• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Broncos News/Rumors Thread

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver Broncos Fangio said with Lock "We feel looking at the schedule and the IR rules, we feel it's best to delay that a bit. ...I don't have the sense of urgency bc this guy hasn't done anything since early in camp. That includes practice. He needs practice. We have a plan." Denver7
Hey FO
He hasn’t practiced because you thought booker was more valuable to have on the bench then the QB they traded up for. Dump booker and bring up Mohamed in a pinch. It was not that hard to come up with a plan for the team and for Lock. We’re talking 53rd guy

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want him not to be hurried if they think he is not ready. This is weird but I get it Elway wants this kid not to be labeled a bust.

DC I have seen Stinky ramble on Bolles ... What I believe is Elway is giving him the rest of the season it's not like we have anyone better at this time so Stinky is being just a tad blusterous..We hire the best OL coach to develop players for a reason.

At this point, we will see if we are Drafting an LT next year with our first pick.

Personally I am still pulling for him.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mike Schlereth , but he is absolutely off base in saying that Peyton Manning is the only good decision Elway ever made ..

With Manning, we get blown out in quite possibly the most embarrassing SB loss ever ..

So Elway gets DeMarcus Ware, TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, has Malik Jackson and Chris Harris Jr, and along with Elway draftees Von Miller, Danny Trevathan, and the hiring of Wade, Elway corrected a huge issue and made this team into a hardnosed defensive force ..

We won that SB with what, 190 yds of offense ?? .. As Schlereth calls him "The Unicorn" had 140 yards passing, 0 TD and a crucial INT ..

John Elway's "mess" won that game

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 104 website

Virtually Ready

Both Rypien and Lock are using the virtual reality tools at the Broncos facility to learn the offense. It’s a step in the right direction for a team that has been slow to utilize new technology in the past. Using virtual reality, quarterbacks can make decisions and be tested against different coverages without the risk of bodily injury.

Being sound on the VR headset doesn’t automatically mean you’ll have success on the football field. Remember when former Jets quarterback Bryce Petty said that he could read defenses because he played a lot of “Madden” in his spare time? Well, this is more involved than picking up an XBox controller – and by the way, both Rypien and Lock are way better prospects than Petty ever was.

The virtual reality system has helped both Rypien and Lock to this point. It’s something they should both use going forward if they’re healthy or not.

“With the VR stuff, it’s for the defenses that we’re going to see that week and we’re running our plays. Just practicing calling the plays in the huddle and going through the process of what you’re doing pre-snap and then kind of making sure that you’re good on the reads and everything like that,” Rypien said.

The practice time in running the scout team and the use of virtual reality should help Rypien who could be one play away from throwing passes for the Broncos in Week 9. By the way, for those (like me) wanting to see Lock ASAP – he needs to get better at reading the middle of the field when using VR. Sources tell me that is a spot in his game that needs cleaned up in the virtual and real world.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mike Schlereth , but he is absolutely off base in saying that Peyton Manning is the only good decision Elway ever made ..

With Manning, we get blown out in quite possibly the most embarrassing SB loss ever ..

So Elway gets DeMarcus Ware, TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, has Malik Jackson and Chris Harris Jr, and along with Elway draftees Von Miller, Danny Trevathan, and the hiring of Wade, Elway corrected a huge issue and made this team into a hardnosed defensive force ..

We won that SB with what, 190 yds of offense ?? .. As Schlereth calls him "The Unicorn" had 140 yards passing, 0 TD and a crucial INT ..

And I would add Elway just keeps making killer decisions with the defense we are 4th in the NFL for a reason.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think judging Elway depends on what you want to judge him on.
Wins: It has been and then down. Up early with Peyton and the two Super Bowl appearances.

Offense: This has been a dumpster fire outside of Manning. There is hope however with the likes of Sutton, Freeman, Risner, Fant, and Lock.

Defense: This has been great. The defense wasn’t that good when Elway arrived but the defense has been the star since Elway arrived.

Coaching Hires: Up, down, and we will see. Hiring Kubiak was great for the team and got them over the hump. The team was on it’s way down at the end of Kubiak’s time as Head Coach. Enter Vance Joseph who made a great defense average and the offense we to inept. Now Fangio, the jury is still out and he should get 2 years to figure it out. The offense is still bad under first year Offensive Coordinator Rich Scangarello, but there have been flashes of improvement. In hindsight we probably should have had an experienced Offensive Coordinator but this might payoff better in the long run.

