• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Chicago Bears 2019 Free Agency Thread

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I asked for the link, knowing full-well it was me you were referring to, just so I could specifically point out, what an incredible faggot you were being.

I mean my god, get of your cross, we need the wood, bud.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I just heard on nfl network (it's on in the background) that the skins offered him more, but he liked chicago more, or something along those lines

He wanted to play with Eddie Jackson. Former Bama teammates.

This way, he also gets to boost his value playing behind an elite front seven and hit the open market in a less crowded safety pool next year. It's a short term loss and a gamble... but he could wind-up striking it huge.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wanted to play with Eddie Jackson. Former Bama teammates.

This way, he also gets to boost his value playing behind an elite front seven and hit the open market in a less crowded safety pool next year. It's a short term loss and a gamble... but he could wind-up striking it huge.
I dont feel that they compliment each other that well. Both are at their best when playing centerfield rather than being in the box.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, I asked for the link, knowing full-well it was me you were referring to, just so I could specifically point out, what an incredible faggot you were being.

I mean my god, get of your cross, we need the wood, bud.
Yours was rather tame compared to some of the stuff i've seen on twitter but ive never understood wishing harm on a player for switching teams. I stopped liking Favre but never wished harm on him. With that said, you might have been speaking in jest but there are many idiots who arent and not just related to Amos.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont feel that they compliment each other that well. Both are at their best when playing centerfield rather than being in the box.

Interesting... I see nothing to support that statement. Dix has been one of the leading tacklers on his team every season. Has had two 100+ tackle seasons. 3 of his 5 with 80 solo tackles. He also had his highest grading season last year at the SS position.

Even so... your implication wouldn't make them poor compliments in our scheme. Quite the contrary, in fact. As our safeties are almost always in deep halves.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yours was rather tame compared to some of the stuff i've seen on twitter but ive never understood wishing harm on a player for switching teams. I stopped liking Favre but never wished harm on him. With that said, you might have been speaking in jest but there are many idiots who arent and not just related to Amos.

He was joking... for the love of god. Drop this already

With that said, you might have been speaking in jest but there are many idiots who arent

Okay, so... what does that have to do with him? Good golly man

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting... I see nothing to support that statement. Dix has been one of the leading tacklers on his team every season. Has had two 100+ tackle seasons. 3 of his 5 with 80 solo tackles. He also had his highest grading season last year at the SS position.

Even so... your implication wouldn't make them poor compliments in our scheme. Quite the contrary, in fact. As our safeties are almost always in deep halves.
Dix normally would make the tackle however after taking a poor angle and giving up additional yardage.

Although who knows, playing his an old friend could help him. He isnt a trash player he just struggles to stay focused on his role and drifts

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dix normally would make the tackle however after taking a poor angle and giving up additional yardage.

Yeah, this just sounds like a cop out. No offense

You don't make 100 tackles, with 83 solo and have 3 sacks in a single season because you simply "took a lot of bad angles"

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't make 100 tackles, with 83 solo and have 3 sacks in a single season because you simply "took a lot of bad angles"
watch the tape

He flashes alot however he flashes good and bad

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Watch at the 1 minute mark how he doesn’t attack the RB when there aren’t any cutback lanes

2. The very next play has a chance to rock the WR and try to dislodge the ball and doesn’t

3. Watch at 1:48 and see the awful angle

4. Watch at 3:10 – ATTACK THE RUNNER

I just think he isnt really interested in contact which makes playing safety vert difficult.

I do think Capers screwed him in 17. Had him playing so deep because of the fear of the big play he couldnt really do anything. His first two seasons he played with Morgan Burnett and Micah Hyde.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is the worst place on the internet. It encourages people to be the worst version of themselves.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is the worst place on the internet. It encourages people to be the worst version of themselves.
I agree with this completely. The anonymity people get from social media encourages them to say many foul things.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited for the Clinton-Dix signing. I'm not expecting him to be a world beater but he is more of a playmaker than Amos is/was. We don't ask our safeties to play up in the box much and stopping the run isn't a big problem. Having a couple guys back there in Clinton-Dix and Jackson who can really cause problems for opposing passers is a nice thought. At $3.5 mil too, the price is right.

