• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official JIM CALDWELL/new staff thread

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that time when the Lions had to hire someone in a hurry?...

Yup because the superbowl was only weeks away, they had to get "their" man by jan 14th...after taking their time to fill the position......maybe we shouldve waited another month or so to fire schwartz....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the OC will be the eagles QB coach....never been an OC in the NFL i believe.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll like this hire a lot more when Suh resigns long term this off season. If not, then that is the nail in the coffin. We lose Suh and this team is fucked.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaves. You wouldn't want Linehan as a head coach. He is decent as an OC but HC? I wouldn't wish that cluster f-job even on my worst enemy. Well may be I might think about it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In end, Caldwell fit profile Lions set up. HC experience, offensive minded, communicator, works well with QBs.

Any one of us could look like a genius as a QB coach if Peyton Manning was the QB. The guy is a frickin' machine. His first full year as OC of the Ravens, they ranked in the bottom 5 in almost every offensive category. This is the offensive mind we have taking over as head coach (who wants to call all the plays too).

I will close by saying this. He road the coat tails of Dungy, who hand picked him as his predecessor. If the Colts truly felt that Caldwell was this great offensive mind, who developed QB's, there is exactly zero chance they would have fired him when they were going to draft Andrew Luck. They would have kept him as head coach so he could develop Andrew Luck.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we look to have landed a good offensive coordinator. His work with Foles was clearly top-notch, and hopefully this is an indication that we're going to mimic Chip Kelly's offense...

I just hope Lazor is calling the plays, not Caldwell...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we look to have landed a good offensive coordinator. His work with Foles was clearly top-notch, and hopefully this is an indication that we're going to mimic Chip Kelly's offense...

I just hope Lazor is calling the plays, not Caldwell...

Lazor was the QB coach. He had nothing to do with play calling in Philly or how the offense was run. That was all Chip Kelly.

Lazor has never been an OC in the NFL and only once in the past decade was he an OC and that was with Virginia in 2010. It also rumored that Caldwell wants to do all the play calling, which is why I am guessing he is hiring someone with zero experience in the NFL.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has worked for 6 teams since 2001. Longest was with the Redskins 04-07. Only with Kelly 1 year. Has never been a coordinator. I don't feel any more comfortable with this guy calling plays than I do Caldwell. Depressing hire.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, this has to be better than the Super Bowl for a lot of you sorry-ass mother-fuckers. You bitch and whine pretty much non-stop when things are going decent, so when shit hits the fan like this it's gotta be like Christmas for you, hey? "Realists"... lol

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could hire God Himself as our head coach, Jesus Christ as the OC and Allah to run the defense and a lot of you would still be right where you are now. Complaining. Like always.

I will say that I'm extremely glad that some of you are only a part of my life on the 'Hoop. Imagine the poor souls who have to live with you people 365 days per year...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anywho, as far as Lazor goes I'm pretty happy to have plucked Chip Kelly's QB coach. Foles just turned in a spectacular season and I'd expect Lazor to lean pretty heavily on what he learned in Philly this year.

I'm 100% ok with him running the offense...

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear, I think Tpaul works for the Lions. It all makes sense to me.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of a overreaction!

I'm not all jumping around about the hire but it might not be the end of the world like some of you are saying. Could they hqve done better? I'm not sure with whoever was left. Seems like the only guy we liked was Wiz which is kind of dumb considering the fact that we dont know shit about these guys. We all think we do, I guess. Its the stats and the records that we all go by that clouds our minds.

Word is, Tenn offered Wiz too much and gave him a lot of control. That would've been good and bad for the Lions. Plus, the Lions and most fans didnt want to see the 3-4 defense.

I see it like this: Everyone deserves a chance until they prove they cant do it. This is one of those "wait and see" things. Its kind of stupid to hire Bill Lazor as O-coordinator, but kind of interesting at the same time because he was with Philly and his abilities are unknown at this point. We dont know what type of scheme will be ran here and what the plan is. Its something to watch. Im sure I sure it will be a vertical passing attack of some sort. If we got a guy like Watkins in the draft, I wouldnt mind stealing a page from Philly's playbook

Same with this Austin guy for the defense. Maybe his defense wont be so damn vanilla and shit. Maybe he can get that weak ass secondary to play better. Okay, continue with the overreaction bull crap.

And whats kind of funny, some of you guys think Andrew Luck is a God of football and Caldwell helped bring him along. Lol

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Luck is a God of football, but obviously he and Caldwell didn't overlap... just sayin'...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's that, you have something negative to say? There's a shocker!

I'd think you of all people would be thrilled with this hire. What would you ever do if the Lions turned into a consistently good team and left you without anything to bitch about all day? You wouldn't know what the fuck to do with yourself...

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anywho, as far as Lazor goes I'm pretty happy to have plucked Chip Kelly's QB coach. Foles just turned in a spectacular season and I'd expect Lazor to lean pretty heavily on what he learned in Philly this year.

I'm 100% ok with him running the offense...

They could have gone eenie meenie miney moe and traded up at OC.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they appear to have done just that...

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want Caldwell either but he's now the coach so I'll be behind him until there are actually reasons to not be and if no one else will...

Welcome to the Detroit Lions, Jim Caldwell. Hopefully you are the guy that gets us that Superbowl. Good luck!!!!