• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cross isn't even ranked in the top 32 for tackles ( Both left and right ) If he doesn't step up this year and play better it will be a mild bust pick. He isn't even in the top 20 for Left tackles. Thats not good for a #9 pick. maybe im being harder on him than I should because i wanted Hamilton.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want a Average back end, got it. Love is servicable yes and he had a pretty good year last year but he can be upgraded. Should have grabbed Hamilton when we had the chance in 2022. In my eyes Cross has not played to the level of a 9th Pick. Lucas has out performed him when on the field. Now with Hindsight I would 100% take him over Cross.

People seem to forget when you got dog shit on the back end then you replace with ham and cheese and it looks WAY better that doesn't mean they are Great. It's like a average player playing on a team with no talent how it makes that average player look like a stud. Love is servicable yes he is a Bradley McDougald type. He can be upgraded but is more than sevicable as he has his moments. Time will tell if he is a flash in the pan.

What I'm saying is a better front end probably makes a better back end. If teams are rushing all over you for 5+ YPC and the QB has 4-5 seconds to throw, I don't care how good your safety is. You're getting torched somewhere.

Yes, of course you could improve a lot of positions... I'm saying we have a LOT of secondary depth and some guys that are DBs/CBs that could probably switch to safety. Spending resources on that when we just spent resources (cap/salary) on another safety seems ridiculous.

Cross had some good flashes as a rookie. He was 21 btw when drafted, and then had to play with a nagging injury last year... and a crap interior OL as Lewis mailed it in, Brown sucked, Bradford was a disaster, and Lucas went out. He improved last year (despite injury) and is becoming a better pass blocker.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cross had some good flashes as a rookie. He was 21 btw when drafted, and then had to play with a nagging injury last year... and a crap interior OL as Lewis mailed it in, Brown sucked, Bradford was a disaster, and Lucas went out. He improved last year (despite injury) and is becoming a better pass blocker.

He is no where near where he needs to be for the 9th pick in the draft and many looked at him as the best LT in the 2022 draft. He shows flashes of good play and then flashes of some pretty poor play. Forsythe was graded out as a 75 in 2023 and Cross was only 1 point ahead of him, that speaks volumes. ( Not PFF grades btw but SI's )

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is no where near where he needs to be for the 9th pick in the draft and many looked at him as the best LT in the 2022 draft. He shows flashes of good play and then flashes of some pretty poor play. Forsythe was graded out as a 75 in 2023 and Cross was only 1 point ahead of him, that speaks volumes. ( Not PFF grades btw but SI's )

I really don't get WTF you're trying to argue at this point screamin....

This started out as I don't agree safety is a huge need and there are other positions at OL, DL, ILB that are more important. Then in post 1,021 you want off on a complete tangent that Cross is somehow not good enough (which whatever, hence me saying OL, DL, ILB are more important). I defended that saying he's young (he had some work to do coming out of College, this was acknowledged by everyone) but now you're flipping out on somehow an above average LT starter at 23 years of age is a problem.

And then you assume that I didn't want a good defensive backend (safeties) which is not true because we're fairly deep at the position and just spent money on Love, and if you've paid attention for the years we've both been posting on this forum I value safety play more than the average fan. Blair as I said was likely brought in because Reed was out. And Blair has great potential (as I said) - guy just can't stay healthy... maybe (as I also said) he found the fountain of youth.

I'm not sure where the hell you're going today, mah dude... Not really sure how the hell to respond to you at this point.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't get WTF you're trying to argue at this point screamin....

This started out as I don't agree safety is a huge need and there are other positions at OL, DL, ILB that are more important. Then in post 1,021 you want off on a complete tangent that Cross is somehow not good enough (which whatever, hence me saying OL, DL, ILB are more important). I defended that saying he's young (he had some work to do coming out of College, this was acknowledged by everyone) but now you're flipping out on somehow an above average LT starter at 23 years of age is a problem.

And then you assume that I didn't want a good defensive backend (safeties) which is not true because we're fairly deep at the position and just spent money on Love, and if you've paid attention for the years we've both been posting on this forum I value safety play more than the average fan. Blair as I said was likely brought in because Reed was out. And Blair has great potential (as I said) - guy just can't stay healthy... maybe (as I also said) he found the fountain of youth.

I'm not sure where the hell you're going today, mah dude... Not really sure how the hell to respond to you at this point.

It wasnt a tangent at all it is a discussion, you must have read into it wrong. Maybe thats why you are confussed because you thought it was argumentative lol. Just a back and forth is all. I just expected much more from Cross than we are getting. He is like the 28th ranked LT in the NFL and i expected MUCH more from him. I like Love also and was glad when he was out there and not Adams I just think we can do better.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasnt a tangent at all it is a discussion, you must have read into it wrong. Maybe thats why you are confussed because you thought it was argumentative lol. Just a back and forth is all. I just expected much more from Cross than we are getting. He is like the 28th ranked LT in the NFL and i expected MUCH more from him. I like Love also and was glad when he was out there and not Adams I just think we can do better.

You brought Cross out of nowhere... we were talking about safeties and where I didn't think we needed one and needed OL and then you just randomly brought up Cross and why he wasn't worth the #9 overall pick.

Are you really implying a safety is more important than a franchise left tackle? You're out of your fuckin' mind dude. And if where you're going is Captain Hindsight mode, you're dismissed.

Safeties were also WIDELY available this free agency and not getting massive contracts. You know who wasn't available? Young talented OTs who played on a completely shit OL as one of the youngest in the league.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want a Average back end, got it. Love is servicable yes and he had a pretty good year last year but he can be upgraded. Should have grabbed Hamilton when we had the chance in 2022. In my eyes Cross has not played to the level of a 9th Pick. Lucas has out performed him when on the field. Now with Hindsight I would 100% take him over Cross.

People seem to forget when you got dog shit on the back end then you replace with ham and cheese and it looks WAY better that doesn't mean they are Great. It's like a average player playing on a team with no talent how it makes that average player look like a stud. Love is servicable yes he is a Bradley McDougald type. He can be upgraded but is more than sevicable as he has his moments. Time will tell if he is a flash in the pan.
Cmon man, taking safety top 10 over LT? Are you on crack?