• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre June 1st cutting Adams would give us a dead cap hit of 23.9 million with a savings of 5.78 million, Post June-1st a dead cap hit of 9.6 million and a savings of 8.44 million. If they wait till post June 1st 2024 the dead cap only goes down to 7 million so why not just pull the trigger now and get out from under that contract. Sucks they let Neil leave because he was better than many believe and was the highest rated SS last year in the NFL. Now I know the way that PFF does it's ratings is convoluted but it's always a good measuring stick that pans out true more often than not.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to cut Adams unless there is a player they can get

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always worry about players going under the knife as I feel that once you pile up those surgeries its what shortens your career especially on the knees and feet.
It was arthro so no knife

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was arthro so no knife

Thats not the issue really. Something was wrong with his knee enough to have arthro done and that means their was a causing issue. No Way he hurt it walking onto the practice field. We will see if it's something that flares up. Lets all hope not :hope:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not the issue really. Something was wrong with his knee enough to have arthro done and that means their was a causing issue. No Way he hurt it walking onto the practice field. We will see if it's something that flares up. Lets all hope not :hope:

Seems odd it was identified this late... Jesus... I wonder if Witherspoon was a result of this or a known issue? Seattle is obviously not going to tip their hand to anyone prior to or right after the pick.. but yeesh.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems odd it was identified this late... Jesus... I wonder if Witherspoon was a result of this or a known issue? Seattle is obviously not going to tip their hand to anyone prior to or right after the pick.. but yeesh.
Good he got it done now to be back in time for camp

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Bobby was drafted many here did not like the pick. I said he was going to be a stud and a probowl player. A couple of us liked the move, most didn't. None of us guessed he would be a HoF Linebacker.

That was one pick I actually loved in that draft. I remember Kiper saying Seattle screwed up and lost 'their guy' who was Kendricks lol... Kendricks was decent, but not a HOFer like Bobby. Funny that in this years draft grades Kiper actually apologized to Schneider after giving them a B or so grade last year (when Seattle basically had the best draft), LMAO.

I LOVED the Wagner pick. I did not like the Wilson pick and was obviously wrong (despite the falling out he's still the best QB Seattle ever had).

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope some other players see this and understand that there is a give and take to a teams success. You don't have to look no farther than Tom Brady to see that star players taking a reduction or pay cut can have a huge effect on the quality of your team. You also need a good staff in place to take advantage of those savings.

Jamal Adams cap number is the largest hit on the team and he 100% should take a pay cut, then you got Diggs just 10K behind Adams but he has played close to the level of his contract, Adams has not even been close. After that you have to drop WAY down to DK and Nwosu, then Lockett and Geno but i don't know if they have all ready reduced Lockett's numbers yet.

Jamal should 100% take a pay cut with out a doubt and if he refuses to then just cut bait and move on. To me that means he is not a team player at all. He has missed so much time he could be charged for stealing! Someone in his position that has played less than 50% of his teams games ( including playoffs ) should with out hesitation take one for the team. That trade is looking like one of the worst in team history. ( I say it is the worst )

Yep, if he won’t take the cut, cut him … He’s given us nothing and been overpaid grossly … On sports radio right now they’re talking about trading for Aaron Donald, cut Adams, bring in Donald IF it’s for the right price … Donald is 32 but he’s more of a need than Adams who can’t stay on the field anyway …

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, if he won’t take the cut, cut him … He’s given us nothing and been overpaid grossly … On sports radio right now they’re talking about trading for Aaron Donald, cut Adams, bring in Donald IF it’s for the right price … Donald is 32 but he’s more of a need than Adams who can’t stay on the field anyway …

Eh you only save about $9M by cutting him this year (obviously we're past the 6/1 date), and take a tremendous $14M cap hit next year.

Is $9M this year worth keeping him around? If he can play I'd say so... With next year being a $23M cap hit, unless he comes back this year and balls out as the best safety in the league, it's a no brainer to cut him. If Love can play nickel while Adams/Diggs hold down safety and you've got Witherspoon/Woolen outside with Bryant coming in on dime packages, OOOF. With Seattle's assembly of pass rushers good luck passing on them. Run is a different story... but is what it is. I still think it really sucks we let Neal go... he was definitely not one of the issues with D last year... I think all of us in hindsight would've rather had Neal with Adams not even on the books.

If they do cut Barton, obviously Love can play safety but I wonder if they'll try to move Bryant to safety... guy is a natural ball hawk and does not belong as a nickel corner... he played outside in college, but I love when Bryant is on the field... Always there to make tackles and play the ball (forced fumbles, a couple of which I think he got robbed on). Was funny whenever Bryant was on the field teams passed, and whenever he was off the field and Barton was on, teams ran lol.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh you only save about $9M by cutting him this year (obviously we're past the 6/1 date), and take a tremendous $14M cap hit next year.

Is $9M this year worth keeping him around? If he can play I'd say so... With next year being a $23M cap hit, unless he comes back this year and balls out as the best safety in the league, it's a no brainer to cut him. If Love can play nickel while Adams/Diggs hold down safety and you've got Witherspoon/Woolen outside with Bryant coming in on dime packages, OOOF. With Seattle's assembly of pass rushers good luck passing on them. Run is a different story... but is what it is. I still think it really sucks we let Neal go... he was definitely not one of the issues with D last year... I think all of us in hindsight would've rather had Neal with Adams not even on the books.

