• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official New Owner Prediction Thread

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alas, the season is over. As such, it is time to make your official new owner predictions for the Commanders. This is who you THINK will buy the team, not who you WANT to buy the team. Also, please post when you feel the sale will be announced/accepted by Snyder....not when it will be ratified by the owners OR become official. This is simply something to pass the time as we wait until free agency/off-season.

Duke's prediction:

New Owner: Jeff Bezos/Jay Z group

Date of Sale: February 15, 2023

Good luck!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinz prediction:

New Owner: Jeff Bezos/Jay Z group

Date of Sale: March 1, 2023

(More money than anyone else) Bezos is NOT who I want buying the team.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New owner is.....Dan Snyder.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of bezos . He owns wapo so that tells me something

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that gives me pause about Bezos is that he's never owned a professional sports franchise before.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that gives me pause about Bezos is that he's never owned a professional sports franchise before.
That might bode well for the team in the sense that he'll hire people who know what they're doing. As opposed to yes men who will agree with any whim he might have.

And with Jay Z in the mix if he is in the mix. That could give the Skins a desirability factor they've been lacking for some time now.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might bode well for the team in the sense that he'll hire people who know what they're doing. As opposed to yes men who will agree with any whim he might have.

And with Jay Z in the mix if he is in the mix. That could give the Skins a desirability factor they've been lacking for some time now.
Fingers crossed because to a man everyone is saying it's his team if he wants it.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fingers crossed because to a man everyone is saying it's his team if he wants it.
I really don't give a shit who owns the team. I mean damn, we've suffered 2+ decades of Snyder. What are the odds the new owner is worse than him?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tells you what? That he's Elmer J Fudd rich n owns a mansion n a yacht
look at the wapo and that is all that needs to be said

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't give a shit who owns the team. I mean damn, we've suffered 2+ decades of Snyder. What are the odds the new owner is worse than him?
See that's my fear. I fear we get another bad owner and they are out there. I fear we get an owner that hires a bunch of people that have no ties to the community and have no clue on the history of this team.

Look at Jason Wright. He went along with the dog and pony show (lie) that was the re-brand. He wasn't even sharp enough to tell Dan he got the Championship years wrong on the crest. Why didn't Doug Williams say something?

We need a owner who is not going to surround himself with Joe Theismann, Doug, (yes men) a guy who has his finger on the pulse of this fanbase.

Going back to the Superbowl Championship uniforms should be the first thing on the agenda.

Turning on your TV and at least seeing the Redskins again would be huge imo.

If they want to keep Commanders, fine, but a new owner needs to know that Dan picked that name and not the fans.

Bring back the two white stripes down the middle of the helmet and keep the W if you want, or put the W inside a circle.

Most would think that the uniforms and helmets are trivial. I promise if the new owner threw up on twitter a picture of the old uniforms and hemets with a simple "2023" under it, that would go a long way to creating buy-in.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that's my fear. I fear we get another bad owner and they are out there. I fear we get an owner that hires a bunch of people that have no ties to the community and have no clue on the history of this team.

Look at Jason Wright. He went along with the dog and pony show (lie) that was the re-brand. He wasn't even sharp enough to tell Dan he got the Championship years wrong on the crest. Why didn't Doug Williams say something?

We need a owner who is not going to surround himself with Joe Theismann, Doug, (yes men) a guy who has his finger on the pulse of this fanbase.

Going back to the Superbowl Championship uniforms should be the first thing on the agenda.

Turning on your TV and at least seeing the Redskins again would be huge imo.

If they want to keep Commanders, fine, but a new owner needs to know that Dan picked that name and not the fans.

Bring back the two white stripes down the middle of the helmet and keep the W if you want, or put the W inside a circle.

Most would think that the uniforms and helmets are trivial. I promise if the new owner threw up on twitter a picture of the old uniforms and hemets with a simple "2023" under it, that would go a long way to creating buy-in.
naming this team warriors or red wolves would have won over the fan base . commanders just sounds cheesy and fuck maj tuddy . RR wanted that name from day one and they lied to the public about their intentions about fan participation . they have fucked up the sean taylor legacy and now the sonny jurgensen retirement ceremony , the team crest fiasco and the owner being a snake

a new owner gives me hope that i can be a fan of this team and i blame snyder for compromising himself and being forced to change our name in the 1st place

i expected more from jason wright but instead he is incompetent

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
naming this team warriors or red wolves would have won over the fan base . commanders just sounds cheesy and fuck maj tuddy . RR wanted that name from day one and they lied to the public about their intentions about fan participation . they have fucked up the sean taylor legacy and now the sonny jurgensen retirement ceremony , the team crest fiasco and the owner being a snake

a new owner gives me hope that i can be a fan of this team and i blame snyder for compromising himself and being forced to change our name in the 1st place

i expected more from jason wright but instead he is incompetent
I look forward to Wright being gone. Bezos was one of the first to pull Skins gear so I don't expect anything NA related and that's fine. Warriors was my pick, but I understand.

RedHogs or even Commanders stitched into the old uniforms is all I'm asking for. Sonny getting honored in front of a bunch of Cowboys fans is going to be a Fandom lowlight.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at the wapo and that is all that needs to be said

Skinsdad doesnt like the Washington Post’s politics, and because he’s an absolitist, and therefor an inferior thinker, he thinks that because he views the Post as liberal, it somehow means that Bezos will be a liberal owner, or have liberal policies towards running a business, or just be “bad” because he might be / could be / or is liberal.

Stupid, shortsighted, and irrational as it is. As if “liberals” donr enjoy being stinking fucking rich too…

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad doesnt like the Washington Post’s politics, and because he’s an absolitist, and therefor an inferior thinker, he thinks that because he views the Post as liberal, it somehow means that Bezos will be a liberal owner, or have liberal policies towards running a business, or just be “bad” because he might be / could be / or is liberal.

Stupid, shortsighted, and irrational as it is. As if “liberals” donr enjoy being stinking fucking rich too…
Nice try .

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not the biggest Bezos fan, From what I can tell. He's anti-union, and like anybody who's deeply vested in a worldwide retail conglomerate like amazon. They have an interest in turning the general public into sheep who feel as if they can't live without whatever it is they are selling. I've read he's become increasingly interested in politics, regardless of what side of the aisle a person lean towards. I personally see that as a bad thing. Right up there with Elon Musk throwing his hat into the political area. At the same if these people are the real power behind the power I guess it doesn't make a whole lotta difference if they are up front n on center stage or pulling strings from behind the curtain.

He's not running for office though, at least not now. And if returns the Skins back to respectability or more I'm down with that.

But you saying he owns wapo n that's why you don't like him. Like chiller I'm thinking it has to do with how he leans politically as opposed to anything else.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other side of the coin is Bezos knows how to run a company. I want an owner like JKC who was pompous but stayed out of the way when it came to football decisions. He might want you to tell him why but he signed off if it sounded like a good decision.