• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't splurge on ball park food. I would love to sit in an AYCE area once though. Just to try it.

I did that last year for the first time. It's not all that it's cracked up to be. The food was shitty, and I hate not being able to see the screen. I thought the food would make up for it, but it didn't. The nachos were ok, but kinda cold.

I just remembered you can get all you can eat peanuts though!!!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did that last year for the first time. It's not all that it's cracked up to be. The food was shitty, and I hate not being able to see the screen. I thought the food would make up for it, but it didn't. The nachos were ok, but kinda cold.

I just remembered you can get all you can eat peanuts though!!!

I do love ball park nachos, but that sucks if it was cold. I might try it here in Houston this year. I know my buddy and I have always talked about it. Seems like 40 bucks wouldn't too wasted if they had decent enough food.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't splurge on ball park food. I would love to sit in an AYCE area once though. Just to try it.

I've sat there once... Ehhhhh.

Hot dogs are of poorer quality than what you find in the lower seating areas, nachos - well...are nachos.. chicken sandwiches are decent.. cant remember what else they have.

Is it worth the extra $20 or so? Hard to justify it. IMO

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AYCE food I hear is pretty bad but I've never eaten it so I can't say for certain. Boomstick however was a decision I regretted the moment I was done. I had seen an episode on food network where a place in Chicago offered up a t-shirt for eating a massive brat in like 15 mins, so I bet a buddy I could eat the boomstick in 14 mins. I managed to get it done in 10 and the guy paid the $26 bucks for the dog but it was the worst idea I've had in recent memory

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do love ball park nachos, but that sucks if it was cold. I might try it here in Houston this year. I know my buddy and I have always talked about it. Seems like 40 bucks wouldn't too wasted if they had decent enough food.

I wanted the hot dogs the most, but they were like a grayish color and they were not the good all beef ones. They also seemed like they were steamed. No thanks. It's worth a shot in HOU though. We've talked about going to see the Rangers at MMP this year.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted the hot dogs the most, but they were like a grayish color and they were not beef. They also seemed like they were steamed. No thanks. It's worth a shot in HOU though. We've talked about going to see the Rangers at MMP this year.

I highly recommend it. There will be more Rangers fans than you'd think and it's hardly ever overly crowded.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AYCE food I hear is pretty bad but I've never eaten it so I can't say for certain. Boomstick however was a decision I regretted the moment I was done. I had seen an episode on food network where a place in Chicago offered up a t-shirt for eating a massive brat in like 15 mins, so I bet a buddy I could eat the boomstick in 14 mins. I managed to get it done in 10 and the guy paid the $26 bucks for the dog but it was the worst idea I've had in recent memory

I really don't like a lot of the crap they would even put on it. So I don't know how worth it would be for me. I am pretty minimalist when it comes to hotdogs.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't like a lot of the crap they would even put on it. So I don't know how worth it would be for me. I am pretty minimalist when it comes to hotdogs.

Yeah it was a one time deal to try and prove I could get it done , though I am normally very particular about my hot dogs. I only eat an all beef hot dog w mustard, relish and onion in normally

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was a one time deal to try and prove I could get it done , though I am normally very particular about my hot dogs. I only eat an all beef hot dog w mustard, relish and onion in normally

I could handle the chili and nacho cheese. I just wouldn't try to eat it in 14 minutes.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chirinos with the double. I can't believe I'm saying this but he needs to be the opening day catcher.

Cheerios has earned a spot and I wouldn't have a problem w him on opening day, don't know how his relationship is w the pitching staff but he should be familiar w most of them

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could handle the chili and nacho cheese. I just wouldn't try to eat it in 14 minutes.

Yeah big mistake and I regretted it for a couple days

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah big mistake and I regretted it for a couple days

I have no problems taking a crap in public, but I would draw the line at a baseball stadium. Unless I had my own private suite to go destroy I wouldn't even risk it haha.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problems taking a crap in public, but I would draw the line at a baseball stadium. Unless I had my own private suite to go destroy I wouldn't even risk it haha.

Biggest issue w the whole thing was I couldn't "go" for a whole day or 2 and felt like I wanted to puke for a couple days too

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest issue w the whole thing was I couldn't "go" for a whole day or 2 and felt like I wanted to puke for a couple days too

I can see me needing to crap my pants off before I even finished it.