• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL: Free Agency Opening Day(s) thread....

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that. The Islanders have to spend something like 8 million just to reach the cap floor. Garth tried to sign Hamhuis, Martin & others. They want to win now. They don't want to be a part of a rebuilding team. I look forward to the future when guys like Tavares, Petrov, Niederreiter, Kabanov, Nelson & others are terrorizing the NHL. When it happens & I believe it will UFA's will be begging to play for the Islanders.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect a similar season to the one the Islanders had last year. They'll be in the playoff race until Christmas. Then fall out of it near the trade deadline & end up in the lottery. My guess is the Islanders will be picking somewhere between 8 & 12. Improvement but, not good enough. I doubt any of the players taken in this years draft make the opening night roster. Niederreiter & Kabanov have a chance but, they're only 17. No need to rush them.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that. The Islanders have to spend something like 8 million just to reach the cap floor. Garth tried to sign Hamhuis, Martin & others. They want to win now. They don't want to be a part of a rebuilding team. I look forward to the future when guys like Tavares, Petrov, Niederreiter, Kabanov, Nelson & others are terrorizing the NHL. When it happens & I believe it will UFA's will be begging to play for the Islanders.

Excellent post....it wasn't so long ago that the Pens were in the same boat....the Islanders are a proud and storied franchise...it will turn around...but then again...my Pittsburgh Pirates were once a proud and storied franchise...nevermind ;)

CatScrap

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Catscrap, I hope you saved some empty wall to bang your head against. Kubina to the Boltz

Yeah, I saw that about an hour ago...
I'm gonna go drown myself. He was the last solid d-man left wasn't he? What are they gonna do now? Unless they are trying to save cap space to attempt to sign Kovy I have no idea what their strategy is....

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey has free angency started yet?
Kings have done nothing.
They said they would go hard after Kovy and get a solid Dman.
All's quiet on the Western Front.
Rumor is Kovy wanted 12 years 120 mil. Kings don't "feel comfortable" with that.
Will we even resign our guys from last year that no one wants?

CatScrap

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey has free angency started yet?
Kings have done nothing.
They said they would go hard after Kovy and get a solid Dman.
All's quiet on the Western Front.
Rumor is Kovy wanted 12 years 120 mil. Kings don't "feel comfortable" with that.
Will we even resign our guys from last year that no one wants?

Nobody is gonna sign him to that kind of stupid money. He's no Ovechkin.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easy pick up for the Isles to get them near the cap floor.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Higgins has signed with Florida (1 year, 1.6 million). Good luck Chris, hope you've recovered from your injury.

I cAnT wAtCh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Chris Higgins has signed with Florida (1 year, 1.6 million). Good luck Chris, hope you've recovered from your injury.

Good special teams player, potential to score 20 goals if things go well, and most importantly a cheap 1 year deal. Solid signing. Unlike past GM's, Tallon isn't giving average players multi-year deals. Awesome.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs have re-signed Nikolai Kulemin - 2 years - 4.7 million total.

That Boston draft pick is looking better and better all the time...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers have signed big bad Steve MacIntyre (1 year contract) - Mr. MacIntyre, meet Mr. Ivanans

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good special teams player, potential to score 20 goals if things go well, and most importantly a cheap 1 year deal. Solid signing. Unlike past GM's, Tallon isn't giving average players multi-year deals. Awesome.

Yeah, I wasn't being facetious, I like what Higgins brings and hope he does well in Florida.