• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official JIM CALDWELL/new staff thread

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions signed Alan Williams (former vikings DC) as DB coach.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin may not be experienced as a DC but they are putting experience behind him. Sheridan and now Williams have both been DC's and should be able to help him adjust.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell and his staff are not Rosa Parks they are professionals and understand without success they will be fired and the bar remains the same for him as it was for every other coach.

OK done with my rant as I have seen that jackass pipe off in the media once to often….sorry!

How can you be so sure that Caldwell isn't Rosa Parks?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
posted this on a different thread, but ill post it here too. I didnt like the caldwell hire at first. But day by day i'm starting to like it more and more. His press confrence was amazing, and the support staff that he is putting around stafford is what I like. The staff he is hiring are masters at what our weaknesses are ( if that makes any sense). The offensive coordinator was a QB Coach, and a good one at that. And the DC that he hired was a Secondary Coach, and from what i've read, a good one as well. Bill Sheridan is a very good LB coach as well.

Well hot damn he can throw together a good press conference. The only thing caldwell needs to do in detroit is make it clear that he is a disciplinarian. Otherwise, its over.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kool-Aid and cornbread is apparently alive and stronger then ever.....The team sucks but the optimist are still running amuck..I'm still only giving them till week 6 (6 games played).....At that point I'll adjust fire and aim it where it needs to be.

Its mindboggling isnt it? Every damn year, haha. I used to have that mindset as a child that the lions made the best decisions, had the best players, etc.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coordinators with experience will not have as long a learning curve as a guy with prior experience. So even a good young coach that has potential will have to learn. Detroit's timetable doesn't have a lot of learning and growing time.

I would have liked to have seen Kubiak get an offer or even Mike Malarkey. Since the Lions wanted to run the wide 9 again I would not have minded Gunther staying. The defense has shown steady progression. I don't think the defense was a scheme problem but a lack of talent problem. Levy steps up, Ansah shows he can play, Taylor and Young were solid, and Idonije was a good rotation guy. That does not even take the Jones injury into consideration. The DBs improve or get help I see the defense even better so Guns could have stayed. Austin could pan out but again he needs time, learn his players, learn the division. Time is the new 4 letter word in Allen Park

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a totally off-topic response to this thread headline:

2 months ago my wife calls me a work and tells me to check her Niece's Facebook profile. She has changed it to lovey-dovey pictures of her and a new guy whose name is......Reaction. A professional break-dancer. Who lives 1500 miles from where she lives. This new modern Romeo and Juliet coupling has not been broadcast to the family, but the jokes are already writing themselves in the back of my mind.

So, a month goes by and we see the family for Christmas. We've wrapped up a box of Claritin and wait. When she opens it she looks at us and says, "What's this?"

I gleefully say, "Oh, it's in case you have a Reaction."

After that laughter dies down, we start to ask the questions:

"Is that his first or last name?"
"Er, I don't know."
"Well what's the first name, then? Allergic? Chain? If it's a first name, what's the last name? Chamber?"

"If you have kids, can we suggest the first name Nuclear? Or better still, Nucular?"

The rest of the evening the word "Reaction" was used about 50 times as the answer to just about any question. My Nephew and I agreed that 'Nuke' was a really cool first name if they had a boy.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a totally off-topic response to this thread headline:

2 months ago my wife calls me a work and tells me to check her Niece's Facebook profile. She has changed it to lovey-dovey pictures of her and a new guy whose name is......Reaction. A professional break-dancer. Who lives 1500 miles from where she lives. This new modern Romeo and Juliet coupling has not been broadcast to the family, but the jokes are already writing themselves in the back of my mind.

So, a month goes by and we see the family for Christmas. We've wrapped up a box of Claritin and wait. When she opens it she looks at us and says, "What's this?"

I gleefully say, "Oh, it's in case you have a Reaction."

After that laughter dies down, we start to ask the questions:

"Is that his first or last name?"
"Er, I don't know."
"Well what's the first name, then? Allergic? Chain? If it's a first name, what's the last name? Chamber?"

"If you have kids, can we suggest the first name Nuclear? Or better still, Nucular?"

The rest of the evening the word "Reaction" was used about 50 times as the answer to just about any question. My Nephew and I agreed that 'Nuke' was a really cool first name if they had a boy.

:laugh3:.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi is devising the scheme. It will be based on the Saints offense.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should answer everyone's questions about the offense.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Rob Base, why do you continue to think that the team can just magically get a WR in the late rounds like a few teams have? LOL. I'm not buying it at all. Do you think that Lombardi will suggest that the team wait until round 5 or 6 to get a WR?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Rob Base, why do you continue to think that the team can just magically get a WR in the late rounds like a few teams have? LOL. I'm not buying it at all. Do you think that Lombardi will suggest that the team wait until round 5 or 6 to get a WR?

Looks more like 7th

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooter thinks Caldwell is a "calm, confident leader." But this thread is about Jim Bob.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone climbs into a strange womans bedroom at night and strips down and gets arrested at least once in there life....
I don't see anything wrong it.

Another nice hire by the Lions.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were lacking a sex offender. Lewand is a fucking genius. Wonder if they bothered to consult the Fords first?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people just never see the light at the end of the tunnel until they Hear WOOO WOOOO......That light is the Train and your on the tracks.......

Last edited by a moderator: