• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Mike Trout was excited to see the contract Miggy got. The Angels were not.
I imagine the Rangers will be all-in on Scherzer next year. He's pretty much the ideal pitcher for this park.

Wouldn't you rather them try to extend Yu?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of you seemed to have missed the game. I hope Tanner was just holding back. He didn't look good at all. If the radar was correct he was throwing 91 MPH.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather them do both. Don't make me choose between those 2. I need to see Max do it again.

Seems like Bob and Ray could afford it too, but for some reason hold back on spending in the 160-180 range where Texas probably could be.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would never live in LA, NYC I could probably handle.

Born in NYC but prefer Dallas or better said the entire metroplex. The differences between Dallas, Fort Worth or even mid cities like Arlington or up north like Frisco especially really make for a great place to live for entertainment venues. I miss it when I am away (except that construction on I35E).

Trivia tidbit ... the DFW metroplex is defined by Census Bureau as including 12 counties and geographically is larger in square miles than the states of Connecticut and Rhode Island combined.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born in NYC but prefer Dallas or better said the entire metroplex. The differences between Dallas, Fort Worth or even mid cities like Arlington or up north like Frisco especially really make for a great place to live for entertainment venues. I miss it when I am away (except that construction on I35E).

Trivia tidbit ... the DFW metroplex is defined by Census Bureau as including 12 counties and geographically is larger in square miles than the states of Connecticut and Rhode Island combined.

I actually enjoyed most the people I interacted with in NYC, as long as they weren't driving, then people turn into different animals, totally a bizarre experience

I'm perfectly content living in B/CS, if I need the big city its within 3 hours in 3 different directions and I have friends in every metroplex

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love LA. Well... northern LA... and NYC is alright in doses. I'm from Baltimore/DC area, and DC is a pretty bad place too. Tons of tourist attractions around the national mall, but venture half a mile beyond this area its extremely dangerous

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of you seemed to have missed the game. I hope Tanner was just holding back. He didn't look good at all. If the radar was correct he was throwing 91 MPH.

It was a rather unimpressive 1 inning. And to me it was not the speed but his control. He was leaving pitches out over the plate and had help with an RBI groundout on a 3-0 pitch.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball games are less douchey because they are in Arlington..... The snobby rich people don't want to drive up to an hour to each ranger game.

I moved to Dallas in 1980 and fell in love with the people immediately. It was/is "overall" a very friendly place, excellent food choices, decent/affordable housing with lots of entertainment options. The quality of life in Big D and the metroplex is far and away better than my other city living experiences (Salt Lake, Memphis, Nashville, Kansas City, St Louis). And with the exception of St Louis, all of those cities were good experiences that I'd duplicate.

As for NYC, I've visited there on many occasions, and always on company money. Which is pretty much the only way to go. But I've really enjoyed NYC and it's people. Don't want to live there though. As for LA, I lived in Tikrit, Iraq for 18 months and I'd go back there, no question, before I'd move to LaLa land. Hate even spending the night in LA.

Just one guys opinion.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a rather unimpressive 1 inning. And to me it was not the speed but his control. He was leaving pitches out over the plate and had help with an RBI groundout on a 3-0 pitch.

Well it was both. Tanner will not be successful at 91 MPH, period. I didn't mean the speed was my only concern. Like you said, it was just an overall poor outing IMO. I feel less confident going into opening day than I already did. Maybe he was just playing it safe though.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was both. Tanner will not be successful at 91 MPH, period. I didn't mean the speed was my only concern. Like you said, it was just an overall poor outing IMO. I feel less confident going into opening day than I already did. Maybe he was just playing it safe though.

I don't read too much into it, more than likely was just taking it easy as a warm up before opening day, just getting his reps in essentially against live competition

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't read too much into it, more than likely was just taking it easy as a warm up before opening day, just getting his reps in essentially against live competition

Yeah I was thinking that while watching it, but it still left me feeling uneasy. Perez on the other hand looked very good. That change-up made them look foolish, just like it does most people.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just hope he is not so amped up that he has no control.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Kirkman isnt going to be the long man....

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Gimenez going to AAA? I am not seeing much there to replace JPA or Chirinos unless I am missing something.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Gimenez going to AAA? I am not seeing much there to replace JPA or Chirinos unless I am missing something.

Probably organizational depth. Cheerios would have likely started the year at AAA himself if Soto were healthy.