• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official JIM CALDWELL/new staff thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well bring in Mike Tyson as strength and conditioning coach, cut Kellen Moore and Shaun Hill then bring in Mike Vick as a the back-up QB and while Mayhew is at it go find OT Johnny Culbreath (discarded a blunt in a hotel hallway trashcan while on video-cam, after neighbors complained of the smell of weed permeating) and don't forget to sign Aaron Berry. Can we get Hernandez out of prison while we're at it ?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I know much about the man though

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad do you have to hate your kids guts to name him Jim Bob Cooter.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ol' Jim Bob's got nuthin' on Billy Bob.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's never been a QB coach.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DoH_Cooter.jpg

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it the team, or the O scheme that was the root of the Lions ineptitude on that side of the line? I was not on the fire Linehan side of things a few years back because I thought the O line needed help. The play calling may have been suspect, but I didn't think that was proven.

Last year, the O squad was great and the coaching limitations came to light. The first time Calvin wasn't there, the team tanked and I place that mostly on the coaching staff. You work with what you have. One person on last years O squad should not have caused a complete and utter collapse in confidence when they were unable to take the field.

Lombardi has a fine reputation. I don't care what round they draft a receiver or for that matter if they draft a receiver. Could go FA or UDFA, as long as the team is improved. The vast majority of the pieces are in place, now the field leader and new general need to do their parts.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was a joke on the radio when I heard them announce this. I would punch my parents in the face if my name was Jim Bob Cooter.

Interesting hire by Detroit, can't say I know anything about the guy, other than the fact he seems to enjoy his alcohol and he has some serious game with the ladies. I'm going to have to try that move of his -- never thought of sneaking into a window and stripping down in the middle of the night in a stranger's bed.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We getting close to hiring more guys named Jim than we sign ex-Jags players.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering what he had been doing since the Dukes of Hazzard ended. Any idea if Boss Hogg has been offered a position?

Lombardi and Cooter it looks like will be working with the QBs. I wonder if Detroit lets Hill walk and drafts a mid to late round guy to compete with Moore?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well bring in Mike Tyson as strength and conditioning coach, cut Kellen Moore and Shaun Hill then bring in Mike Vick as a the back-up QB and while Mayhew is at it go find OT Johnny Culbreath (discarded a blunt in a hotel hallway trashcan while on video-cam, after neighbors complained of the smell of weed permeating) and don't forget to sign Aaron Berry. Can we get Hernandez out of prison while we're at it ?

Mark mcgwire is probably also available.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi and Cooter it looks like will be working with the QBs. I wonder if Detroit lets Hill walk and drafts a mid to late round guy to compete with Moore?

How far do Murray or Mettinberger fall due to injury?? Maybe be had in the 4th. Still some talent available in 4th this year so not sure you grab backup or grab more talent to possibly contribute next season.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far do Murray or Mettinberger fall due to injury?? Maybe be had in the 4th. Still some talent available in 4th this year so not sure you grab backup or grab more talent to possibly contribute next season.

Gandy, I actually grabbed Murray in the 4th of the mock draft we did on the main NFL board. He played 4 yrs in the same system as Stafford and against arguably the nation's top defenses. I would love to be able to grab him as our backup. Won't cost much and I'm sure those two Georgia alums will only help each get better.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been almost 3 months since the Lions hired Caldwell. At first I absolutely hated the signing. Then I watched him kill his press conference. He stated everything perfectly, listed what he intended on doing, and how he intended on doing it. He told us what team we would see on the field and exactly how they would play. I understand that it was his opening press conference, and he's suppose to say encouraging things like that, but I really got a sense that this guy knows what he's doing. Then came hiring a staff. The two coordinators he hired are experts in the fields that the Lions had trouble in. Lombardi, a former QB coach with the saints (Drew Brees), was brought in to work with stafford and his mechanics. Austin is a DB coach and a very good one at that who was brought in to work on our weakness on defense, our secondary. He has coached on 3 different NFL teams, and has gone to the superbowl with all 3. Not to mention working with Lloyd Carr at michigan and Urban Meyer at florida. The coaches that the players loved from the old regime are back, such as Jerimiah Washburn. The way that this team is going about free agency is pretty sweet too. Looking for the perfect fits, and not splurging on the overpriced players (many would disagree with this).

I don't know why I'm writing this, I guess its just to say that I approve of Jim Caldwell now lolol. Too much kool aid and cornbread for me