• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don’t think Jamal can stay healthy, he’s feeling like a bust of a pickup… Not trying it be a negative Nancy, but he’s been a BAD move for us so far for what we gave up… Wouldn’t surprise me if they released him after June 1st to save cap space , although they most likely won’t because if he’s healthy he can be good …

They can''t cut Adams until he is physically fit.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can''t cut Adams until he is physically fit.
There is rumor they could after June 1st which gives him a couple more months to get healthy, but I don’t think they’re gonna give up on him yet..

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is rumor they could after June 1st which gives him a couple more months to get healthy, but I don’t think they’re gonna give up on him yet..

They can't cut Adams if he is injured. So they can't cut him if he still need a couple more months to get healthy.

They couldn't theoretically get him to agree to an injury settlement but I don't see why he would do that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't cut Adams if he is injured. So they can't cut him if he still need a couple more months to get healthy.

They couldn't theoretically get him to agree to an injury settlement but I don't see why he would do that.
He’s on the mend, running and moving around now, so he’s not far from being back, so the injury thing might not be an issue after June 1st, only time will tell … But again, I doubt they will regardless

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s on the mend, running and moving around now, so he’s not far from being back, so the injury thing might not be an issue after June 1st, only time will tell … But again, I doubt they will regardless

He would need to be taken off the IR/PUP list. I don't even know if they can do that prior to camp. Maybe OTAs?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still can't believe that dork injured himself like that with a clear shot to the QB, unblocked, and missed the sack too boot...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not totally sure on how all the rules work but here is an article…

They speculate that the cap may push them to trade down from the 5 pick. Speculation, but the show they have put on with the the whole gang watching the QBs pro days does make you wonder if they are pumping those QBs in order to get a trade offer from a team in need of a QB.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They speculate that the cap may push them to trade down from the 5 pick. Speculation, but the show they have put on with the the whole gang watching the QBs pro days does make you wonder if they are pumping those QBs in order to get a trade offer from a team in need of a QB.
Yeah that’s a possibility, playing some poker for more picks …

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's possible but that's pretty risky. What happens if no one actually wants to trade up?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Adams would have to pass a physical before he is cut coming off an injury, no?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Adams would have to pass a physical before he is cut coming off an injury, no?

Yes. In fact, I don't think there is any real way to cut him before camp.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible but that's pretty risky. What happens if no one actually wants to trade up?
I could be wrong but I think the cost of the draft doesn't count against the cap until a contract is signed, so Seahawks could simply put off getting rookies signed until after June 1st. Course I'm really not sure if that is the way it works.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but I think the cost of the draft doesn't count against the cap until a contract is signed, so Seahawks could simply put off getting rookies signed until after June 1st. Course I'm really not sure if that is the way it works.

I believe that's correct, Harold... but obviously you want to sign them asap so they can participate in training camp, but I believe you're correct and technically you could sign them into June (although it may not make the player real happy as they want to get paid, especially if the #5 overall). Technically whoever a team drafts has 1 full year on the player rights (nobody else can sign them).

The actual date that all teams must be under the cap is March 17th, so there's no way to sign all our draft picks at this point without restructuring current roster members. If you do go over the cap at this point you can be penalized millions in the following year and lose draft picks I believe.

When I mentioned whether Adams would be cut, I was fully talking a post June cut, there's no way we can cut him before the draft and absorb the full dead cap this year.

It is a little concerning, Seattle at this point is probably in the worst cap situation with effective space - we are just simply paying WAY too much to the safety position:

I would think Lockett would be re-structured or Fant will just be flat out released.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1681678205501.png
Would not be happy with Jordon Addison, Kancy along with Wilson would make for a great pass rushing DL, not sure Kancy would be good vs the run being undersized.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kancey and Wilson would be pretty insane and would make us in theory unstoppable in the pass rush department (imagine marching Jones, Kancey, Wilson and/or Reed out there with Taylor and Adams as money linebacker if he ever figures out how to health? Good God....). That said, there's nothing stopping the opposition from audibling to a run and destroying that whole idea... so that still has to be figured out. But, if you can get a younger Al Woods somewhere in there (sadly Mone is probably out the full season) there could be somethin' to that.

Run stuffers can usually be found pretty late in the draft. Wasn't Red Bryant a 5th rounder?

End of day I really wish Seattle would give up on this stupid 3-4 bullshit... Just go back to the 4-3 Pete... Jones is a great EDGE, Reed is decent as a DT, you can snag two other guys in the draft that will work great in a 4-3, and the weakest position (ILB) is held by Wagner (a position he knows) with Bush as a backup.

I think the transition to the 3-4 was one of the stupidest things Pete has done in his time with Seattle. Oh, and Mafe always did project better as a 4-3 end. He played very well last year, but I think he would've been even better as a 4-3 down DE.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to file this under rumor but feel a lot of Seahawks fans would love this:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not be happy with Jordon Addison, Kancy along with Wilson would make for a great pass rushing DL, not sure Kancy would be good vs the run being undersized.
seeing drafts where they take WR and DB are annoying, in 13(?) drafts they have never taken a DB or WR in the first round.