• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Official Bears @ miami

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is ALL on Nagy. Every fucking bit of it.

Now granted, today, the turnovers attributed some to that, but so far, the only semblance of killer instinct I'm seeing in playcalling happened against Tampa Bay, who played some of the shittiest defense I've seen in a while.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree. Nagy is a much better play-caller and offensive mind in general, but ya, he definitely needs to sack up a bit when it counts. There was no reason to get cautious there at the end. They were not advanced far enough to run 6 straight plays, and especially on 3rd and mid-to-long. Put the ball in Trubisky's hands there IMO. They were like 70% on 3rd downs at that point too.
Especially after drake gave them a gift.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the options we have in the receiving game, I too could not fathom at least some type of safety valve type of pass that at worst would have been for no gain but maybe would have moved the chains. 53 yards is too far back to think it was in the bag. I'm not going postal on Nagy like some have in here, but it definitely was on him to come up with something more creative. I'm willing to chalk it off as a rookie HC who is still a bit green in crunch time.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played great on the last drive.

I like them both, and there is no reason they both can't have success on this team if used properly.

I would like to add to this, that once the weather changes, tunes will as well towards Howard.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially after drake gave them a gift.

IT was really one of the dumber games I've ever watched. I want to believe it was amazing defenses, but that is not what I saw. I saw sloppy bullshit. Howard's fumble had zero intent behind it. Just dumb luck. Seemed like that type of game the whole day. Just stupid shit.

Separately, I have defended Trubisky's day, but that redzone pick was fucking retarded af. We were undoubtedly buttfucked on the Illegal Pick call that negated an easy TD the play before, but he just can't fucking do that there. It changed the momentum completely and Miami scored immediately off that stop. A FG there likely wins it. Definitely doesn't give thema fuck ton of momentum like the pick and subsequent TD does.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to add to this, that once the weather changes, tunes will as well towards Howard.
I was happy to see Howard get off a couple of nice runs there in our last drive. But his fumble earlier in the game was one of those several knives that simply stabbed us in the gut today. Yes, as the weather changes and a need for a ball pounder becomes more necessary, I'm hoping we can look to him for some big plays and moving the chains. But I'm also becoming more convinced with each passing week that this will be his final year as a Chicago Bear. I have nothing to back this up aside from a gut feeling.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the whole game. Trubisky did not look confident all day for some reason. Coehn reminds me a lot of Theo Riddick - moves the chains but turns the ball over.

Fish are now unbeaten at home with Detroit coming in next week (and off the bye).

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happy to see Howard get off a couple of nice runs there in our last drive. But his fumble earlier in the game was one of those several knives that simply stabbed us in the gut today. Yes, as the weather changes and a need for a ball pounder becomes more necessary, I'm hoping we can look to him for some big plays and moving the chains. But I'm also becoming more convinced with each passing week that this will be his final year as a Chicago Bear. I have nothing to back this up aside from a gut feeling.

Wouldn't doubt that at all.

His fumble was huge...it's a no-brainer there tho, that you give him the rock and he is ostensibly a guaranteed TD and rare af chance of fumbling. Don't know the stats, but he hasn't had many in his career.

I'll always like the kid, just for what he did in his first 2 seasons on an otherwise abysmal Bears team.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky's numbers today:
22/31 for 316 yds, 3 TDs/1 Int, 122.7 Rating
8 rushes for 47 yds

Stats rarely tell the whole story, but at least this for the most part backs up your assessment. Mitch was not even CLOSE to the reason we lost today.

No it don't tell the whole story...…...A critical int in the endzone,,,,,?
a wide open Miller that would have took it to the house...………?

Cmon man...……..

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the whole game. Trubisky did not look confident all day for some reason. Coehn reminds me a lot of Theo Riddick - moves the chains but turns the ball over.

Fish are now unbeaten at home with Detroit coming in next week (and off the bye).
He was awful in the first half. I actually thought Mitch played well in the 2nd half. No defending the awful throw in the end zone though. Nagy had no faith in him when it mattered most

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of second guessing going on here. The run game was going well all day. It had a pretty decent chance of picking up the first, plus it limited a sack which would take us out of field goal range. You have to count on an NFL kicker to get a 53 yarder as well.

The Green Bay loss was mostly on Nagy. Today, our pass rush was subpar, our secondary was shit, the offense missed a ton of chances in the first half, and we had a TD taken away by a questionable call. This was about poor execution much more than an in-game coaching fiasco.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was awful in the first half. I actually thought Mitch played well in the 2nd half. No defending the awful throw in the end zone though. Nagy had no faith in him when it mattered most[/QUOTE]

True story...………..

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon man...……..

That Miller ball was rough, but I wanna watch it again, because Miller is playing hurt right now, I believe, and his biggest impediment is reaching up high/extending up.

I wanna see it again, because my first reaction was it looked like Miller short-armed it a little? Like I said...need to see it again

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Trubisky, aside from a somewhat shaky first quarter, looked quite confident for the most part, even after that gawd awful INT in the endzone later in the game.

As for Cohen turning the ball over, I'm pretty sure that's his first one all season, and he's had over 50 touches via runs and receptions to date. That's hardly turning the ball over a lot.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Trubisky, aside from a somewhat shaky first quarter, looked quite confident for the most part, even after that gawd awful INT in the endzone later in the game.

As for Cohen turning the ball over, I'm pretty sure that's his first one all season, and he's had over 50 touches via runs and receptions to date. That's hardly turning the ball over a lot.

It was a helmet-on-the-ball fumble too.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Miller ball was rough, but I wanna watch it again, because Miller is playing hurt right now, I believe, and his biggest impediment is reaching up high/extending up.

I wanna see it again, because my first reaction was it looked like Miller short-armed it a little? Like I said...need to see it again

If I remember right,the ball wasn't close...….but hey,I cant remember what I did this morning...……..But all-in-all,Miami just outplayed us.

That's what it boils down too.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon man...……..
That's why I said what I said. Stats never tell the whole story. But at the same time you can't cherry pick and point to plays like this, while conveniently leaving out the many strong throws or timely runs that he made. You can find fault in just about any QB's given overall play each game. I'm not excusing Trubisky's bad plays, but I try to look at the whole picture. He was far from stinking up the joint and he was not even close to being the main reason the Bears lost today.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember right,the ball wasn't close...….but hey,I cant remember what I did this morning...……..But all-in-all,Miami just outplayed us.

That's what it boils down too.
Oh it was overthrown for sure......Those are definitely the throws that are killing him...he hits em' and he's lighting up the league. Handful of wide open TD passes he's flat-missed on this year.

I think he gets there tho. I really do.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it was overthrown for sure......Those are definitely the throws that are killing him...he hits em' and he's lighting up the league. Handful of wide open TD passes he's flat-missed on this year.

I think he gets there tho. I really do.

:hope:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's some serious paranoia. You make it seem like the Bears stunk up the joint. We lost in OT and down to the last second at that to a (now) 4-2 Miami team who plays very well at home. I'm not going to make any excuses for the loss, but to write them off over such a tough battle is just plain nuts. We have a good team that happened to lose today. Remember, on any given Sunday.....
Did you watch the game?

Same old Bears.