• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OFFICIAL '20 AL CENTRAL THREAD N' STUFF

Who wins the AL Central This Year?

• Total voters

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers are definitely not playing like the doormats everyone pegged them to be this season. They've been getting some clutch hitting and their pitching is starting to come around.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers are definitely not playing like the doormats everyone pegged them to be this season. They've been getting some clutch hitting and their pitching is starting to come around.

They've got a pretty solid bullpen so as long as the starters aren't garbage they can hang around

The couple young bats they've brought up have been doing ok as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians went back to 2 runs per game, the usual. Still in 1st though, tiebreaker over White Sox. Will take 2/3 from a possible playoff team all day

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians went back to 2 runs per game, the usual. Still in 1st though, tiebreaker over White Sox. Will take 2/3 from a possible playoff team all day

Your guys pitching is nuts. With even a league average offense you'd be killing it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your guys pitching is nuts. With even a league average offense you'd be killing it.

And Clevinger might be on the move, crazy.

that would be Kluber, Bauer and Clevinger all gone within a year and they have the best ERA in baseball. I just want them to acquire a bat that is MLB ready now

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Clevinger might be on the move, crazy.

that would be Kluber, Bauer and Clevinger all gone within a year and they have the best ERA in baseball. I just want them to acquire a bat that is MLB ready now

And Bauer is killing it

I assume they're going with the McKenzie kid?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bauer is killing it

I assume they're going with the McKenzie kid?

That’s what it looks like and Plesac is still in the minors. Plus I’m sure their minor league is stacked with pitchers we’ve never heard of

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's it for Clevinger. Another great pitcher gone from the Indians. 3 star pitchers gone within 8 months. Plesac must be coming back to the majors soon.

Interested to see who the Indians got bc outfielder was a huge need and they wanted a MLB ready player with a lower salary.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's it for Clevinger. Another great pitcher gone from the Indians. 3 star pitchers gone within 8 months. Plesac must be coming back to the majors soon.

Interested to see who the Indians got bc outfielder was a huge need and they wanted a MLB ready player with a lower salary.

Sounds like prospects

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Insider Robert Murray reports that the Padres have acquired Mike Clevinger from the Indians.
Oh my. Full details aren't known yet, but Jeff Passan of ESPN hears that outfielder Josh Naylor, right-hander Cal Quantrill and shortstop prospect Gabriel Arias are part of the haul for Cleveland. The Padres have been the most active team in advance of Monday's trade deadline and it was probably only a matter of time before they struck on adding a big-name pitcher. Clevinger was the most notable name on the market and San Diego didn't hesitate to get their man. The 29-year-old has registered a 3.18 ERA with 21 strikeouts in 22 2/3 innings (four starts) this season and gives the Padres the type of frontline pitcher they need to make a long postseason run. This move isn't just about this year either, as Clevinger will still have two years of team control after 2020

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like prospects

I'm not sure I like that. They need another bat right now. I know their rotation is still damn good but that wasn't the problem. They still didn't get a bat for this season. That's the problem with the Indians, they were already cheap but after this C0vid they are one of the clubs hurting most losing revenue and in a deep hole. This offseason they won't be giving big money to anyone, Santana will be gone with his $17.5M salary, unless he signs for a cheap deal. They need to get a replacement for a minority owner to have any shot at adding salaries in the future. This team is screwed. Only bright spot is the farm system and developing players, they just can't re-sign them bc they are so damn cheap.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Insider Robert Murray reports that the Padres have acquired Mike Clevinger from the Indians.
Oh my. Full details aren't known yet, but Jeff Passan of ESPN hears that outfielder Josh Naylor, right-hander Cal Quantrill and shortstop prospect Gabriel Arias are part of the haul for Cleveland. The Padres have been the most active team in advance of Monday's trade deadline and it was probably only a matter of time before they struck on adding a big-name pitcher. Clevinger was the most notable name on the market and San Diego didn't hesitate to get their man. The 29-year-old has registered a 3.18 ERA with 21 strikeouts in 22 2/3 innings (four starts) this season and gives the Padres the type of frontline pitcher they need to make a long postseason run. This move isn't just about this year either, as Clevinger will still have two years of team control after 2020

I guess Naylor is the OF MLB ready right now. Makes me feel a little better but don't know much about the kid.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Naylor is the OF MLB ready right now. Makes me feel a little better but don't know much about the kid.
he hit 249 with 8 homers last year in half a season not exactly a world beater:suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to sources, catcher Austin Hedges, right-hander Cal Quantrill, outfielder Josh Naylor, shortstop Gabriel Arias (No. 7 Padres prospect), left-hander Joey Cantillo (No. 9) and infielder Owen Miller (No. 11) are headed to Cleveland. Along with Clevinger, the Padres get outfielder Greg Allen and a player to be named.

I really liked Greg Allen but he was just a guy that rarely got playing time in a clusterfuck of outfielders that were nothing special.

Looks like they got another catcher so Leon can be demoted lol.

Quantrill - Padres best RP.
Naylor - chunky MLB outfielder adds to the clusterfuck mediocre OF's. At least he is young.
Arias - one of the middle infielders of the future (in their line of thinking) once they trade Lindor...probably next season.
Cantillo - LHSP, only 20.
Miller - 23 and could be MLB ready soon. 2B/SS, looks like he has some pop.

I trust trading him away they have a plan with the rotation but that isn't the problem. I don't trust they got a good OF or one that can be even good or added anything to the lineup. Most of these players are future gambles that won't impact the lineup right now except Naylor...which right now, doesn't add anything special to the OF

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to sources, catcher Austin Hedges, right-hander Cal Quantrill, outfielder Josh Naylor, shortstop Gabriel Arias (No. 7 Padres prospect), left-hander Joey Cantillo (No. 9) and infielder Owen Miller (No. 11) are headed to Cleveland. Along with Clevinger, the Padres get outfielder Greg Allen and a player to be named.

I really liked Greg Allen but he was just a guy that rarely got playing time in a clusterfuck of outfielders that were nothing special.

Looks like they got another catcher so Leon can be demoted lol.

Quantrill - Padres best RP.
Naylor - chunky MLB outfielder adds to the clusterfuck mediocre OF's. At least he is young.
Arias - one of the middle infielders of the future (in their line of thinking) once they trade Lindor...probably next season.
Cantillo - LHSP, only 20.
Miller - 23 and could be MLB ready soon. 2B/SS, looks like he has some pop.

I trust trading him away they have a plan with the rotation but that isn't the problem. I don't trust they got a good OF or one that can be even good or added anything to the lineup. Most of these players are future gambles that won't impact the lineup right now except Naylor...which right now, doesn't add anything special to the OF

I don't really see the upside to trading him yet. Would have waited for off-season

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see the upside to trading him yet. Would have waited for off-season

Yep, I agree but I think the only thing that makes sense in trading him now is you have teams desperate for SP for a postseason run. If you wait till the offseason, teams aren't as desperate and aren't willing to give as much.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems like a "build for the future" move if anything.

They did get 3 pretty solid prospects.

The "Major League ready" guys are kinda meh but it is what it is, I guess.