• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JP had some good words. You expect Maddux to say good things but the newbie catcher to get that many lines says quite a bit more about Colby. Hope he feels okay in the morning.

I don't think Tepesch fate depends on what Lewis and Hanson do. Depends on what Tepesch does.

Yes it does. They are all factors in the 5th starter decision.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana is a better pitcher than Jeff Samardzija IMO, and is familiar with the AL. The cost would have to be pretty low for me to be interested. With him being their #1, the cost won't be low.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana is a better pitcher than Jeff Samardzija IMO, and is familiar with the AL. The cost would have to be pretty low for me to be interested. With him being their #1, the cost won't be low.
If Santana is the better of the two, I don't see Tex showing much interest.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he wouldn't be a discount and he's better than Santana in so many ways

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wrong about that so many ways part. I thought there was a larger difference in age.
still....of the two, I'd prefer Jeff S. I think Santana is more 2012 than 2013 doing forward and I'm not sure the other guy has met his echelon just yet. Just thought it was interesting he may still be traded and wondered what it might cost if Texas had an interest...which, I'm sure you're right, They won't

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK for CJ is not the norm anyway. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference of him being hit in the head or not.

He is a total douche, but the guy isn't an idiot. I like CJ and hearing about all the cool shit he buys. It's funny to me

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just reported.........Josh Hamilton is on crutches and is out 3 days; maybe more.

No clue on what's going on.

He drank an energy drink in the sunshine. He's lucky to be alive right now

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wrong about that so many ways part. I thought there was a larger difference in age.
still....of the two, I'd prefer Jeff S. I think Santana is more 2012 than 2013 doing forward and I'm not sure the other guy has met his echelon just yet. Just thought it was interesting he may still be traded and wondered what it might cost if Texas had an interest...which, I'm sure you're right, They won't

3 out of the last 4 years have been good for Santana. I just read he's not dropping his price so I'm not that interested in him anymore. Plus, all of the good reports coming out of ST.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of short notes from ST:

In the intrasquad game, outfielder Engel Beltre had a pair of hits and scored twice. Longshot outfield candidate Jim Adduci and infielder Brent Lillibridge also had a pair of hits for the winning team in a 7-4 seven-inning game.

They may feel the same about Washington, but this time around they acted differently when it came time for an extension. When it came to security, they simply didn’t offer as much. After two-year extensions following 2010 and 2012, Washington was given only a one-year extension through 2015.

Much of the rest of the front office and several coaches, including pitching coach Mike Maddux, all have contracts that expire at the end of 2014. Daniels’ contract runs through 2015.

The message should be clear for everybody from Daniels on down: The success train has stalled.

Daniels isn't going anywhere, except maybe a higher position so they can promote Thad to GM to keep him in the org.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about injury prone. He makes Ogando look like a bill of health. If Josh had been a pitcher, he would not have gotten through the 1st inning of his career.

:laugh3:....I get where you're coming from.

However, do remember he averaged over 500 AB his last 3 years with the Rangers and over 100 RBI too. Honestly, I do no dancing on this guys future grave. He gave us a lot.

But he is the epitome of a great athlete - Godly gifted really - with no fortitude whatsoever. And the mental capacity of a snail. It's pitiful actually.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels isn't going anywhere, except maybe a higher position so they can promote Thad to GM to keep him in the org.

Hopefully not. However, do keep in mind he's the guy who committed to seriously long contracts at 1st base and LF, and we're still chasing the A's - in my opinion in a big way chasing - so it's not like everything is rosy.

And I'm gonna stop there b/c I do sincerely believe in JD. But his future here ain't etched in stone by any means.