Would be nice to see Pace nab a couple more veterans that can serve as some quality depth. I wouldn't say Larson qualifies as that as he's basically replacing Eric Kush. Another vet backup on the line might not be a bad idea considering Kyle Long is still here. Would love to see a guy like Justin Houston signed to replace Aaron Lynch if he'll come at a reasonable price, Beyond that there's not many other places we really need to address: maybe backup cornerback since Amukamara is known to get dinged up.

I'm eager to see what happens with Howard as well. Nabbing a 4th round pick for him would be cool, allowing Pace to grab another young guy to develop. With Davis on board and Cohen getting plenty of snaps regardless, a Kareem Hunt style back in the 4th round could round out a nice rotation and take over as the primary back as early as this upcoming season. Considering how we don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick, running back is the prime position you can get a starter in the 3rd and beyond and get that immediate impact. It would help make up for the lack of immediate impact coming from 1st and 2nd rounds.

Regarding Patterson: i think anything we get from him offensively is just gravy. More than anything, i think we paid him for his special teams prowess and maybe the possibility of using him as a gadget player. Regarding wide receiver, we "lost" Kevin White and Josh Bellamy, but i think that void is going to be filled by Javon Wims who's been awfully studly in his limited chances. To put it another way, i'd much rather have Wims out there in 4 WR sets than White, Bellamy or Patterson and i wouldn't be surprised at all if the coaching staff feels the same way.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept wondering if you guys would just take anything for him because Cohen is good and the signings of Patterson and Davis.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm eager to see what happens with Howard as well. Nabbing a 4th round pick for him would be cool, allowing Pace to grab another young guy to develop. With Davis on board and Cohen getting plenty of snaps regardless, a Kareem Hunt style back in the 4th round could round out a nice rotation and take over as the primary back as early as this upcoming season. Considering how we don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick, running back is the prime position you can get a starter in the 3rd and beyond and get that immediate impact. It would help make up for the lack of immediate impact coming from 1st and 2nd rounds.

Regarding Patterson: i think anything we get from him offensively is just gravy. More than anything, i think we paid him for his special teams prowess and maybe the possibility of using him as a gadget player. Regarding wide receiver, we "lost" Kevin White and Josh Bellamy, but i think that void is going to be filled by Javon Wims who's been awfully studly in his limited chances. To put it another way, i'd much rather have Wims out there in 4 WR sets than White, Bellamy or Patterson and i wouldn't be surprised at all if the coaching staff feels the same way.

I liked everything you said, but highlighted your last two paragraphs for further discussion. I'm as baffled as anyone when it comes to the Howard situation. Based on the signing of Davis and all the scuttlebut in the rags regarding Howard as trade bait, it puts the guy in a bad situation. Pace is normally pretty good at handling the PR portion of how he goes about his business, but I think this has not been one of his more shining moments. Either trade the guy and get what you can in return or declare that he will be a Bear for this upcoming season, don't leave him (and us for that matter) dangling. Enough already.

As far as us signing Patterson, I'm probably as stoked as anyone on this board, maybe more so. I envision him playing a bigger role overall than most. Yes, he will be our prime KR, but I see him as a gadget player to the Nth degree when it comes to working him into the offense. The thought of him and Cohen out there at the same time on a number of plays should give defenses fits. And as much as I felt that Bellamy had his best season last year as a Bear, Wims will more than make up for his departure, at least from scrimmage if not on STs. I truly feel this kid is a stud in the making.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I missed the Dix signing, but that is BY FAR the best signing of free agency (so far). 1 year prove it deals are always great, and $3.5M!? NFL teams have been overpaying safeties all offseason (not sure where it came from, as last year no NFL teams seemed to care) and Dix may not be the BEST safety that was available, but he's definitely in the same tier of what I'd consider high quality/elite safeties.

This is a ridiculous steal and an A+ grade all the way. He's clearly looking for a mega contract and the Bears defense will give him the best support possible, but for now, I can't imagine another contract topping this unless someone signs Houston/Ansah/Suh for a 1 year $2M contract (which is not happening).

I would've given my right nu-... well okay. I would've allowed someone to kick me in the right nut, if Seattle could've signed him for that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all the offseason deals made thus far by Pace, overall I still like the Patterson deal the most, but I agree with Shark here in that based on a dollar value, Dix is a virtual steal.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears signed Atlanta WR Marvin Hall. They also resigned Nick Williams.