• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL's top 100 list is just getting more stupid. Lamar Jackson is NOT the 2nd best player let alone the best QB in football. Also How can Woolen make the list but Witherspoon not make it when he was rated Higher than Woolen in the top 20 CB's list? Hell Woolen didn't even make the top 20 CB list.

Don't get me wrong i like Woolen a lot but lets be real, last year Witherspoon was a BEAST and in my eyes the best player on our deffense for the 2023 season. Even better than Bobby who came in at 59 with the sympathy votes or something. Bobby played well enough on the field to make it in ( like in that 100-90 range ) but 59 and no Witherspoon? nah man thats not right.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL's top 100 list is just getting more stupid. Lamar Jackson is NOT the 2nd best player let alone the best QB in football. Also How can Woolen make the list but Witherspoon not make it when he was rated Higher than Woolen in the top 20 CB's list? Hell Woolen didn't even make the top 20 CB list.

Don't get me wrong i like Woolen a lot but lets be real, last year Witherspoon was a BEAST and in my eyes the best player on our deffense for the 2023 season. Even better than Bobby who came in at 59 with the sympathy votes or something. Bobby played well enough on the field to make it in ( like in that 100-90 range ) but 59 and no Witherspoon? nah man thats not right.

Those top 100 lists are always dumb as fuck. Let me guess, they had Sauce THE GRAB Gardner top 10?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those top 100 lists are always dumb as fuck. Let me guess, they had Sauce THE GRAB Gardner top 10?
It was entertaining the first 2 or 3 times they did it. I haven't watched in probably 4 years.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Phew.

Probably a nagging injury from that Simmons hit. Why is it Seattle always forces a rule change? Seattle literally created the need for replay/review calls and now that hit on Geno is an auto ejection... I swear we always get the short end of it. I guess when the NFL is like, "Well it happened to Seattle... God forbid it happens to one of our major markets."

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Phew.

Probably a nagging injury from that Simmons hit. Why is it Seattle always forces a rule change? Seattle literally created the need for replay/review calls and now that hit on Geno is an auto ejection... I swear we always get the short end of it. I guess when the NFL is like, "Well it happened to Seattle... God forbid it happens to one of our major markets."

Seattle is in the top half of the NFL for Market size and thats lowballing them ( 14th ). They also get portlands market North Idaho's Market and Southern BC which are not included in their market size. Yet they Give the cal teams all the same market when We all know for a fact that Seattle has a larger market than the Chargers. The Chargers are rated 4th because of the LA Market but thats just them ignoring that most do not watch or support the Chargers in LA. Hell Half of the people in LA dont support the Rams they are either Dallas fans or San Fran fans. I use to lived their 4 to 5 months out of every year.

To prove how you can't ever go off the market size is that the Cards have a larger market than Seattle HAHAHAH BS. How they rate a teams market is a little broken to be honest. You can just grab it from the population you have to add in ( or subtract ) the popularity also.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell the Seahawks are ranked as #7 in the NFL by fan support numbers and TV draw. Just behind the 49ers ( by like 200,000 ) and GB ( by 400,000 )

#7 Seahawks 10.2 million
#6 San Fran 10.4 million
#5 GB 10.6 million.

These numbers should 100% be used in the market value situation also as you can't use area population for something that is now a global market. How they do it now is SO outdated. No longer can you judge a market that way with the Internet. It's so 1970's.

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, all these lists, rankings and predictors are stupid at the best of times. It really doesn't matter if it's the players (most of them dumb as a sack of rocks anyway), the talking heads in media or the fantasy football nerds. It's all just stupid nonsense and especially in pre-season. I basically ignore most of it because it's meaningless.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a huge signing for us. This guy is legit. Still have to wait and see how our guards pan out and hope that Lucas can get and stay healthy but really glad to see the trenches being addressed. Sadly, it means we may not see what Oluwatimi can or can't do.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a huge signing for us. This guy is legit. Still have to wait and see how our guards pan out and hope that Lucas can get and stay healthy but really glad to see the trenches being addressed. Sadly, it means we may not see what Oluwatimi can or can't do.

Well, it may be he's a longer term answer and Williams just signs a 1 year prove it deal with Seattle (whether Seattle decides to resign or not is probably how much Oluwatimi improves).

RG we should be fine with Haynes. Haynes had a TON of experience at RG in College... he was the best natural RG in the draft. He's a day 1 plug... Bradford I'd like to see get reps at LG because he's just a beast of a man... you need a mauler at LG and he is that... I think where Williams gets attractive is because he'd be able to help Bradford/Haynes tremendously.. I'm sure Tomlinson will get the nod at the starting LG position, but I'd be curious to try Bradford there if Tomlinson gets injured or we get the Jets (and not 9ers) version of him.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark you make me laugh, You don't sign a Guy that was injured the season before to a longer contract. He was hurt in December and yes he passed his physical but that doesn't mean he is healed. Remember Jamal Adams passed his physical and still sat out something like 6 games because he wasn't fully healed. With pre existing injuries on a player you test everything else on them ( Not the injured area ) and then have the doctors look at the injury they are recovering from to check if it is indeed healing right ( if not fully healed ). If it is healing he passes, if there is more that needs to be done ( surgery or healing wrong) they fail.

