• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New Owner Game

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an alternate universe, your bid is accepted to buy the Commanders. As the new owner, what are the 3 most important changes you make as the new owner?

Non-Commanders fans (PDay, Colby, Manster, Debbie Does, NinersOutlaw, Sir Robin), jump in as well if you want.

Duke's changes:

1. Hire Mike Borgonzi as the GM and have him hire the coach and build the roster. Goal is to build the Chiefs 2.0 in DC.
2. Secure plans to build a new state-of-the-art stadium in Northern Virginia. I would drive to get the stadium built ASAP.
3. Start a campaign to change the name. Start sending surveys, passing out ballots at games, and have secure voting applications on the team website to eliminate bots, etc. Lean toward Red Wolves but have the fans make the decision on the name. Redskins is off the table but most anything else is fair game. If it is close to two names per fan feedback, I would break the tie. I would keep the same colors including the black uniforms. A top Marketing firm would run with capturing fan feedback and organizing the votes, etc. I would also engage the current and former players on their thoughts as well. Bottom line is that Commanders represents the Snyder regime and Rivera's incompetence. I would want that scrubbed from the new direction of the team.

Have fun!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. you're guy is not a bad suggestion but there could be many. At best as a two year Asst. GM here is third in line in KC .... what makes KC work is Andy Reid .... Mahomes and Kelce don't suck.
2 & 3. If there is new ownership I would love to see the name change and a new stadium built where RFK is. My preferred name would be Warriors. Red Wolves are damn near extinct.

Always remember Yogi "it ain't over until it is over." I want to get jacked up but refuse until it is a done deal.

BTW - I think the Redskins best years as an organization started in 64 with Jurgensen, Taylor and Mitchell (even though they didn't win) and went through the Gibbs era .... all at RFK.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Change the name to Warriors, go back to the championship uniforms with the championship helmets. Replace the logo inside the circle with a burgundy W.

2. Retractable roof stadium at RFK.

3. Firing everyone including Jason Wright.

4. Begin the process of tearing down Ashburn and building a new state-of-the-art Warriors Park.

5. Bring back the original fight song at the stadium with the band and let the fans sing the original song after every score.

6. I copy what the Falcons are doing and have the cheapest concessions in the league.

7. Hire a young GM with a good track record (the next Bethard) he hires Sean Payton, who finds the best DC in the league and double his salary and give him a title that allows me to pluck him from his former team.

8. Hire Kevin Sheehan to be my in-game clock management official. He handles from the booth when to call timeouts, when to challenge and when to go for two, etc......

9. Hire an Olympic level medical and rehabilitation staff.

10. I officially retire 9, 42, 27, 81, 28, 44, 7

11. I open my introductory press conference by saying, "On behalf of this franchise I would like to apologize to all the Washington Football fans across the world." "I understand what you've been through. I understand we will have to earn your trust back."

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new stadium is very important. Besides improving the football experience for everyone, it’s important to demonstrate unequivocally that the team is staying close to Washington and not being moved.

Don’t mortgage the farm to win next year.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is so much to unpack here.

The NFL has been a mess for years. The way the punished or not punished teams for lots of different things. Cheating, violence, sexual harassment and you can go on and on ...... they have side stepped the laws of the land and been their own judge and jury. They have buried reports they did not want to get out for public consumption.

Dan Snyder is part of that story. He was allowed to borrow more money than the NFL allows so he could buy the team in the first place. He has harassed people in the media, sued fans who could not pay for their tickets anymore, he has fostered a toxic work place from day one, god knows how long the sexual harassment has gone on and to what extent. We all know many of these things and I know some 2nd hand because my brother worked for the organization. He left within two years because of Dan and the work place they fostered. Damn shame, I had access to free tickets in a suite for a couple of years. LOL

I want Dan gone for many reasons. He fucked up my favorite sports organization. He has run it into the ground. He has treated people like shit. The NFL has fostered this or turned a blind eye way too many times. It is also personal because I know what he did through family and friends. I know who and what he is from doing work for him before he became an owner.

I hope more than anything that the report from the AG today although right in many ways did not screw up the sale of the team. I hope the NFL gets taken to task but I want my football. I guess that makes me greedy.

I hope a year from now there is a different owner and duke, dad and dean can write pages and pages about what QB from 2022 was the best. :pound:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is so much to unpack here.

The NFL has been a mess for years. The way the punished or not punished teams for lots of different things. Cheating, violence, sexual harassment and you can go on and on ...... they have side stepped the laws of the land and been their own judge and jury. They have buried reports they did not want to get out for public consumption.

Dan Snyder is part of that story. He was allowed to borrow more money than the NFL allows so he could buy the team in the first place. He has harassed people in the media, sued fans who could not pay for their tickets anymore, he has fostered a toxic work place from day one, god knows how long the sexual harassment has gone on and to what extent. We all know many of these things and I know some 2nd hand because my brother worked for the organization. He left within two years because of Dan and the work place they fostered. Damn shame, I had access to free tickets in a suite for a couple of years. LOL

I want Dan gone for many reasons. He fucked up my favorite sports organization. He has run it into the ground. He has treated people like shit. The NFL has fostered this or turned a blind eye way too many times. It is also personal because I know what he did through family and friends. I know who and what he is from doing work for him before he became an owner.

I hope more than anything that the report from the AG today although right in many ways did not screw up the sale of the team. I hope the NFL gets taken to task but I want my football. I guess that makes me greedy.

I hope a year from now there is a different owner and duke, dad and dean can write pages and pages about what QB from 2022 was the best. :pound:
Wow! I'm sure you and your brother are like "if you guys REALLY knew what goes on at Ashbrun."

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Fire everybody. Hire best GM money can buy, and have them hire the best coaches money can buy.
2. Secure a new stadium site in DC proper, with plenty of infrastructure upgrades and state of the art everything.
3. Apologize to fans. Have a plan for winning back fans. Make good on it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never answered this post because i wanted to think about it

here is what i would do ,

1) establish how i want to build the team
2) hire people who are in line with my thinking
3) get rid of the FO and coaching staff
4) get rid of the medical staff
5) immediately look to rebrand the name and actually take the fans into consideration
6) demand that the team values draft picks use the draft as the primary tool to build and use FA for depth and filling holes with a good player(s)
7) get rid of players who are not in on the philosophy
8) quit flailing away at looking for the elusive franchise qb . develop our franchise qb and tailor the offense to what he does best
9) no more big name fa's unless we are on the cusp of being a superbowl contender
10 ) devote more resources to scouting , both pro and college
11) give the HC staff real time to build his roster no stupid time tables based on what other teams do
12) end the freaking drama
13) run the team with honor
14) build state of the art facilities
15) build a new modern stadium that is fan friendly