• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhadigan was horrific

What a loser..... Remember when he would try to call home runs? He made you think the ball was a routine fly out, except it would end up going over the fence. I'd cringe every time he said "it's time to play some ball y'all!"

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhadigan was horrific

Who would have thought he would have been that freaking awful. I was embarrassed for the dude, I had no idea he could be that bad

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think you don't make him a 4th of, it's still common sense, but thanks for trying to throw stones, I also said a could days ago that it would be hard to keep him off:lame:

Pretty much. Best thing for him would be to stash him in AAA until needed. Best thing for the team right now might be too have him in the 25 man roster. Hard to keep him off when he's paying like this.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a loser..... Remember when he would try to call home runs? He made you think the ball was a routine fly out, except it would end up going over the fence. I'd cringe every time he said "it's time to play some ball y'all!"

Dude, how old are you?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think you don't make him a 4th of, it's still common sense, but thanks for trying to throw stones, I also said a could days ago that it would be hard to keep him off:lame:

Oh, who's butt hurt now. Since you always say that to RangerDude. It's not common sense otherwise you wouldn't have changed your stance a few days ago. Both ways make sense. Just because your opinion is for him to play in the minors doesn't mean it's common sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. Best thing for him would be to stash him in AAA until needed. Best thing for the team right now might be too have him in the 25 man roster. Hard to keep him off when he's paying like this.

I like Rios though that oblique injury can linger for awhile sometimes, may need him on the roster sooner rather than later. Still don't want to see E. Beltre going the Borbon route, but who knows how it will play out?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, who's butt hurt now. Since you always say that to RangerDude. It's not common sense otherwise you wouldn't have changed your stance a few days ago.

He hasn't changed his stance Justin. That's exactly what he said. Common sense dictates you put him in AAA for his own good. But playing this well in spring training complicated that. That's what he's always said.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Rios though that oblique injury can linger for awhile sometimes, may need him on the roster sooner rather than later. Still don't want to see E. Beltre going the Borbon route, but who knows how it will play out?

It's a giant question mark right now.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, who's butt hurt now. Since you always say that to RangerDude. It's not common sense otherwise you wouldn't have changed your stance a few days ago.

Oh not butt hurt, but you conveniently left out the part where I agreed that it would be hard to leave him off based on his play, still don't think it's the right move, but understandable in a vacuum

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't changed his stance Justin. That's exactly what he said. Common sense dictates you put him in AAA for his own good. But playing this well in spring training complicated that. That's what he's always said.

No it's not Romeo. He tried to make me out to be an idiot when I said it on the 3rd. Then a couple days ago he said it will be hard to keep him off the ML roster. He didn't give me credit for saying it originally, or his response when I did.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not Romeo. He tried to make me out to be an idiot when I said it on the 3rd. Then a couple days ago he said it will be hard to keep him off the ML roster. Funny how he didn't give me credit for saying it originally, or his response when I did.

No need to give you credit when you pat yourself on the back every other day

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He stole second though, and it wasn't even close.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a giant question mark right now.

Good to have SOME depth at least, I remember being concerned last year about outfield depth in the result we lost both Cruz and Murphy in FA. Guess maybe Murphy would have been made an offer, if he hadn't had the unfortunate year he had last year. Like what Choice is doing right now, but it wouldn't be all bad to see him at RR getting to play everyday and getting the call up when he can get lots of reps

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He stole second though, and it wasn't even close.

Thats part of the reason he is so valuable, dude seems to swipe bases at will. Doesn't have the blazing speed like Gentry but even down the stretch it seemed he would steal second even when the other team knew he was going to

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to have SOME depth at least, I remember being concerned last year about outfield depth in the result we lost both Cruz and Murphy in FA. Guess maybe Murphy would have been made an offer, if he hadn't had the unfortunate year he had last year. Like what Choice is doing right now, but it wouldn't be all bad to see him at RR getting to play everyday and getting the call up when he can get lots of reps

Beltre was hitting tonight too so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. If Beltre is the 4th OFer then you would almost have to keep KK on the roster as a RH DH. He's been hitting well too, but looked pretty bad at 3rd. They do have some tough choices to make. Parrino and Lillibridge have made good cases also as utility IFers.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre was hitting tonight too so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. If Beltre is the 4th OFer then you would almost have to keep KK on the roster as a RH DH. He's been hitting well too, but looked pretty bad at 3rd. They do have some tough choices to make. Parrino and Lillibridge have made good cases also as utility IFers.

Agreed on Kouz, he just looked sluggish getting to balls and then couldn't make a play if he did

Tough plays sure, but he didn't look good even in not making them

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way the bench rounds out will be interesting in itself, as I can tell you right now the way Wash raved about Rosales abilities at FanFest, he loves that guy for some reason. Though he hits like a "tiny-mites" Pop Warner linebacker.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Why should TEX feel obligated to carry E. Beltre on the 25man with all of 22 ML games on his resume ... when Borbon had over 200? Only reason he'd be carried is to get him traded for something of value. Just like Borbon nobody is going to trade for Beltre because they see that TEX needs Choice on the roster and knows at some point TEX will have to release Beltre and they can pick him up for free.

I'm not saying Beltre should go and Kirkman stay ... but there is a whole lot more value in a LH SP than a CFer who spent 3 years to get through AA.