If they do cut Barton, obviously Love can play safety but I wonder if they'll try to move Bryant to safety... guy is a natural ball hawk and does not belong as a nickel corner... he played outside in college, but I love when Bryant is on the field... Always there to make tackles and play the ball (forced fumbles, a couple of which I think he got robbed on). Was funny whenever Bryant was on the field teams passed, and whenever he was off the field and Barton was on, teams ran lol.
:dhd:

Most recent reports are that there is some question about Adams being healthy enough to be ready for the beginning of the season - and if that is truly the case then cutting Adams is a lot more complicated and likely expensive. Eating 14 million next year when the team is already under a tight cap isn't necessarily a good thing either.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dhd:

Most recent reports are that there is some question about Adams being healthy enough to be ready for the beginning of the season - and if that is truly the case then cutting Adams is a lot more complicated and likely expensive. Eating 14 million next year when the team is already under a tight cap isn't necessarily a good thing either.
Yes a mistake on my end, ghosts of the past... I was considering editing but I know this forum enjoys mocking me for the hate against the guy... so I left it :D

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes a mistake on my end, ghosts of the past... I was considering editing but I know this forum enjoys mocking me for the hate against the guy... so I left it :D

Hey, I resisted the joke that you hated Barton so much that you were advocating for the SEahawks to cut him from another team. :pound:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I resisted the joke that you hated Barton so much that you were advocating for the SEahawks to cut him from another team. :pound:

bump-bro.gif

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you all do know that cutting Adams and saving 9 mill this year and eating 14 million in dead cap spread out over the next couple years is better than his 24 million dollar cap hit next year.

If the hawks cut Adams they save 9 million and then in 2024 they have a 7 million dead cap hit ( save 16 million ) and 2025 a 7 million Dead cap hit( save 17 million ). Or we can pay his 18 million dollar salary this year for 2 games before he is injured again. No matter how you look at it cutting him is a option a big option. He is 28 years old soon to be 29 and he might turn 29 before he ever gets on the field again. He is a injury prone player that's getting old with a HUGE bloated undeserved contract. He is Injured and the "post" June 1st cut ( Not pre ) saves them way more than had they cut him Pre June 1st. Sure if they cut him next year they save a little more but not if you add in the 18 million dollar salary for 2023.

He is Injured yes but injured players have been cut before and it's not a big deal. I think the hawks are holding onto him till he is healthy anyway then they will do what ever they can to trade him. Diggs and Love are our safeties in 2023. I myself would have loved to keep Neal because he has out performed Jamal every time he got onto the field and was the highest rated safety in 2022. This poor kid deserved to start over Adams.

The best players on the back end of this defense last year was Woolen, Diggs and Neal.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry he graded out as a top 5 safety ( Ryan Neal ) my bad.

Hawks have the 6th smallest cap space right now and need relief. Remember there are some teams over the cap. Cutting Adams gives them the 9th most cap room.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to get Witherspoon ( 1st rd ) and Charbonnet ( 2nd rd ) signed but they are having problems fitting them into the space we have available. A few more high priced players ( at least 3 of the top paid players and those are DK, Diggs and Geno ) will need to restructure or much more likely someone has to be cut.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you all do know that cutting Adams and saving 9 mill this year and eating 14 million in dead cap spread out over the next couple years is better than his 24 million dollar cap hit next year.

If the hawks cut Adams they save 9 million and then in 2024 they have a 7 million dead cap hit ( save 16 million ) and 2025 a 7 million Dead cap hit( save 17 million ). Or we can pay his 18 million dollar salary this year for 2 games before he is injured again. No matter how you look at it cutting him is a option a big option. He is 28 years old soon to be 29 and he might turn 29 before he ever gets on the field again. He is a injury prone player that's getting old with a HUGE bloated undeserved contract. He is Injured and the "post" June 1st cut ( Not pre ) saves them way more than had they cut him Pre June 1st. Sure if they cut him next year they save a little more but not if you add in the 18 million dollar salary for 2023.

He is Injured yes but injured players have been cut before and it's not a big deal. I think the hawks are holding onto him till he is healthy anyway then they will do what ever they can to trade him. Diggs and Love are our safeties in 2023. I myself would have loved to keep Neal because he has out performed Jamal every time he got onto the field and was the highest rated safety in 2022. This poor kid deserved to start over Adams.

The best players on the back end of this defense last year was Woolen, Diggs and Neal.

Mm, please correct me if wrong but don't believe that's how it works. A post 6/1 cut allows you to take 1/3 of the cap hit in the current year and then 2/3 the following of the remaining dead cap. $7M does not get spread over 2023 through 2025... we'd take ~$9M this year, and the remaining $14M in 2024. $14M next year (when it could be $7 and $7M) is substantial and if Adams is ready to go this season, he's still a viable option. Will he be injured again? Most likely... but it's a decent risk for $9M given his on the field play in the right system (especially after Norton's dumbass was fired) is proven.

If it was as you described, Russell Wilson might already be cut :dhd:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok here is the numbers

A pre-June 1st cut
Dead money
$23,890,000
Cap Savings ( None )