Draft: It was pretty bad early with some bright spots sprinkled I . Early on Elway went into the draft and would reach at way too many picks. The last 2 drafts are better and should pay dividends if that type of drafting continues.

Free Agents: Good early and then horrible. A lot of the good early was due to Payton being on the team. Since has been less then stellar. Keenum (this is the past coaching staffs fault but Elway signed him), James, Callahan, and I am sure there are others.

So overall Elway’s time equals out to ehh so far. He is not done yet so we must wait until he steps away or is fired plus a year or two before we give the final judgement.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next week may be the perfect time to activate his clock. He gets a full week where the can sprinkle in his reps with the first team and scout team. Also he has until the Buffalo game to be brought off IR. Then the Broncos have to make a decision. Whose roster spot does he take? Rypien? Well what if he is not ready to be the 2? Maybe it is Gotsis, as he has been a healthy scratch for weeks now. Either way it will be interesting when the move happens.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to start a rookie QB who hasn't practiced since the PS... I feel you have to active Rypein who knows the offense and has been practicing. Then Lock can return when ready. I don't see Gotsis being cut. Probably cut someone like Calvin Anderson who can go right back on the PS. Right now Rypein would take Nelson's IR spot so don't even have to make that move this week in terms of cutting someone. Jonathan Harris took Emmanuel's roster spot last week. A QB should take Nelson's spot this week (likely Rypein) then when Lock comes up probably put Rypein back on the PS... To activate Tim Patrick we probably cut a guy like Calvin Anderson or Jonathon Harris and put them on the PS... My guess is Anderson. Or we could prefer to cut Jake Rodgers over Calvin Anderson.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We know you are a Manning hater, meanwhile I’m an ElwayasGM hater, so we’ll never see eye to eye on this topic. I’m absolutely positive the reason Elway was able to put that D together was...you guessed it...Manning. Why did Talib, Ware, Sanders, etc line up to sign with the Broncos? It wasn’t to play with Tebow as the QB.

Broncos with Manning in 4 years - 50-14 regular season. Never finished worse than first in AFC W.
Broncos into 4th year minus Manning - 22-34 regular season. Never finished higher than 3rd in AFCW.

And as far as I can tell from observing the NFL, this is a cut throat win now league. And that’s not happening in Denver - and I don’t see a trajectory that indicates a change anytime soon.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know you are a Manning hater, meanwhile I’m an ElwayasGM hater, so we’ll never see eye to eye on this topic. I’m absolutely positive the reason Elway was able to put that D together was...you guessed it...Manning. Why did Talib, Ware, Sanders, etc line up to sign with the Broncos? It wasn’t to play with Tebow as the QB.

Broncos with Manning in 4 years - 50-14 regular season. Never finished worse than first in AFC W.
Broncos into 4th year minus Manning - 22-34 regular season. Never finished higher than 3rd in AFCW.

And as far as I can tell from observing the NFL, this is a cut throat win now league. And that’s not happening in Denver - and I don’t see a trajectory that indicates a change anytime soon.

He is really gonna hate it when Manning becomes our next GM. ;)

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to start a rookie QB who hasn't practiced since the PS... I feel you have to active Rypein who knows the offense and has been practicing. Then Lock can return when ready. I don't see Gotsis being cut. Probably cut someone like Calvin Anderson who can go right back on the PS. Right now Rypein would take Nelson's IR spot so don't even have to make that move this week in terms of cutting someone. Jonathan Harris took Emmanuel's roster spot last week. A QB should take Nelson's spot this week (likely Rypein) then when Lock comes up probably put Rypein back on the PS... To activate Tim Patrick we probably cut a guy like Calvin Anderson or Jonathon Harris and put them on the PS... My guess is Anderson. Or we could prefer to cut Jake Rodgers over Calvin Anderson.
Flacco to IR would make room for Patrick and then we can wait to make another move until we activate Lock.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They (FO) tell us Lock needs practice yet they do not start his practice. They can carry 3 QBs on a crappy team. Totally mismanaged this QB scenario. Should never have went on IR. Needed to be around the team and ready to go when his thumb healed which was about 2 weeks ago.

