• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

off season thread 2024, new regime

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on that.
I think it is realistic that 2 of these 3 go back to the coordinator ranks

Slovik
Macdonald
Johnson

I think ATL made a big mistake along with LV.
CAR had to take what they got. I am not sure what NE was thinking other than trying to ride the coat tails of the BB coaching tree.
Not sure what TN was thinking either. Not a bad hire but not a good one. The LV, ATL, and NE were the big misses in my opinion.

What I am trying to say is that the coaching hires have been odd this season and I believe several mistakes were made.
I think Johnson to Washington is done.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martindale or Vrabel would be my picks.

My concern is that whoever we hire brings in coaches they personally know instead of the best talent available. Needs to be a good mixture with a lean toward talent. Bringing in your buddies won't work...especially on defense given our current state.

It is a nepotism league, I am fully aware, but you have to balance getting the best talent and a support system of people you trust.
Rivera was awful at this.

That is why I feel the staff question is critical for peters. The best leaders surround themselves with the best talent and accept opposition as part of the job. Surrounding yourself with yes men is a quick path to failure.
Vrabel would be a homerun. He could bring Harris with him. Harris could move up when Vrabel eventually leaves. Maybe Harris could salvage Forbes.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Johnson to Washington is done.
I agree and I wish Macdonald was given more of a fair chance.

I think people forget that we literally have the worst defense in the league.

Offense puts butts in the seats but defense wins championships.

Didn't skinsdad just post that 3 of the 4 teams in the playoffs are in the top 4 for defense?

I think the fans want offense and that is the current fad in the league.

I will support Johnson and peters.

I will also say this, I am willing to bet Macdonald will be a better head coach in the league than Johnson or slowik. Someone is going to get a grandslam hire with Macdonald and we can bookmark the thread.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't skinsdad just post that 3 of the 4 teams in the playoffs are in the top 4 for defense?

I will also say this, I am willing to bet Macdonald will be a better head coach in the league than Johnson or slowik. Someone is going to get a grandslam hire with Macdonald and we can bookmark the thread.
I would not surprise me one bit if MacDonald ends up being the gem of this coaching cycle. To be fair, three of the four teams still playing have offensive head coaches and Harbaugh was basically a special teams coach 90% of his career.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not surprise me one bit if MacDonald ends up being the gem of this coaching cycle. To be fair, three of the four teams still playing have offensive head coaches and Harbaugh was basically a special teams coach 90% of his career.
You have said this a thousand times and I will agree a thousand times with you.

The coachs most important hire will be the corresponding coordinator. That hire is critical!!!

The OC or DC must be spot on...no mistakes.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson HC
Vrabel DC
Jarrod Johnson OC

Watch out!

Johnson was the qb coach in HOU for Stroud.
He would mentor our rookie qb.

He is meeting with the saints for their OC job.

I disagree with pundits and I think we need to get a staff I place asap. Why?

Because coordinators are flying off the board. There is a reason we got peters quickly...because we didn't want anyone getting him.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson HC
Vrabel DC
Jarrod Johnson OC

Watch out!

Johnson was the qb coach in HOU for Stroud.
He would mentor our rookie qb.

He is meeting with the saints for their OC job.

I disagree with pundits and I think we need to get a staff I place asap. Why?

Because coordinators are flying off the board. There is a reason we got peters quickly...because we didn't want anyone getting him.
I've heard that Johnson is bringing the Lions offensive line coach Hank Fraley to be his OC. Brian Mitchell said he played with him in Philly and said he takes no shit. Said anyone who's not ready to work, might as well pack their stuff now.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that Johnson is bringing the Lions offensive line coach Hank Fraley to be his OC. Brian Mitchell said he played with him in Philly and said he takes no shit. Said anyone who's not ready to work, might as well pack their stuff now.
That's fine and all but we heard the same about EB.

Again, Fraley might be the next up and coming OC.

My fear is the nepotism game is played and somebody brings in all their buddies.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine and all but we heard the same about EB.

Again, Fraley might be the next up and coming OC.

My fear is the nepotism game is played and somebody brings in all their buddies.
There are different ways to lead while being a hardass. Dog cussing your players doesn't always equate to leadership. You have to create buy-in first.

I've had coaches grab my facemask and walk me around the field by it while cussing at me. Didn't make me want to play any harder. I was already playing as hard as I could.

I had a receiver coach yell at me and then pull me aside and explain exactly what I did wrong and I could tell he knew his stuff. To this day I'd run through a wall for Coach Henderson.

The HC that grabbed me by the facemask got fired the next year.

You can be a hardass, but if the players know that you know your shit, they will follow.

Joe Gibbs was no teddy bear.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People respond to leadership no matter what your style is . You have to be seen as the subject matter expert for a style to work

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are different ways to lead while being a hardass. Dog cussing your players doesn't always equate to leadership. You have to create buy-in first.

I've had coaches grab my facemask and walk me around the field by it while cussing at me. Didn't make me want to play any harder. I was already playing as hard as I could.

I had a receiver coach yell at me and then pull me aside and explain exactly what I did wrong and I could tell he knew his stuff. To this day I'd run through a wall for Coach Henderson.

You can be a hardass, but if the players know that you know your shit, they will follow.

Agreed

The approach needs to be effective period.

I simply want the best coaches and coordinators brought in.

I am still shell shocked from the poor staffs the last 2 coaches brought in. I want to see that turned around.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed

The approach needs to be effective period.

I simply want the best coaches and coordinators brought in.

I am still shell shocked from the poor staffs the last 2 coaches brought in. I want to see that turned around.
No one was trying to work for Dan. I'm optimistic. Was listening to Jay Gruden on Sheehan's last pod and he said if the Lions win Sunday it could hurt Ben's chances to fill positional coaching spots, but said he was sure Ben has already contacted his OC and DC and has them ready and waiting.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one was trying to work for Dan. I'm optimistic. Was listening to Jay Gruden on Sheehan's last pod and he said if the Lions win Sunday it could hurt Ben's chances to fill positional coaching spots, but said he was sure Ben has already contacted his OC and DC amd has them ready and waiting.
Fingers crossed

Hopefully it is an effective team of rivals per se.

We need all the talent and experience we can get.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

would,nt it be tampering if that,s correct?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coaching, teaching and holding players accountable are good traits for a coach. Hollering or screaming never helped me be a better player.