• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Broncos News/Rumors Thread

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful what you wish for?

Sorry I am not wishing for 4-6 win season. I am willing to take a gamble on the next guy as the floor is pretty low right now in Denver Broncos football world.

Love John Elway the player, love that he helped bring us a championship as a GM, but that was 5 seasons ago and we aren't getting any better. Enough is enough. This is surely a business, and we are losing.

If it wasn't for Peyton Manning and his ability to have others players to play around him Elway would probably be gone by now as we would have had crap after crap after crap at QB here.

You gotta give Elway credit for building that team, but that was 5 years ago... Time to move on from that. We are cruddy as the scum on the bottom of LGM's boot right now after he leaves a cattle yard. I love looking back at the Super Bowls, but we need to move forward also with winning games again.

To be honest Im open for change as well I just hope we get it correct.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nothing on the playing field that dispelled my fears of Manning choking in the big game ..

This one cracks me up... We are talking about a QB who put us in big games to choke oppose to QB's who can't win against crappy teams at home...

Every big time QB loses/chokes in big games... When you play in big game after big game the chances are largely high that you are going to look back at a QB's career and say their team choked in big games. Tom Brady has choked in big games, John Elway has choked in big games. What great QB hasn't lost a heart breaker/choking in big games?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAs signed while Manning was here
TJ Ward
Emanuel Sanders
Aquib Talib
Demarcus Ware

after Manning left:
Donald Stephenson
Ron Leary
Menelik Watson
Zach Kerr
JaWaun James
Jared Veldheer
Case Keenum

One of these lists is different than the other. As a Manning apologist, i don’t apologize for his presence influencing other players wanting to join up with him.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, keep going higher. Until there is a change with ownership and a true leader - I’m hugely pessimistic of the future. Once that changes, then the other positions will get in alignment.

Agree 100%

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen this.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one cracks me up... We are talking about a QB who put us in big games to choke oppose to QB's who can't win against crappy teams at home...

Every big time QB loses/chokes in big games... When you play in big game after big game the chances are largely high that you are going to look back at a QB's career and say their team choked in big games. Tom Brady has choked in big games, John Elway has choked in big games. What great QB hasn't lost a heart breaker/choking in big games?

I'm sure you weren;t laughing when we couldn;t even get into field goal position in two overtime periods, at home, in the playoffs ... Or two years later vs the Seahawks ..

How many National Championships did Peyton Manning win in Tenn, and what happened to Tenn after he left ??

I don;t think you need me to explain how John Elway and Peyton Manning were completely different QBs

John Elway was the perfect QB for a team playing in Denver, before the onslaught of climate controlled domed stadiums -- he could travel to Cleveland in January and carry a team, get his uniform dirty - his game was physical, his arm strength, his mobility, etc

Do you agree that, in general terms, Peyton Manning's success had much to do with his preparation, his studying and attention to detail - the cerebral aspect ??

We could debate this forever ... But you cannot tell me that the "choke" albatross that hangs on Manning is a complete and total shock to you ... If you don;t agree, fine, but Peyton Manning got rattled and thrown off his game very differently than other great QBs ...

Once you started to get him off his perfectionist, studied game, he would fall apart, and he didn;t have the physicality to fall back on ...

He's retired and that's that ... He had a tremendous career, but if I'm a picking a QB for my team, it's not going to be Peyton Manning ..

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
double post
img]

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know you are a Manning hater, meanwhile I’m an ElwayasGM hater, so we’ll never see eye to eye on this topic. I’m absolutely positive the reason Elway was able to put that D together was...you guessed it...Manning. Why did Talib, Ware, Sanders, etc line up to sign with the Broncos? It wasn’t to play with Tebow as the QB.

Broncos with Manning in 4 years - 50-14 regular season. Never finished worse than first in AFC W.
Broncos into 4th year minus Manning - 22-34 regular season. Never finished higher than 3rd in AFCW.

And as far as I can tell from observing the NFL, this is a cut throat win now league. And that’s not happening in Denver - and I don’t see a trajectory that indicates a change anytime soon.

And yet you guessed we are 4th in the NFL again this year lighten up Frances Elway has a clue.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also SS you left out key player Elway Drafted. Jackson late-round gem

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you guessed we are 4th in the NFL again this year lighten up Frances Elway has a clue.
about what I don’t know

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If what I am saying about Manning is a complete shock, you guys have been living under rocks

Remember this one ?? .. not mine ..

I guess this type of discussion is what happens when the team is 2-6

My point was to defend John Elway, and point of THE FACTS that Manning was not his only smart acquisition

You wanna keep going w/ this, fine by me .... But I have the feeling that it's become more
personal that factual ..

Anyone ever give consideration to the notion that it COULD HAVE BEEN John Elway's presence that attracted the FAs at that time ??

I mean, who was it that convinced Manning to sign ??

And it was John Elway's decision NOT to go with Dumervil, Rogers Cromarite, Jared Allen, etc ..

peyton-manning-choke.jpg

img]

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we really should. He is out 4-6 weeks. We aren't a playoff team and he like every Elway QB outside Peyton Manning has played like dog urine and cat turds... Place him on IR... Let Allen start, then when Lock is ready we have to see what we have in him the rest of the year.

Justin Herbert this year, Trevor Lawrence next year... Lets just collect all the QB's we can at some point we have to hit on one. ;)

What is Zac Dysert doing nowadays?

And that is how you need to be to get something worth having. People act like HOF QB's grow on trees. Since Elway Retired who has Won all the SB's no shit I have seen the list and I shook my head. thinking about all the shit Elway gets for not getting a QB when he has only taken one in the first round and that was at what 12th pick?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about what I don’t know
So you are saying our D sucks? It has been a weird road but the actual players starting right now are good enough to win an SB with.

You add in Callahan and Chubb we are now in a place you win SB's with.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Harvard ( ? ) study on Manning's perceived penchant for failing in big games

As I said, I don;t dislike the person ... But a cerebral QB who gets the rep for choking when it counts is setting himself up for risk when playing meaningful games in Denver in Jan

9 one and dones

There's a little something more when people start doing studies about you

Breaking Down Peyton Manning’s Playoff Woes

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmanuel Sanders killed it with Peyton Manning. Couldnt do anything with the crud QB’s we have had since then. Nowkilling it again with a real QB. Enough said.

I guess if Hall of Famer Peyton Manning sucks so bad why did the great GM John Elway sign him?
This is just silly talk.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor - John Elway will come out of retirement and play QB for the 2020 Denver Broncos - settling the QB question once and for all.