• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Releasing Adams after June 1 would save Seattle $8.4 million in cap space, per Over the Cap. Such a move would result in $9.7 million in dead money, with Adams receiving $2.56 million in guaranteed salary. That's a significant difference from the $23.9 million in dead money as a pre-June 1 cut."

They are talking about using him as a in the box linebacker more often. Some of you might like that because that fits his skill set better. There is one BIG issue with that. How many under sized Linebackers make 18 million a year? Then you got Pete and John who for some reason hate to admit when they are wrong and carry /keep guys longer than they should even when it's a detriment to the team.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Releasing Adams after June 1 would save Seattle $8.4 million in cap space, per Over the Cap. Such a move would result in $9.7 million in dead money, with Adams receiving $2.56 million in guaranteed salary. That's a significant difference from the $23.9 million in dead money as a pre-June 1 cut."

They are talking about using him as a in the box linebacker more often. Some of you might like that because that fits his skill set better. There is one BIG issue with that. How many under sized Linebackers make 18 million a year? Then you got Pete and John who for some reason hate to admit when they are wrong and carry /keep guys longer than they should even when it's a detriment to the team.

It was a dumb trade and dumb signing.. damage is done.

IF Adams is healthy, is he worth the $9M it's going to cost us this year (we only save $9M by cutting him) if healthy? Yes. There's a new DC and we don't have dumbass Norton running things anymore (although Hurtt wasn't much better lol).

That's all this boils down to. It was a dumb trade (I rated it very highly WOOPS) in hindsight, but at this point it makes sense to keep him if he's ready. If he's going to be dealing with his injury all year long, then yes, cut him - pull the Bandaid... but IMO that's the last resort.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a dumb trade and dumb signing.. damage is done.

IF Adams is healthy, is he worth the $9M it's going to cost us this year (we only save $9M by cutting him) if healthy? Yes. There's a new DC and we don't have dumbass Norton running things anymore (although Hurtt wasn't much better lol).

That's all this boils down to. It was a dumb trade (I rated it very highly WOOPS) in hindsight, but at this point it makes sense to keep him if he's ready. If he's going to be dealing with his injury all year long, then yes, cut him - pull the Bandaid... but IMO that's the last resort.

Hurtt's defense's have been worse than Norton's lmao. The 2022's defense was bad no matter how you look at it. Pass defense did improve but we know why that is ( Woolen )

Adams was injuried the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR in 2022 and he isn't back from the injury, he is sandbagging. They were saying he had a chance to be up and running in Jan. or Feb.... what happened?

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurtt's defense's have been worse than Norton's lmao. The 2022's defense was bad no matter how you look at it. Pass defense did improve but we know why that is ( Woolen )

Adams was injuried the FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR in 2022 and he isn't back from the injury, he is sandbagging. They were saying he had a chance to be up and running in Jan. or Feb.... what happened?

Yah I remember that injury... it was a clear path to sack Wilson and Wilson just side stepped him a little lol. Completely baffling injury, but I'm no doctor. I'd agree if he's not back by the start of the season he's either too far gone or just doesn't care anymore about football. And yes, if he can't make it back for the first game (or scheduled for like week 3) - cut him. But otherwise, if he still cares (we of course can't know that as well as the coaches/FO) then he's worth keeping around.

And yes, Hurtt's defense was worse than Norton's... but I'm willing to give him another season at least... I also have zero clue why they switched to that stupid 3-4.. at least Reed/Jones both have 3-4 experience... I guess we're going with Cam at NT.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Bobby was drafted many here did not like the pick. I said he was going to be a stud and a probowl player. A couple of us liked the move, most didn't. None of us guessed he would be a HoF Linebacker.
Honestly I can't remember what I thought when we selected Bobby Wagner. I don't think I knew much about him before the draft and liked the selection after I watched his college tape. Ironically the linebacker I wanted was Mychal Kendricks who was picked right before him.

My all-time worst draft take which I'm not even embarrassed to admit because it's so absurd to say now that it's pretty funny is that I liked the Richard Sherman pick because I watched his tape at WR as a freshman at Stanford and thought the Seahawks would move him back to WR lol.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, if he won’t take the cut, cut him … He’s given us nothing and been overpaid grossly … On sports radio right now they’re talking about trading for Aaron Donald, cut Adams, bring in Donald IF it’s for the right price … Donald is 32 but he’s more of a need than Adams who can’t stay on the field anyway …
Honestly I think Aaron Donald is still a phenomenal player and IMO one of the greatest defensive players of all-time, but he's 32 and we'd be buying high for him at this point. Also he's accomplished just about every accolade possible and at this point doesn't really have much to play for.

At this point I don't see a reason to cut Adams unless you think you can use the cap savings to bring in some help. Might as well give him one more shot and move on next season. I wouldn't bet on Adams having a good year, but I will say the current roster construction gives him his best shot. They can use Love and Diggs in the traditional safety roles and have Adams play in the box as a hybrid safety/linebacker. Giving him the coverage responsibility of a linebacker is probably the best way to utilize him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah we fucked up with the Adams trade and the extension, but at this point we have to make the best of the situation and that's using him essentially as a hybrid safety/linebacker while Love and Diggs perform the traditional safety coverage roles. I've followed Adams back to his LSU days and it still confuses me how he's so shit in coverage, but if he's playing the zone coverage role of a linebacker it will maximize his skill set.

