• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Official Bears @ miami

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT was really one of the dumber games I've ever watched. I want to believe it was amazing defenses, but that is not what I saw. I saw sloppy bullshit. Howard's fumble had zero intent behind it. Just dumb luck. Seemed like that type of game the whole day. Just stupid shit.

Separately, I have defended Trubisky's day, but that redzone pick was fucking retarded af. We were undoubtedly buttfucked on the Illegal Pick call that negated an easy TD the play before, but he just can't fucking do that there. It changed the momentum completely and Miami scored immediately off that stop. A FG there likely wins it. Definitely doesn't give thema fuck ton of momentum like the pick and subsequent TD does.

Yup, turning point. Just hold the ball and take the FG and go up 11... That likely would have been enough to hold them off.

Nah, let's chuck it into double coverage!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of second guessing going on here. The run game was going well all day. It had a pretty decent chance of picking up the first, plus it limited a sack which would take us out of field goal range. You have to count on an NFL kicker to get a 53 yarder as well.

No...

No you don't. Let's not pretend like a 53 yarder is a chip shot. I do NOT blame Parkey for that. His coach failed him and the team by making ZERO effort to get closer.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...

No you don't. Let's not pretend like a 53 yarder is a chip shot. I do NOT blame Parkey for that. His coach failed him and the team by making ZERO effort to get closer.
...and then leave the Dolphins with only about 30 yards to go for a make-able field goal. Nagy needs to improve here.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone take note of how you go after a win tonight? About 1:10 left, no timeouts from your own 10 yard line...

I get Trubisky is not Rodgers, but...

Let's even narrow it down. Have Crosby lined up for a 40+ yarder with :13 left.... Kneel? No.... One more play, :06 seconds and its now a 27 yarder.

We had all the time in the WORLD to make an effort to give Parkey a better shot than 53 yards and we didn't.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's another Fox.

Fuck him. The Bears will never win a championship with that thinking.

Oh, let's calm down. lol. This team is headed in such a positive direction right now.

Weird game. Tough loss. Shit happens when you're still putting all of the pieces in place. Moving along now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone take note of how you go after a win tonight? About 1:10 left, no timeouts from your own 10 yard line...

I get Trubisky is not Rodgers, but...

Let's even narrow it down. Have Crosby lined up for a 40+ yarder with :13 left.... Kneel? No.... One more play, :06 seconds and its now a 27 yarder.

We had all the time in the WORLD to make an effort to give Parkey a better shot than 53 yards and we didn't.

Sure, but then if you throw and take a sack, hold... etc... Then you're Dan Quinn after the Super Bowl two years ago and people are going "why didn't he just run it!?" Howard had been running it down their throats and their front looked exhausted. It really wasn't a play call without logic behind it.

It's all hindsight armchair QB nonsense. We didn't lose this game because of any play call. We lost this game because of REALLY, REALLY poorly timed mistakes by Howard, Cohen, Trubisky and the defense.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, turning point. Just hold the ball and take the FG and go up 11... That likely would have been enough to hold them off.

Nah, let's chuck it into double coverage!

Yeah, that was a real poor play. However, Trubisky following that with a TD drive and TD toss on 3rd and long may have been the brightest moment of his career to date. IMO. Showed a lot of poise and guts. He's looked great the last two games, sans one throw.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but then if you throw and take a sack, hold... etc... Then you're Dan Quinn after the Super Bowl two years ago and people are going "why didn't he just run it!?" Howard had been running it down their throats and their front looked exhausted. It really wasn't a play call without logic behind it.

It's all hindsight armchair QB nonsense. We didn't lose this game because of any play call. We lost this game because of REALLY, REALLY poorly timed mistakes by Howard, Cohen, Trubisky and the defense.

Believe what you want but there was zero chance the bears were gonna call a play that possibly put them up more than 3 in that overtime. Line was 3. Bookies and Vegas feasted.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...

It's not a chip shot. However, in the very ideal kicking conditions of Miami...? That's a kick you damn well better make.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe what you want but there was zero chance the bears were gonna call a play that possibly put them up more than 3 in that overtime. Line was 3. Bookies and Vegas feasted.

So... it was a conspiracy?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a chip shot. However, in the very ideal kicking conditions of Miami...? That's a kick you damn well better make.

I'll accept your other points, but not this. Bullshit. You don't play for a damn 53 yard FG. I don't EVER recall a kicker being blamed for missing a FG that long. It sure as hell isn't automatic for ANY NFL kicker and no, the ball doesn't sail better in high humidity , but whatever.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll accept your other points, but not this. Bullshit. You don't play for a damn 53 yard FG. I don't EVER recall a kicker being blamed for missing a FG that long. It sure as hell isn't automatic for ANY NFL kicker and no, the ball doesn't sail better in high humidity , but whatever.

I never said you consciously play for a 53 yarder dude. That obviously is not ideal. I understand the frustration and I would obviously love to go back in time to see Trubisky roll out with the option to run or throw it away. Something along those lines...

A) I think Nagy genuinely felt a run with Howard was an aggressive call to pickup the first down - given the way he had been hammering them all drive. I doubt that call was made out of complacency. Miami looked both physically depleted from the long game and mentally depleted after fumbling on the inch line. I understand the logic behind a run with Howard. B) Again... we throw and get a holding call or a sack. Then we're sitting here going "we were in range!". Brett Favre in the NFC Title game, "Red Right 88" being intercepted in the 1980 AFC Divisional playoff and again... Ryan being sacked in Super Bowl 51. Coaches also get blasted when they play it the other way plenty.

Kickers get blamed for missing 50-54 yard kicks all of the time. It's 2018. Kicker's make those now. They are expected to. Especially in ideal conditions.

Parkey fucked up. That isn't to say that the game is anywhere near his fault. He's just one of a handful of guys who broke down when we could least afford it. We should have won in regulation and it honestly shouldn't have even been that stressful.

However, you are expected to hit that with the game on the line. 13 kickers in the NFL are perfect from 50+ this year. The league hits 50+ at a 60-70% clip now. In conditions like Miami, TB, LA, Oakland or indoors... I have to think that jumps up even more.

Honestly, I've moved on. This game doesn't worry me. We're a young team who hasn't quite figured out how to put away games on the road yet. That comes with experience. We played as badly as we could at some pivotal points and still were in a great position to win a game on the road vs a tough defense. Our young QB played another good game. This is a growing team that will be a lot better for all of this shit come December.