• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Broncos News/Rumors Thread

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should play Lock whenever he’s ready. He needs all the playing time he can get it we’re gonna see if he’s the future.

I agree that with the way the season has gone we will see Lock at some point. Lock could technically play against the Browns, but I believe it would be in relief.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our New OC and OLC need to dig deep and get some of this OL problems fixed.

Legwold is not accounting in IMO a rookie can make time .

We need to roll the pocket more and run the Football for peat sake.

They could do way more misdirection, pitch outs, Bootlegs, Necad bootlegs get D's having to wait second.

Right now they are Crashing down on the football. Zero respect.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 10/13 DAL W 24-22 1 1 4 62 15.5 33 0

2nd game back DT showed life 62 yard was pretty damn good for all the Bad luck he had the last 2 years.

I hope he finds a groove this year and makes a hell of an impact.

Here is to him having 150 yards against NE. Go Jets GO

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway’s job may depend on Lock. He really needs to play Lock to save his ass.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I do get all are pissed I am not SB50 was pretty damn sweet ...

I love the fellers that state Manning was the only reason we won that SB...

My brain damn near shorts out every time I hear that.

Elway built that D sorry but I am not buying any of that statement.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article from The Athletic today with film study- I can't share the whole article, but it lays blame primarily at two player for the offense woes:

"Garett Bolles, is having a disastrous third season as a starter. Bolles was flagged for three holding penalties in Week 7 (one was declined), making it a league-high total of nine for him this season (four of them accepted) and 29 flags for holding in his 39 career games. With technique that falls apart routinely, he is the least reliable player on an offensive line in which he is the only first-round pick and should have assumed a leadership role by now."

"As eight-year NFL veteran offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz has explained before, a “deep drop” for a quarterback should extend no further than 9-9.5 yards behind where the ball was snapped.On this third-and-16 in the first quarter against the Chiefs, Flacco takes the snap from the gun and drops back nearly 11 yards behind the line of scrimmage, an unacceptable mark that puts his tackles in an untenable situation of having to mirror rushers up the arc for far too long.

You can even see that there is room to step up into the pocket if his back foot hit at the 9-9.5-yard landmark. So this sack is 100 percent on Flacco, not the offensive line.

Here is another example of Flacco getting sacked by the Chargers, largely due to his drop going to 10 yards. Bosa beats Wilkinson around the edge, but you can see him jump and leave his feet to get his hands on Flacco. If Flacco didn’t drift the extra half yard or more back in his drop, he likely would have been able to step up into the pocket and extend the play."

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article from The Athletic today with film study- I can't share the whole article, but it lays blame primarily at two player for the offense woes:

"Garett Bolles, is having a disastrous third season as a starter. Bolles was flagged for three holding penalties in Week 7 (one was declined), making it a league-high total of nine for him this season (four of them accepted) and 29 flags for holding in his 39 career games. With technique that falls apart routinely, he is the least reliable player on an offensive line in which he is the only first-round pick and should have assumed a leadership role by now."

"As eight-year NFL veteran offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz has explained before, a “deep drop” for a quarterback should extend no further than 9-9.5 yards behind where the ball was snapped.On this third-and-16 in the first quarter against the Chiefs, Flacco takes the snap from the gun and drops back nearly 11 yards behind the line of scrimmage, an unacceptable mark that puts his tackles in an untenable situation of having to mirror rushers up the arc for far too long.

You can even see that there is room to step up into the pocket if his back foot hit at the 9-9.5-yard landmark. So this sack is 100 percent on Flacco, not the offensive line.

Here is another example of Flacco getting sacked by the Chargers, largely due to his drop going to 10 yards. Bosa beats Wilkinson around the edge, but you can see him jump and leave his feet to get his hands on Flacco. If Flacco didn’t drift the extra half yard or more back in his drop, he likely would have been able to step up into the pocket and extend the play."

That also does not adress that the OC has not helped the OL what so ever.

We seen two games were the OL started to come around There was a reason We ran the Football .

People act as it is just a player that is the Issue it's solvable With Snap Counts Running the football for one but at this point who knows.

His biggest problem is wanting to Dominate he has held/takedown way after the play left the area.

Some of those calls are ticky tacky as well.

Like some have stated Von miller gets held very often in games yet no calls on it.

Leary IMO is our worst OL.

I may buy Coaches tape So I can get better looks because of all the statements with him but I still say give him this year if they start trading players.

Hell, I go ask Bronco Greg maybe I am wrong ..i still say We paid big bucks to a OL coach to devlop OL. Let him do his job.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolles is our worst OL... Leary a close second.

I was told today that Tim Patrick and Drew Lock will be our two IR to return players. No surprise. Theo Riddick could be released with an injury settlement like I was saying when he got hurt.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolles is our worst OL... Leary a close second.

I was told today that Tim Patrick and Drew Lock will be our two IR to return players. No surprise. Theo Riddick could be released with an injury settlement like I was saying when he got hurt.

If we didn’t have some of the injuries we have had, Riddick May have been our 2nd to return, but Patrick will be a great add to the WR room.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we didn’t have some of the injuries we have had, Riddick May have been our 2nd to return, but Patrick will be a great add to the WR room.

Especially with Sanders gone now. Patrick has a golden opportunity.... Hamilton didn't really take advantage of Patrick being out.. I still have hope for him though.

You can tell Noah Fant is gonna be good. He is get open very well. Right now he is just sloppy and doesn't have it mentally. Once he gets it mentally he could be a very good TE. He gets open down the field... He just needs the game to slow down a bit for him right now. I think he has lot to process and is a little mentally fatigued. I am looking forward to his growth from year 1 to 2.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this .. Elway apparently let the cat out of the bag in regards to Tim Patrick ( apologies if this is old news )

On Tuesday, in a conference call following the Sanders trade, GM John Elway more-than-hinted at the team's plan for at least one of those two designations. Elway's Freudian slip, ironically, wasn't in response to a direct question about IR players, but rather, who the Broncos envision stepping up to fill the vacuum created by Sanders' departure.

“DaeSean [Hamilton] has got to step up," Elway said. "Then we have some young guys that have to step up. [WR] Tim Patrick, obviously it’s a little bit early, but Tim Patrick will be back after the bye. We’re looking forward to him coming back."

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really want to see my guy Alijah Holder get a shot at the active roster at some point of this season. I am sure if we keep losing he will eventually. Much like last year where the last 5 or so weeks it felt like we had about 100 players get a shot in Denver to finish out the season. ;)