If your Team is stupid they do a longer 2+ year contract on a Injured player.
If your team is smart they do a 1 year prove it deal.

This is how it almost ALWAYS works.

The Hawks now can see what happens, He either plays lights out and they try and resign him or he doesn't and they let him walk OR he reinjures himself and they again let him walk, or lol he plays poorly and they let him walk. Or he is just average and they get him for cheaper or let them walk. As you can see the numbers lean to a 1 year prove it deal, anything more is stupid and to risky.

So I will pat you on the back and say "Good job for not being foolish" :thumb:

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we get to see how our Guards turn out because thats where we are hurting on the oline. Also RT is still a question mark with Lucas. so 3/5ths of the oline is still an unanswered question. You could say there is still 5 unaswered questions on the Oline. Cross needs to play better and so far they say he looks great and we still have to see on Williams.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark you make me laugh, You don't sign a Guy that was injured the season before to a longer contract. He was hurt in December and yes he passed his physical but that doesn't mean he is healed. Remember Jamal Adams passed his physical and still sat out something like 6 games because he wasn't fully healed. With pre existing injuries on a player you test everything else on them ( Not the injured area ) and then have the doctors look at the injury they are recovering from to check if it is indeed healing right ( if not fully healed ). If it is healing he passes, if there is more that needs to be done ( surgery or healing wrong) they fail.

Yes screamin'... it was not at all hard to predict he was going to sign a 1 year prove it deal with someone... Obviously I was making a joke but also reporting that we did in fact sign him, which is great! I think with him and Haynes our IOL gets a huge boost... and I think Cross will be fine. Cross is still only 23, and was playing injured for a portion of last year. I think this will be his breakout year. Right tackle is still an issue but we did sign Fant who did okay last year. My hope is Tomlinson returns to San Fran form... I think Haynes should 100% start at RG. He's played there all his life and is an older rookie.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Haynes too but from what I've seen, it would seem Bradford is at the top of the depth chart. Could change by the start of the season though.

Yah perhaps... I mean Bradford played some left tackle in College, I think also right tackle a tiny bit (maybe like a game or two) and then obviously mostly right guard... maybe he's made great strides, but if the case I really don't understand why we drafted Haynes because all Haynes has done is RG for like 4 straight years with a quite extensive NCAAF career... Haynes also should've been a 2nd round pick. We just got lucky he fell to us and everyone was drafting offense like mad in the draft lol.

I could see Bradford moving to maybe RT or LG as opposed to Haynes. Unless Bradford has just completely turned it on this offseason, I don't see how Bradford gets the starting nod. He showed some good flashes last year but the bad was BAAAAD. At times he literally got blown up or thrown off (incl. the Pitts game where we had a chance but he literally got beat and forced Geno to throw a bad pass which ended the game).

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the team practiced will full pads and a few fights broke out. I'm sure a lot of you are like me in thinking it's about damn time this started happening again. It was fairly common in the LOB days. Nobody got injured but the boys had a real edge and word has it, some of the guys involved had a great practice afterward. There will be talk about DK throwing his helmet at Trey Brown when they got into it but Corbin Smith was saying that DK tried to back away but Brown said or did something that set him off. We are all well ware of DKs temper but MacDonald stopped practice and addressed the team after and supposedly DK stepped up and addressed the whole team as well. This is a welcome sign, imo. We really haven't seen this type of intensity for a few years. X's and O's is one thing and that still has to play out but it's football and I hope they play on the edge like this all year. I fucking love it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With offenses using the 11 personnel more than any other formation is the reason that "Slot" CB's that can also slide to the outside are so important. This is why Witherspoon is a GREAT addition to the team even for a high first round pick. He was 100% worth it. 61% of the time teams are in the 11 personnel set and the Rams used it 94% of the time. 22 of 32 teams use the 11 personnel more than 61%. Nickel is the new base defense.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With offenses using the 11 personnel more than any other formation is the reason that "Slot" CB's that can also slide to the outside are so important. This is why Witherspoon is a GREAT addition to the team even for a high first round pick. He was 100% worth it. 61% of the time teams are in the 11 personnel set and the Rams used it 94% of the time. 22 of 32 teams use the 11 personnel more than 61%. Nickel is the new base defense.
Outside the amazing play making abilities, Witherspoon's diversity made him even more of an asset... I can't wait to see how he does in his second season... I have a feeling him and JSN are going to have very good seasons...