To be one of the highest if not the highest paid GM and leave the team in this situation is just another example of bad management from a FO who over the last 45 games has been really bad.

Last edited:

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is really gonna hate it when Manning becomes our next GM. ;)

ohhhh nooo, I get the dreaded facepalm !!

facepalm.gif

I will have you both know that I am NOT a Peyton Manning the "man" or the "potential GM" hater .. I think it is actually very good to see him showing up at training camps and other Bronco related activities ..

As a player, that's where I had the issue .. Now that he has retired, I have no issues with the man ..

The notion that The Unicorn was the Pied Piper for TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, etc is purely conjecture and, IMHO, wishful thinking on the part of Manning apologists ..

I will remind both of you the next time the "this is a business, and at the end of the day, it is about money" subject arises ..

There was nothing on the playing field that dispelled my fears of Manning choking in the big game ..

We saw it in double overtime when Joe Flacco ( imagine that ) showed more balls that Manning has ( .. oops, maybe that is the wrong way to put this as Jamie Naughright prob disagrees )

Where was this scoring machine that couldn't get in FG range for 2 quarters, at home, in the playoffs ??

We saw it vs Luck and The Colts 24-13

We saw it vs the Hawks

And we saw it vs Carolina

That's not to say I do not like Peyton Manning the person …

I would be happy if, in the future, he has a role here with The Broncos .. I am just glad it won't be as starting QB anymore

My response was with Schlereth refusing to acknowledge Elway's success in assembling the best defense this organization ever had ..

Last edited:

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving on from Elway will be good only if we hire an upgrade. Be careful what you wish for if not. I dont think Ellis has nads to fire John. Ellis needs to go as well imo.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They (FO) tell us Lock needs practice yet they do not start his practice. They can carry 3 QBs on a crappy team. Totally mismanaged this QB scenario. Should never have went on IR. Needed to be around the team and ready to go when his thumb healed which was about 2 weeks ago.

To be one of the highest if not the highest paid GM and leave the team in this situation is just another example of bad management from a FO who over the last 45 games has been really bad.

CEH, I get your point, but I would like to offer a counter point.

With the current coaching staff and their inexperience it may have been a way to take some heat off them. Can you imagine the pressure there would be if Lock were available right now, and it wouldn't matter if he was ready or not? I don't know if that was part of the thought process or not. There was an article posted stating that Lock is having trouble with his middle of the field reads in VR and that is where it should be easiest.

I will say I agree with you that he should been activated when he was healthy. I am hoping they activate his clock on Monday and put Flacco on IR. This will give us an opportunity to see what we have in all 3 of the young QBs on this roster in practice if nothing else. Lock does need to practice and it will be valuable to him to go against a life defense instead of a virtual one.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving on from Elway will be good only if we hire an upgrade. Be careful what you wish for if not. I dont think Ellis has nads to fire John. Ellis needs to go as well imo.
Frankly, keep going higher. Until there is a change with ownership and a true leader - I’m hugely pessimistic of the future. Once that changes, then the other positions will get in alignment.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Be careful what you wish for?

Sorry I am not wishing for 4-6 win season. I am willing to take a gamble on the next guy as the floor is pretty low right now in Denver Broncos football world.

Love John Elway the player, love that he helped bring us a championship as a GM, but that was 5 seasons ago and we aren't getting any better. Enough is enough. This is surely a business, and we are losing.

If it wasn't for Peyton Manning and his ability to have others players to play around him Elway would probably be gone by now as we would have had crap after crap after crap at QB here.

You gotta give Elway credit for building that team, but that was 5 years ago... Time to move on from that. We are cruddy as the scum on the bottom of LGM's boot right now after he leaves a cattle yard. I love looking back at the Super Bowls, but we need to move forward also with winning games again.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco to IR would make room for Patrick and then we can wait to make another move until we activate Lock.

I think we really should. He is out 4-6 weeks. We aren't a playoff team and he like every Elway QB outside Peyton Manning has played like dog urine and cat turds... Place him on IR... Let Allen start, then when Lock is ready we have to see what we have in him the rest of the year.

Justin Herbert this year, Trevor Lawrence next year... Lets just collect all the QB's we can at some point we have to hit on one. ;)

What is Zac Dysert doing nowadays?