• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot going on today.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love The Show.. Its the main reason (besides blu-ray) that I had a PS3.

Probably be the only reason I have a PS4. (as everyone I know, including myself, has a X1)

I got both. XB1 for multiplayer games and PS4 for awesome single player games with sweet visuals.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that and you're statement is still wrong.

My opinion is wrong... priceless. :laugh3:

Rangers announcements?Scheppers Martinez Hanson?many other announcements « Postcards From Elysian Fields

The Rangers announced:

Tanner Scheppers is the Opening Day pitcher. The rest of the rotation is Martin Perez, Robbie Ross, Joe Saunders and…

Nick Martinez. He is going to fill Yu Darvish’s spot. He wasn’t in big league camp but he has pitched well in the Minors. He was an 18th round pick out of Fordham in 2011. The biggest surprise in camp.

The Rangers have released Tommy Hanson and signed Scott Baker to a Minor League contract. He will pitch at Round Rock.

Pedro Figueroa has been told he is on the club in the bullpen as the second lefthander

The Rangers have claimed infielder Donnie Murphy off waivers from the Cubs. They have also added Rule 5 draft pick Seth Rosin on a waiver claim from the Dodgers. He was taken from the Phillies and will get consideration for the bullpen. He is a 6-foot-6 RHP who was at Double A last year.

Murphy will be on the Opening Day roster in some capacity. The Rangers haven’t decided what role but he could be their Opening Day second baseman.

There are two spots still open in the bullpen behind Joakim Soria, Neal Cotts, Jason Frasor, Ogando and Figueroa.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Martinez is starting on April 8th? I don't think anyone saw that coming. He only started 4 games in AA last year, and 21 for Myrtle Beach. I don't remember seeing him pitch this ST.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess with the Angels releasing Blanton we can expect to sign that garbage next

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Martinez is starting on April 8th? I don't think anyone saw that coming. He only started 4 games in AA last year, and 21 for Myrtle Beach. I don't remember seeing him pitch this ST.

I think he's thrown like 2.1 innings this Spring.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooooo.......... long man in the BP... Kirk..man?

Or 6 man BP until Darvish gets back...then replace Martinez with someone for BP help?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is wrong... priceless. :laugh3:

Rangers announcements?Scheppers Martinez Hanson?many other announcements « Postcards From Elysian Fields

The Rangers announced:

Tanner Scheppers is the Opening Day pitcher. The rest of the rotation is Martin Perez, Robbie Ross, Joe Saunders and…

Nick Martinez. He is going to fill Yu Darvish’s spot. He wasn’t in big league camp but he has pitched well in the Minors. He was an 18th round pick out of Fordham in 2011. The biggest surprise in camp.

The Rangers have released Tommy Hanson and signed Scott Baker to a Minor League contract. He will pitch at Round Rock.

Pedro Figueroa has been told he is on the club in the bullpen as the second lefthander

The Rangers have claimed infielder Donnie Murphy off waivers from the Cubs. They have also added Rule 5 draft pick Seth Rosin on a waiver claim from the Dodgers. He was taken from the Phillies and will get consideration for the bullpen. He is a 6-foot-6 RHP who was at Double A last year.

Murphy will be on the Opening Day roster in some capacity. The Rangers haven’t decided what role but he could be their Opening Day second baseman.

There are two spots still open in the bullpen behind Joakim Soria, Neal Cotts, Jason Frasor, Ogando and Figueroa.

I said your statement was wrong and your opinion will be proven wrong as well
:suds:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers released Hanson

And Saunders was complaining of a dead arm in his last start, might as well have cut him too before he goes to DL for a few weeks before they release him as well. They both performed poorly in ST and if the dominoes continue to fall the way they have it would make sense to just give some other guys an opportunity

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this hilarious for many reasons. The greatest being the least intentional funny poster ever at LSB is in love with Hanson.

What could he possibly love about him? I hoped we would see the Braves' Hanson but it was evident he's not even close. I can't stand his delivery.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know he pitched the last 2 innings after Ross the other day, other than that, no clue

Interesting choice, must not have been impressed with Hanson at all if thats the case

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Saunders was complaining of a dead arm in his last start, might as well have cut him too before he goes to DL for a few weeks before they release him as well. They both performed poorly in ST and if the dominoes continue to fall the way they have it would make sense to just give some other guys an opportunity

Agreed, not a big fan of Hanson or Saunders, but I thought both could be serviceable in the event Ross or Scheppers or even Nick Martinez couldn't cut it or Holland, Harrison or Darvish missed significant time

Time will tell with Saunders, Hanson is gone already

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, not a big fan of Hanson or Saunders, but I thought both could be serviceable in the event Ross or Scheppers or even Nick Martinez couldn't cut it or Holland, Harrison or Darvish missed significant time

I imagine Saunders is on a shorter leash than all of them. The kids will be given a chance to grow. It seems they already have less confident in him than the kids, otherwise he wouldn't be behind them.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would have been a big boost if Saunders or Hanson had at least been serviceable, but we will have to see Saunders improve on what he's shown thus far in ST. The Rangers need Matt and Colby to get right, as the track record for Yu towards the middle and end of the season has had him skip starts the past couple years and this year it's already starting. Trying to remain positive through all this is tough but I'm just trying to move forward with tempered expectations