• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, after what happened with Adams (namely the just flat out release and eating the dead cap) I highly doubt Williams is getting a big contract. Sadly I think the team is in a bit of rebuild mode. There are pieces there that we acquired from the RW trade, but I think at the same time MacDonald wants to evaluate those players... If they have a rebound season (for Cross, Lucas namely) and we can develop some of the other picks (I pray to God Hall) fine, let's have the cap cleared to resign...

I don't want to say this season is thrown away by any stretch, but it's obviously (with all the FO changes) a rebuild. Mac is now the youngest HC in the NFL... it's not like he's going anywhere anytime soon... I think it's clear the books, bring in some youth, establish what you can, stop making dumbass trades (I do have to blame Schneider in part for that, although Pete had full control with Adams), and see where you can land in 2025.
Yeah Pete pushed for the trades but JS negotiated the contracts so he is culpable to some degree. It is a rebuild going on or should I say is back on. Pete ( and maybe JS) were clearly delusional about where the rebuild was at last season. Clearing out bad contracts is a good start. I feel going young is the way to proceed as this could take two season to rebuild the roster so to me it makes no sense to sign expensive aging players who's value two years from now will expire thus why I was against signing Geno and have doubts it is wise to sign Williams TBH, rather search for a younger model in free agency or the draft who value will hopefully rise in a couple of season and cheaper to boot.
In any case this off season is full of possibilities both good and bad and really peaks our interest. Fun to be a Seahawk fan once again. I find myself searching high and low for anything Seahawks related daily, listen to various opinions about how the Seahawks should proceed on ytube sites and twitter and NBC edge player news (formerly rotoworld) for news. I'm retired now so needed this as a hobby LOL.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Pete pushed for the trades but JS negotiated the contracts so he is culpable to some degree. It is a rebuild going on or should I say is back on. Pete ( and maybe JS) were clearly delusional about where the rebuild was at last season. Clearing out bad contracts is a good start. I feel going young is the way to proceed as this could take two season to rebuild the roster so to me it makes no sense to sign expensive aging players who's value two years from now will expire thus why I was against signing Geno and have doubts it is wise to sign Williams TBH, rather search for a younger model in free agency or the draft who value will hopefully rise in a couple of season and cheaper to boot.
In any case this off season is full of possibilities both good and bad and really peaks our interest. Fun to be a Seahawk fan once again. I find myself searching high and low for anything Seahawks related daily, listen to various opinions about how the Seahawks should proceed on ytube sites and twitter and NBC edge player news (formerly rotoworld) for news. I'm retired now so needed this as a hobby LOL.
Get a job with the grounds crew and sneak around VMac to get us the info

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or grab a QB since that position doesn't come cheap either and I don't think Lock will be super cheap.

Well he has not did enough to prove he is worth a lot. Yes he has shown enough to where people might be peaked a little but how much is that worth? To me he looks to have grown and i like his laser bolt deep throws better than Geno's style. Also i like how strong he is and seems tougher to bring down. He also has that moxie ( Courage and determination definition ).

Still is Lock worth more than 5mill a year right now? He made like 4 mill last season and is worth keeping around for 4 million in todays NFL. The prices of QB's across the board is rising and 5 mill or less for Lock i'm bring him back. We don't know what Macdanold thinks of Lock though. He may and very well could cut bait but JS likes him and is why he put him into the trade deal.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has not did enough to prove he is worth a lot. Yes he has shown enough to where people might be peaked a little but how much is that worth? To me he looks to have grown and i like his laser bolt deep throws better than Geno's style. Also i like how strong he is and seems tougher to bring down. He also has that moxie ( Courage and determination definition ).

Still is Lock worth more than 5mill a year right now? He made like 4 mill last season and is worth keeping around for 4 million in todays NFL. The prices of QB's across the board is rising and 5 mill or less for Lock i'm bring him back. We don't know what Macdanold thinks of Lock though. He may and very well could cut bait but JS likes him and is why he put him into the trade deal.

Eh, he's had a few years to sit, he did pretty decent in the Philly game. I think that'll get some looks. I think honestly Seattle should move on... if he hasn't won the starting job by now, it's over IMO... course Geno took over a decade to win the starting job and has done IMO pretty damn good since lol.

I dunno screamin... WOULD FREE AGENCY AND THE DRAFT JUST FUCKING GET HERE ALREADY!?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harold.. I love you, but you're not going to be the starting QB for Seattle in 2024...

Jokes aside, interesting post. Do Schneider/Macdonald really have a QB they're targeting?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold.. I love you, but you're not going to be the starting QB for Seattle in 2024...

Jokes aside, interesting post. Do Schneider/Macdonald really have a QB they're targeting?
Good draft for QBs so I think there are a couple of QBs they would like to draft if things fall right.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're actually keeping Eskridge... ???? good fucking lord.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're actually keeping Eskridge... ???? good fucking lord.
For the moment. Not much in cap space to be saved by cutting him and they already have a lot openings on the roster. I would guess if they like a UDFA at WR enough they will cut him, but we are talking small potatoes here.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the moment. Not much in cap space to be saved by cutting him and they already have a lot openings on the roster. I would guess if they like a UDFA at WR enough they will cut him, but we are talking small potatoes here.

For the moment... FOR THE MOMENT.

Are we going to send him first class with C4 charges on him to the RAMS!? Okay I know that's dark.. but ARE WE!?

Also Harold, you could like or emote one of my posts from time to time. It would ensure you are a human. I like your posts! GOD DAMMIT!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Sir Harold... I can rest peacefully tonight.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the moment... FOR THE MOMENT.

Are we going to send him first class with C4 charges on him to the RAMS!? Okay I know that's dark.. but ARE WE!?

Also Harold, you could like or emote one of my posts from time to time. It would ensure you are a human. I like your posts! GOD DAMMIT!

The move doesn't cost us any money and we can still dump him. Seems like smart business.

Who knows maybe Grubb can actually get something from him since PC and SW saw him only as a bubble/jet screen guy

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The move doesn't cost us any money and we can still dump him. Seems like smart business.

Who knows maybe Grubb can actually get something from him since PC and SW saw him only as a bubble/jet screen guy

Possible, I dunno at this point flyer... I don't think anybody has a clue on what the QB situation is until a couple weeks from now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible, I dunno at this point flyer... I don't think anybody has a clue on what the QB situation is until a couple weeks from now.

I'm not going to really worry about the QB situation until something happens. Far more likely that we have Geno under center in September than someone else.

If it changes I'm all for it

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like there are ongoing negotiations on extending williams, havent seen that mentioned here

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll guess 3rd or 4th round

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Sir Harold... I can rest peacefully tonight.
killer whale dinner GIF by BBC Earth