to jeters place after a game. Jeter is in the kitchen and arod goes to put something on tv. He’s looking for the west coast games.

Jeter tells him he doesn’t have those channels. He doesn’t watch baseball, he just plays it.

Love that story cause it shows how arod is a just a student of the game who loves it.