• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official JIM CALDWELL/new staff thread

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just the guy putting salt into 40 years (are we at 50 years now) of a mediocre less then mediocre football franchise with the same asshole running it.......There's one common deminator.......Till he and his brood goes and leaves the state and doesn't have the ability to text anyone from Allen Park from Russia or any other country, I'll be a bitter Lions fan.

They've given me no reason to think other wise in 40 years. Some of you guys are younger and I was the same guy through my teens, 20s, 30s and hell up to last year.....No more.......Trust me, it hurts less when you don't expect much and your right on predictions........Think about all the money that you could have made betting against them in the past 40 years.....Who needs wall street......We are slightly better then Cleveland and that makes me want to vomit.....Even as bad as Buffalo was they still went to the SB 4 years in row.......

I'll still watch them but don't expect many Horahh or Yeah! for us post's.......Those days are over, the second we do something good, it comes back and bites us in the ass in spades.

I'm an unlucky gambler. If I bet against the Lions I'd be a broke mutherfucker but we'd have championships!!!!

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you speaking for? You're far to practical to act as Kool Aid spokesman. (I think I acknowledged he played well at the beginning of the season, at the beginning of the season.)

I suppose I shouldn't have assumed that anyone else noticed what appeared to be obvious. It should have read that "I" acknowledged it.

I'd rather not be a spokesman.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all about promoting assistants from great franchises, to hell with experienced coordinators who got fired because they couldn't get it done- I want to find the next great offensive/defensive mind, which won't happen if we hire experienced re-treads...

So are you saying you hate the hiring of Jim Caldwell, who is a re-tread and was more than likely going to be fired as the offensive coordinator in Baltimore, until the Lions hired him?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? And again, if not Lombardi, then who? I get that experience is a good thing, but who is available that would be so much better?

I'm all about promoting assistants from great franchises, to hell with experienced coordinators who got fired because they couldn't get it done- I want to find the next great offensive/defensive mind, which won't happen if we hire experienced re-treads...

Does Caldwell fall in here by your standards?? He got hired for HC, so not sure he was getting canned.
He really did not get it done in Balmer, maybe we need to hope Lombardi does call plays.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? And again, if not Lombardi, then who? I get that experience is a good thing, but who is available that would be so much better?

I can't really name name's, other than Norv Turner, as it's impossible to know who would be available and who wouldn't. I'd think the OC position in an offense with the weapons of the Lions would be a very enticing job.

It is not as if people talk about Lombardi as the next great offensive mind and teams were lining up to hire him. He actually broke into the NFL as a defensive assistant, before moving over to the offensive side of the ball.

I don't see what the big deal is -- I love the teryl austin hire as the DC. I just don't agree with the Lombardi hire, unless Caldwell is calling the plays.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really did not get it done in Balmer,
He took over the play calling near the end of the regular season and into the playoffs in '12 and helped lead the SB run. He had some things go against him this year, but he def got it done in '12

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAMNIT... I need to scroll through before I post. People don't do good with redundantcy here.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id go with weekly. If not daily. (Jiffy Shortage in the coming months)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took over the play calling near the end of the regular season and into the playoffs in '12 and helped lead the SB run. He had some things go against him this year, but he def got it done in '12

I was rehashing some feelings from on here. Read many times that he was 29th rank OC this year. Not really concerned with ranks always. Colts had worst run defense and low ranked overall and suddenly stuffed people to a SB. Not always what they seem???

Not sure if you remember me agreeing somewhere with you that he had a different team in "13"...Boldin and such yadda yadda.

Also I like asking TP questions... gets fun sometimes!!

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the Lions didn't need "known" coordinators to fill these positions. This team is still looking for an identity and a chqnge of culture and imo, has-beens aren't ideal for that. Out of 32 teams, with tons of assistant coaches, I'd like to think there's tons of guys that are ready to make a jump up. Who knows what type of opportunities Lombardi has had before this, regardless of what we hear. When reading about Lombardi, several things stood out to me: They spoke of his football IQ, his ability to game plan and retain information that he's seen from other teams.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha.... I just realized what 68 was tallinbough...... Up here in the frozen wasteland "Jiffy" is cornbread mix. (I'm working on a Reese's Pancake recipe the last couple weeks. Two mini Chocalate chips pancakes with Peanut butter in between. It's good stuff.) I haven't eaten any cornbread since October. (Id recommend others lay off it as well.)

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lil bowl.... wait, focus 68, focus...wrong bowl... a lil bowl and milk and sugar makes for dang good vittles.

Maybe if I was starving to death...and there weren't any bugs, worms, or caterpillars handy.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha.... I just realized what 68 was tallinbough...... Up here in the frozen wasteland "Jiffy" is cornbread mix. (I'm working on a Reese's Pancake recipe the last couple weeks. Two mini Chocalate chips pancakes with Peanut butter in between. It's good stuff.) I haven't eaten any cornbread since October. (Id recommend others lay off it as well.)

Well I'll be damned. Cornbread mix. What will they think of next?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am tired of reading about updates from the Fritz Pollard diversity and politically correct minority enforcement wing of some dumb ass foundation.

I do not give a fuck if Caldwell is white, yellow, brown, or black he is hired to win football games. And his coaching staff is an extension of that same philosophy.

If he can't win he will be fired because he couldn't get this team over the hump. Not because he is black. And I sure hope that traveling circus doesn't ever come to Detroit. I saw the same bullshit when Willingham could not get it done at Notre Dame, When Art Shell was let go in KC, and last year when Lovie Smith got booted.

As Lions fans we just want a winner. So we may not like the hire, we may not have liked the process, but we all want the Lions to win and no matter what we think today, we want Caldwell to prove the naysayers, me included, that they were wrong.

Caldwell and his staff are not Rosa Parks they are professionals and understand without success they will be fired and the bar remains the same for him as it was for every other coach.

OK done with my rant as I have seen that jackass pipe off in the media once to often….sorry!

I don't get it. Where's the outrage over naming the poor bastard Fritz?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(I'm working on a Reese's Pancake recipe the last couple weeks. Two mini Chocalate chips pancakes with Peanut butter in between. It's good stuff.)

Is syrup still involved? I mean, if I can't raise my sugar to diabetic coma levels. Not worth it! This could very well replace avacado as a super food.