• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choice is showing his former team they might have made a mistake.

Or maybe the right call. If he makes him self expensive they could never afford him anyway. They have weird priorities in Oak town.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people can't stand Kirkman, and I've been one of them multiple times throughout his career, but I hope he puts it all together. He has the stuff to be a productive part of the rotation or pen. I think he would be better in the rotation. Maybe this is his year.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people can't stand Kirkman, and I've been one of them multiple times throughout his career, but I hope he puts it all together. He has the stuff to be a productive part of the rotation or pen. I think he would be better in the rotation. Maybe this is his year.

here-here....

Also, does anyone remember who was the second player in Cards/Angels Freese trade? I ask b/c while sitting in a bar and reading the cc on the mlb network, the Cards feel like they totally fleeced the Angels.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's like trusting the dog who always shits the house and then when he does you get mad at him for shitting the house. If he blows up, then it's not his fault. It's the teams fault for trusting him.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here-here....

Also, does anyone remember who was the second player in Cards/Angels Freese trade? I ask b/c while sitting in a bar and reading the cc on the mlb network, the Cards feel like they totally fleeced the Angels.

Cards got Petey Bourjos and Randal Grichuk.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like trusting the dog who always shits the house and then when he does you get mad at him for shitting the house. If he blows up, then it's not his fault. It's the teams fault for trusting him.

IMO, it would be his fault for not doing his job, not the teams fault for trusting him to do what he's capable of.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards got Petey Bourjos and Randal Grichuk.

Thanks....I don't know who was doing the talking on MLB, but he flat said the Cards thought they had done more than fine with just Bourjos. Then to receive a guy who has huge upside as a throw-in was gravy they couldn't have cooked themselves.

Rudy_Rangerfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had 2 good innings today , but he had a nice ST last year. Kirkman baffles me .

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If gameday is correct Lisalverto Bonilla just struck out the side on 9 pitches, all swinging strikes.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero hope for him and wonder why others do. I guess there is always hope he will turn around but don't hold your breath. One has to wonder why he has never pan'd out since he is supposed to be so capable. Who knows? Maybe this is the year.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero hope for him and wonder why others do. I guess there is always hope he will turn around but don't hold your breath. One has to wonder why he has never pan'd out since he is supposed to be so capable. Who knows? Maybe this is the year.

Miracle Max: It would take a miracle.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have hope for Kirkman, but I have no expectations. But he is a hard throwing lefty so he will be given infinite opportunities to fulfill his potential

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Always miscast in the wrong roles doesn't help

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always miscast in the wrong roles doesn't help

The guy has always had health/injury issues as well. I can't really fault him for the cancer and other arm and health issues. Dude has had plenty of things that have kept him from really being able to put it all together for an entire season. Big left hander with above avg velocity, see him performing well with no more set backs. A low cost high ceiling guy if he can stay healthy. I think this is the year he outperforms expectations

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has always had health/injury issues as well. I can't really fault him for the cancer and other arm and health issues. Dude has had plenty of things that have kept him from really being able to put it all together for an entire season. Big left hander with above avg velocity, see him performing well with no more set backs. A low cost high ceiling guy if he can stay healthy. I think this is the year he outperforms expectations

If he doesn't. I think he goes up the road.