• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Mariners arm-chair GM offseason thread 2018-2019

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Mariners are in a "re-tooling" situation or whatever you want to call it, but how would people feel about this?

Seibu Lions To Post Yusei Kikuchi In Early December

He is 27 years old and someone who could be a contributor down the road. Although the Mariners aren't looking to spend much in free agency, this could be looked at as a long-term investment.

After trading Paxton and Zunino, the Mariners have a bit of payroll flexibility using last year's $171m opening day payroll as a benchmark.

Additionally, the Mariners will have $37m coming off of payroll with Felix and Nicasio's contracts expiring after the 2019 season. That doesn't even take into consideration if the Mariners move players like Dee Gordon, Mike Leake and Alex Colome.

Not taking arbitration into account (aside from Colome), if Dee Gordon, Mike Leake and Alex Colome are off the books by the end of the 2019 season, the Mariners will have an around $75m more just from shedding Gordon, Leake, Colome, Nicasio and Felix.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was not for a segura trade but i changed my mind

as long as they get pivetta and kingery...from phili

if he is not worth that...then what is the point of selling him off

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy is worth voggy to me....pirates 1st round..2013...toronto's #3 guy

Reese McGuire #70
  • C
  • B/T: L/R
  • 5' 11/215
mlb4cg.png

SummaryStatsChartsNewsAwardsSHOP
  • Reese Jackson McGuire
  • Born: 3/02/1995 in Seattle, WA........................
  • Draft: 2013, Pittsburgh Pirates, 1st rd.
  • High School: Kentwood Senior, Covington, WA....................
  • Debut: 9/06/2018

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Mariners are in a "re-tooling" situation or whatever you want to call it, but how would people feel about this?

Seibu Lions To Post Yusei Kikuchi In Early December

He is 27 years old and someone who could be a contributor down the road. Although the Mariners aren't looking to spend much in free agency, this could be looked at as a long-term investment.

After trading Paxton and Zunino, the Mariners have a bit of payroll flexibility using last year's $171m opening day payroll as a benchmark.

Additionally, the Mariners will have $37m coming off of payroll with Felix and Nicasio's contracts expiring after the 2019 season. That doesn't even take into consideration if the Mariners move players like Dee Gordon, Mike Leake and Alex Colome.

Not taking arbitration into account (aside from Colome), if Dee Gordon, Mike Leake and Alex Colome are off the books by the end of the 2019 season, the Mariners will have an around $75m more just from shedding Gordon, Leake, Colome, Nicasio and Felix.

Colome and Leake will be gone either by seasons beginning or the trade deadline. I don’t think you can trade Gordon unless it is with Segura (which makes zero sense) who in their right mind would trade anything of value for him as opposed to the comp pick they would get for him after he leaves. Gordon is Dyson but more expensive and that’s not color based it is the on field production and value.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they can make the right deal with segura=========must involve pinetta===can be a single ....suit of hearts for
the mariners

with a gravity rate of 2500.00

ahh fumble it ..browning

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colome and Leake will be gone either by seasons beginning or the trade deadline. I don’t think you can trade Gordon unless it is with Segura (which makes zero sense) who in their right mind would trade anything of value for him as opposed to the comp pick they would get for him after he leaves. Gordon is Dyson but more expensive and that’s not color based it is the on field production and value.

Remind me to respond to this when I'm sober. This Apple Cup has my blood pressure rising faster than my BAC.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me to respond to this when I'm sober. This Apple Cup has my blood pressure rising faster than my BAC.

Ya, fuck you...go Cougs. I hope you guys choke like the Mariners did after June

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, fuck you...go Cougs. I hope you guys choke like the Mariners did after June

I sent that before the Gaskin run and when WSU still had the ball. Still wouldn't count you guys out though. That's the reason my blood pressure is up.

You wish we choke like the Mariners? C'mon man, I wouldn't wish the Mariners situation on anyone.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sent that before the Gaskin run and when WSU still had the ball. Still wouldn't count you guys out though. That's the reason my blood pressure is up.

You wish we choke like the Mariners? C'mon man, I wouldn't wish the Mariners situation on anyone.

well .....at least the mariners are better off than baltimore..and texas for that matter

28-15... not much of a chance but there is time......they gota have two scores...wash st

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think mike leach red raider attack works as well in the cold...but i respect how he has rebuilt wash state program

mariners still not as bad as
detroit
K.C.
white sox

dawgs win...but both are going to bowls...that is a win as well

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batting average against spin groups in 2016
Below 2,100 -- .304
2,100-2,600 -- .267
Above 2,600 -- .197

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s Saturday morning but not to early to say again fuck you. Only thing I root for that has won shit is a moron who lives on Pennsylvania Avenue. But unlike the Malamutes I will still wear my Coug gear tomorrow as opposed to Huskies who will go straight to their Seahawks gear.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s Saturday morning but not to early to say again fuck you. Only thing I root for that has won shit is a moron who lives on Pennsylvania Avenue. But unlike the Malamutes I will still wear my Coug gear tomorrow as opposed to Huskies who will go straight to their Seahawks gear.

nothing wrong with that......and is expected....proudly representing

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
archie bunker...lol....pushing forward

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?????????
It's a Wonderful Life dude......It's a Wonderful Life...………...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seagers deal..is defence...phili could use that...and segura

No secret here. The Phillies are aiming high. As they should. According to Baseball-Reference.com, the Phillies had the worst group of position players in the majors with a collective 0.7 WAR. Much of that is due to some of the worst defense seen in the majors. FanGraphs didn't grade the defense quite so poorly and credited the position players with a collective 12.4 WAR -- 23rd in the majors. Bottom line: They need to upgrade at a couple positions.

Targets: See above. The Phillies will also have to find a taker for Carlos Santana in order to move Rhys Hoskins out of left field and back to first base. Santana draws walks (110 of them, producing a .352 OBP), but the entire profile isn't worth the $41 million he'll make the next two seasons. Starting pitcher isn't their main priority, but Charlie Morton is a possibility, as he's expressed a desire to be closer to his family in Delaware.

seems like a probable ...

but Charlie Morton......L/L is a possibility, as he's expressed a desire to be closer to his family in Delaware.

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why...why ..what...lol..a propasition

they had to hit a bank behind enemy lines

the mariners need to go to the...........playoffs...and world series

the phili's would like the same

Last edited: