• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2016 NBA Draft Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the Jump?

Tracy McGrady just said he was flown to Chicago for a secret meeting in Chicago right before the draft.

The Bulls were gonna trade Pippen to the Raptors for the 9th pick. But, Jordan came in and nixed that shit with the quickness...lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

Any thoughts on where he could end up? I think a team like Phoenix could be interested for a player and future first maybe.

I'm really not sure which direction the Thunder go with this. I think they'll want an immediate impact player back rather than draft picks. If they go the draft pick route, it takes another step at pushing KD out the door.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the Jump?

Tracy McGrady just said he was flown to Chicago for a secret meeting in Chicago right before the draft.

The Bulls were gonna trade Pippen to the Raptors for the 9th pick. But, Jordan came in and nixed that shit with the quickness...lol

I don't blame him. Other than Duncan an TMac that 1997 draft class was weak as hell.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not sure which direction the Thunder go with this. I think they'll want an immediate impact player back rather than draft picks. If they go the draft pick route, it takes another step at pushing KD out the door.

KD's in win now mode. He's been hearing at how the Thunder have been title contenders since 2011. We've just finished 2016 and he has zero rings. Getting rid of Ibaka shows Durant that they're not being serious as title contenders as they're likely trying to unload his salary while getting a rookie of decent value who won't cost as much. Durant's best served going to San Antonio or Golden St. Would love to say Miami, but we have question marks and the other two destinations provide more options for him right now.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD's in win now mode. He's been hearing at how the Thunder have been title contenders since 2011. We've just finished 2016 and he has zero rings. Getting rid of Ibaka shows Durant that they're not being serious as title contenders as they're likely trying to unload his salary while getting a rookie of decent value who won't cost as much. Durant's best served going to San Antonio or Golden St. Would love to say Miami, but we have question marks and the other two destinations provide more options for him right now.

A trade with the Raptors might make some sense. Demarre Carroll for Serge Ibaka. Raptors get their needed PF, with the ability to stretch out to the 3. Thunder get a massive upgrade at the 2 with Carroll who can defend, knockdown 3's and be an offensive threat. They could slide Kanter into the starting lineup and have a lineup of RW, Carroll, Durant, Kanter, Adams.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A trade with the Raptors might make some sense. Demarre Carroll for Serge Ibaka. Raptors get their needed PF, with the ability to stretch out to the 3. Thunder get a massive upgrade at the 2 with Carroll who can defend, knockdown 3's and be an offensive threat. They could slide Kanter into the starting lineup and have a lineup of RW, Carroll, Durant, Kanter, Adams.

That would work. From what I've gathered though, they're shopping Ibaka for a lottery pick though. Only reason you're doing that is to get a player with good value while also bringing down your cap number.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Awesome post.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would work. From what I've gathered though, they're shopping Ibaka for a lottery pick though. Only reason you're doing that is to get a player with good value while also bringing down your cap number.

But, Team Owners and fans want to talk about loyalty.

The Thunder have been shopping the clearance aisle since the Harden, Jeff Green, Perkins days.

I read that they want to get high enough to get Buddy.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, Team Owners and fans want to talk about loyalty.

The Thunder have been shopping the clearance aisle since the Harden, Jeff Green, Perkins days.

I read that they want to get high enough to get Buddy.

lol for a draft that was labeled "weak" by most we're seeing a pretty good amount of happenings...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what Roberson's contract is but they could also have more options with Carroll and Adams/Kanter come off the bench and do RW, Roberson, Carroll, KD, Adams/Kanter

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is quite the contrast to see that the Lakers of all teams, are the ones that seem content to stay patient amidst all of this trade craziness....and I don't have a problem with it one bit. Let's just draft Ingram, and watch the other madness ensue...

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I didn't think KD to GS would work well. But after giving it more thought it just could work. I think if they play KD at the 4 and slide Dray down to the 3 that starting core would be unstoppable. And on defense they could still let Dray roam and help defend at the 4 or 5 when necessary. This way they're no longer vulnerable @ the 3 (where HB used to be) and still have a big body @ the 4. Thoughts?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I didn't think KD to GS would work well. But after giving it more thought it just could work. I think if they play KD at the 4 and slide Dray down to the 3 that starting core would be unstoppable. And on defense they could still let Dray roam and help defend at the 4 or 5 when necessary. This way they're no longer vulnerable @ the 3 (where HB used to be) and still have a big body @ the 4. Thoughts?

You want Durant to guard pf's full time?

No, they would be better served keeping Dray there and letting Kevin use his height advantage over 3's.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want Durant to guard pf's full time?

No, they would be better served keeping Dray there and letting Kevin use his height advantage over 3's.
No not full time because Dray is able to help a lot. But if he plays the 4 it will draw the defending 4 out of the paint on the other end. If you have him & Dray in a pick n roll & the guards moving without the ball that would be hard to defend.