• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Eskridge lands on the PS, I guess this closes the book on one of the worst 2nd round picks I can remember. The guy just must be an absolute meathead to get so little out of so much physical ability. I can't say I'm totally caught off guard by this move -- just disappointed at missing so badly on such an early pick.

On the whole, no big surprises I would say on the roster cuts. I agree it's a bit odd to see Barrett added via trade then cut just a few days later, but of course he can be a PS guy. I am bummed to see Rhattigan not make it for obvious reasons, but he's really just a ST role player type and may also stick on the PS.

Let's get this party started!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Eskridge lands on the PS, I guess this closes the book on one of the worst 2nd round picks I can remember. The guy just must be an absolute meathead to get so little out of so much physical ability. I can't say I'm totally caught off guard by this move -- just disappointed at missing so badly on such an early pick.
Yeah, for the most part, our 2nd rounders have usually panned out for us... The other most recent pick that was a flop was Marquise Blair... You could put C. Michael in that category as well... But outside of that, we have a pretty good track record so far w/ our 2nd rounders...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Rhattigan and Sheriff were claimed off waivers by the Panthers...

D. Eskridge signed to the Dolphins practice squad

Hawks signed LB, Tyreke Smith, Marquise Blair, Artie Burns, J. Westover to our PS...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Rhattigan and Sheriff were claimed off waivers by the Panthers...

D. Eskridge signed to the Dolphins practice squad

Hawks signed LB, Tyreke Smith, Marquise Blair, Artie Burns, J. Westover to our PS...

Bummer about Sheriff. He showed some promise.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer about Sheriff. He showed some promise.

He sure did, i figured that was the reason they traded Taylor away was to keep him. When he was cut i pretty much figured someone was going to snag him. He was a bright spot on our defense this year in preseason.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure did, i figured that was the reason they traded Taylor away was to keep him. When he was cut i pretty much figured someone was going to snag him. He was a bright spot on our defense this year in preseason.

Agreed, he did some good stuff. But pretty sure he was WAY overweight.. I don't think he would've kept up as well in Mike's very active defense. He's kind of too small for a DE but too big for a 3-4...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's far from the off-season at this point, but looks like the team is wearing the 90s throwbacks for week 1. I really wish they would just make those the standard uniforms. I like the brighter blue and more tribal looking logo. Fired up to see what this team looks like with Coach Mac. I'll be watching in my RV from somewhere in the fat part of Idaho...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, he did some good stuff. But pretty sure he was WAY overweight.. I don't think he would've kept up as well in Mike's very active defense. He's kind of too small for a DE but too big for a 3-4...
Avril was 6 foot 3 and 260, Sheriff was scouted at 6-2 254 but the camp report said 265. I wouldn't say he is to small for a DE. His 27 reps at 225 is nice to showing he is a powerful guy. Just sucks the Panthers snagged him but hell If i was a HC out there and needed some depth at DE I would have snagged him also. He 100% looked the part. Can't judge a book by it's cover, Aaron Donald and many others have proved that over the years. NO WAY this was based off his size, also not off his production. Something we are not seeing.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeeJay Dallas now the answer to a trivia question: Who was the first player to return a KO for a TD in the dynamic kickoff era?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeeJay Dallas now the answer to a trivia question: Who was the first player to return a KO for a TD in the dynamic kickoff era?

Interesting that he had a 2 yard return and a 96 yard return in the same game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Bobby Wagner prime on this defense......... :(

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda happy for him. Never was a fan of using him on 3rd downs here but happy he got a shot somewhere and has a little success. He's sort of a lunch pail type of guy. Just shows up and works. I can relate.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Bobby Wagner prime on this defense......... :(
Yeah, I'm kinda wishing Bobby would have just retired. I love the guy but he just doesn't have the wheels anymore. Hate it when great players keep hanging on looking for an old spark that just isn't there anymore. Need him to call it quits so we can get him in the ring of honor and fitted for the gold jacket and bust.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we may not be facing Tua week 3....

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we may not be facing Tua week 3....
Going into the season, I was hoping our defense would get Tua and now would like that even more. I always believed our secondary could do what the Bills did to Hill and Waddle and our guys up front would get pressure. And Tua would be pedestrian vs. MacDonald's schemes. I had that game as a win going into the season and still do. I never believed in the Dolphins despite all that speed. They don't play tough football and only beat up on also rans.
If it's now Thompson, it will be a long day for them because he just isn't an NFL caliber QB. Any new QB they bring in likely would have a dumb downed playbook. Their speed running game is the only real concern I would have.I also think their defense is below average and would struggle with our run game and weapons. This was my thought before their injury woes and now it's reinforced. But our guys need a dub at NE and hopefully come out of this Sunday relatively healthy. The Pats are going to test us physically, I believe. The Dolphins not so much. I'm not counting my chickens but I would love for our boys to be 3-0 going into Detroit.