• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$12m is just too much for the guy. I guess next year we will pine for a LB and they will draft TE instead?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they would have if he was healthy. The praised him a lot but his game always seemed to be average.
I think they thought he could be the leader and heir apparent to Bobby but the role was actually a little too much for him at times. We've been pretty spoiled by HOF caliber play for the past decade along with K.J. out there. Not everyone can be that guy. Pete always praises these guys because that's his way of motivating but I think he secretly knows it's not the right fit and that duplicating prime Bobby and K.J. isn't easy. Especially with with what they had last year with Brooks and Barton.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they thought he could be the leader and heir apparent to Bobby but the role was actually a little too much for him at times. We've been pretty spoiled by HOF caliber play for the past decade along with K.J. out there. Not everyone can be that guy. Pete always praises these guys because that's his way of motivating but I think he secretly knows it's not the right fit and that duplicating prime Bobby and K.J. isn't easy. Especially with with what they had last year with Brooks and Barton.

Pretty accurate and I agree. Personally I think a lot of our success in our run defense over the years was greatly in part due to Bobby. Todd Gurley went on to praise a ton that playing us was tough because of BW.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Bobby was drafted many here did not like the pick. I said he was going to be a stud and a probowl player. A couple of us liked the move, most didn't. None of us guessed he would be a HoF Linebacker.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno is looking a little tubby, if he was 221 pounds before I would guess he is 235 now ( and it's not muscle ). Got that contract then started to eat like a champ!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Bobby was drafted many here did not like the pick. I said he was going to be a stud and a probowl player. A couple of us liked the move, most didn't. None of us guessed he would be a HoF Linebacker.

I was so stoked about that pick. LIterally cheered, which I can't say I've ever done for anyone else. Watched a lot of him in college - kid I knew from my home town played offensive tackle for Utah State while Bobby was there. I was so disappointed that last year was the first year in over a dozen where I wasn't rooting for Bobby every week. Glad he's back.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious but how do you know that? Most of us weren't even here in 2012... On the KFFL message board where a lot of us came from most there were praising the pick of Wagner... I was excited about the pick at the time... Not sure where you're getting your info... You getting it confused with the Turbin pick or are you just trying to find a reason to pat yourself on the back? ;)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious but how do you know that? Most of us weren't even here in 2012... On the KFFL message board where a lot of us came from most there were praising the pick of Wagner... I was excited about the pick at the time... Not sure where you're getting your info... You getting it confused with the Turbin pick or are you just trying to find a reason to pat yourself on the back? ;)

The only pick I remember a lot of consternation about was the Irvin pick.

The draft pundits generally hated that draft but they were generally good with the Wagner pick.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow its been 10 years, I was an espn refugee

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anointed One, JMR and I were originally on the CNNSI boards in the 90s. Then went to Moutfoffsports. Then went KFFL. Then here.

I was CBS during the 2012 draft. Moved over when they shut down their message board.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so stoked about that pick. LIterally cheered, which I can't say I've ever done for anyone else. Watched a lot of him in college - kid I knew from my home town played offensive tackle for Utah State while Bobby was there. I was so disappointed that last year was the first year in over a dozen where I wasn't rooting for Bobby every week. Glad he's back.

ESPN Boards, wish I could find the archive of their old forums. There was like 5 or so of us that liked the pick and dozens of haters saying he was a 2 down only Linebacker. Many of us in here are ESPN forum castoffs. Harold was there back then, He directed many of us to Sportshoopla.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Boards, wish I could find the archive of their old forums. There was like 5 or so of us that liked the pick and dozens of haters saying he was a 2 down only Linebacker. Many of us in here are ESPN forum castoffs. Harold was there back then, He directed many of us to Sportshoopla.

It would be cool to see what was posted on some of those old sites. I had ESPN, but never posted there. CBS was where I did most if not all of my posting. Most of us made our way over here - though Kagezilla didn't, which sucks - he was a quality poster.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty scary @HaroldSeattle , we were posting in the ESPN forums for years before it closed down and that was over 10 years ago LMAO... im fooking getting old.....

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hope some other players see this and understand that there is a give and take to a teams success. You don't have to look no farther than Tom Brady to see that star players taking a reduction or pay cut can have a huge effect on the quality of your team. You also need a good staff in place to take advantage of those savings.

Jamal Adams cap number is the largest hit on the team and he 100% should take a pay cut, then you got Diggs just 10K behind Adams but he has played close to the level of his contract, Adams has not even been close. After that you have to drop WAY down to DK and Nwosu, then Lockett and Geno but i don't know if they have all ready reduced Lockett's numbers yet.

Jamal should 100% take a pay cut with out a doubt and if he refuses to then just cut bait and move on. To me that means he is not a team player at all. He has missed so much time he could be charged for stealing! Someone in his position that has played less than 50% of his teams games ( including playoffs ) should with out hesitation take one for the team. That trade is looking like one of the worst in team history. ( I say it is the worst )