I'm pretty sure his former Jets defensive coordinator said something about how he'd hate being in Seattle's defensive scheme. Makes complete sense now because we ask our safeties to cover.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For some reason I didn't even think about what you just mentioned in the second part of your post. It is very odd that Adams was injured the first game of the year 2022, we know little about the injury, he has rehabbed away from the team, and looks 20lbs heavier. An ACL tear doesn't even require that much time away.

If he gets cut before the season, we'll have our answer that he just doesn't care anymore. Feels like a long time ago, but he was a bit of a diva in New York.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think Aaron Donald is still a phenomenal player and IMO one of the greatest defensive players of all-time, but he's 32 and we'd be buying high for him at this point. Also he's accomplished just about every accolade possible and at this point doesn't really have much to play for.

At this point I don't see a reason to cut Adams unless you think you can use the cap savings to bring in some help. Might as well give him one more shot and move on next season. I wouldn't bet on Adams having a good year, but I will say the current roster construction gives him his best shot. They can use Love and Diggs in the traditional safety roles and have Adams play in the box as a hybrid safety/linebacker. Giving him the coverage responsibility of a linebacker is probably the best way to utilize him.

That is the best way to use him as a safety linebacker hybrid, he’s so good at applying pressure to the QB.. If the dude could just stay healthy, he’s a freak athlete

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the best way to use him as a safety linebacker hybrid, he’s so good at applying pressure to the QB.. If the dude could just stay healthy, he’s a freak athlete
I agree. He's a ridiculous athlete, but I'll always wonder why he can't cover at this level. Coverage schemes these days are way more complicated than when we played ball, but you'd just expect a guy with his talent to at least be average in coverage.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He's a ridiculous athlete, but I'll always wonder why he can't cover at this level. Coverage schemes these days are way more complicated than when we played ball, but you'd just expect a guy with his talent to at least be average in coverage.
Especially with his closing speed, he’s faster than everyone, maybe a timing thing? He zigs when he should zag .. :)

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a video you'll enjoy seeing. Really good, really interesting.

His talk about the 2021 season and the weird culture that had developed is a very interesting piece for me.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still to this day don't question the decision to throw, but I question THAT throw. Why the hell were you going to Ricardo on THAT route? Why not a rollout play to one of your better receivers with an option for Wilson to throw it away or just run it in?

As for Lynch... he was 1 of 4 Willson, in goal line situations that year... New England had the box stacked... It highly annoys me everyone says giving the ball to Lynch was an auto TD.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The percentage of Lynch runs from the 2 and inside that turned into TD wasn't good, But a Slant to Lockette nah man that was the weird call. I wouldn't have ran the ball in that situation even with my hind sight. We had 1 time out and it was 2nd down, take a shot then you can still run it on 3rd down but WHY WHY WHY the slant to a good and very fast WR but not a physical one. Those are for quick tough guys ( Baldwin ) Richardo was fast not quick and not the right call.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His talk about the 2021 season and the weird culture that had developed is a very interesting piece for me.

I agree that when Graham came to Seattle it messed up the Hawks game as a team. I also agree with Luke that if Graham stayed in NO he would have been one of the best TE ever ( I didn't say the best ). He wasn't a fit on this team. Our TE's are blockers and sneaky pass catchers, Thats how our offense is/was set up, Jimmy isn't that guy not even close.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that when Graham came to Seattle it messed up the Hawks game as a team. I also agree with Luke that if Graham stayed in NO he would have been one of the best TE ever ( I didn't say the best ). He wasn't a fit on this team. Our TE's are blockers and sneaky pass catchers, Thats how our offense is/was set up, Jimmy isn't that guy not even close.

Yah, and trading away Unger (in addition to the first)... I know Unger got injured (so did Graham) but he was the best center we've had in the Carroll era.

I was excited with Graham, but when I heard they were trying to have him block in training camp I was facepalming pretty hard. Seems like the second season with they started to get him back to form, but then the third season with us he just disappeared entirely (good chunk of TDs but his average went WAY down and not many targets). I think Graham really didn't like the system and just kind of mailed it in (or just never completely recovered from that injury).

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With how flexible Pete can be with player personalities - he's quite rigid on scheme. Graham was the proverbial square peg in a round hole. They traded for him, and it's not like they didn't have a plan - they're plan was to change him into something he had never been. There were so many ways he could've been utilized, but they tried to force him to be something else.

Graham is a great example of willing does not equal able - no matter how good you are at other aspects of the game. All-pro as a receiver - Jr. higher as a blocker.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, I was referring to how 2021 specifically was a completely different culture now that a lot of the veterans from 2013/14 were gone. Players messing up, goofing off, not caring and no consequences. If the interview is an accurate representation of what was going on it sounds like things got out of hand.

Pete is really good at letting the players be themselves, but it appears that he let's them establish the culture in the locker room. Which is good when you have guys like Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, Michael Robinson, etc. From the interview, things went too far in the finger pointing after 2014, but 2021 seems to have been the opposite where no one was accountable.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bloodbath at espn, Steve young, Suzy kolber, Todd effing mcshay, matt hasselbeck all out