• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could pick a player or 2 but I do believe with a new era of football minds on both sides I think we'll see improved play on both sides of the ball. Of course it's still a work in progress so I'm not saying SB here we come but WC contention if the lines can stay healthy and Walker also staying healthy. Geno I think can also preform better under Grubb's system.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could pick a player or 2 but I do believe with a new era of football minds on both sides I think we'll see improved play on both sides of the ball. Of course it's still a work in progress so I'm not saying SB here we come but WC contention if the lines can stay healthy and Walker also staying healthy. Geno I think can also preform better under Grubb's system.

I think the team being in WC contention is the top end this coming season, The very best they could do. To much will be changing and it's going to take a little time before the players are just playing and not thinking to much, in other words they are comfortable and are just reacting. This always costs you a few games. I'll make a guess that the defense will look improved but will be in that 19-24 range. The offense is something i can't even make a guess on. One of our biggest issues last year was we didn't run the ball. It's not like we couldn't we just didn't. Grubb's running offense is a 2nd thought in his design so i worry A LOT about it. Lets be real the Huskies were ranked 200th in rushing last year but 100th in attempts. TWO HUNDREDTH! lol Thats not inspiring.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the team being in WC contention is the top end this coming season, The very best they could do. To much will be changing and it's going to take a little time before the players are just playing and not thinking to much, in other words they are comfortable and are just reacting. This always costs you a few games. I'll make a guess that the defense will look improved but will be in that 19-24 range. The offense is something i can't even make a guess on. One of our biggest issues last year was we didn't run the ball. It's not like we couldn't we just didn't. Grubb's running offense is a 2nd thought in his design so i worry A LOT about it. Lets be real the Huskies were ranked 200th in rushing last year but 100th in attempts. TWO HUNDREDTH! lol Thats not inspiring.
Agreed the WC being top end which I'm fine with. The rebuild of the defense needs another year or two of solid draft picks. The offense should be more productive as I like to believe Grubb has a better philosophy on how to run an offense and yes hopefully can get a run game going.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed the WC being top end which I'm fine with. The rebuild of the defense needs another year or two of solid draft picks. The offense should be more productive as I like to believe Grubb has a better philosophy on how to run an offense and yes hopefully can get a run game going.
WC as our ceiling is hard to argue at this point.... If we don't reach the postseason, I could see us having a higher TO on this team than we've had in a while... After a year of reviewing the players on the roster, Mike's going to want to get HIS players that fit his system imo... I think we're still 2-3 years away from being a serious contender...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WC as our ceiling is hard to argue at this point.... If we don't reach the postseason, I could see us having a higher TO on this team than we've had in a while... After a year of reviewing the players on the roster, Mike's going to want to get HIS players that fit his system imo... I think we're still 2-3 years away from being a serious contender...
Agreed