• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 6th for adams i imagine

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, no big names will be signed that's sort of how JS operates, which is fine. With the price tags of free agents teams that want to sign big names are forced to pay big dollars. 50 million to spend isn't a whole lot now a days when looking at the market prices.

I saw somewhere that Damien Lewis is likely going to fetch $15m per. That's scary.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw somewhere that Damien Lewis is likely going to fetch $15m per. That's scary.

It is but he is a Dependable G who is good at what he does.

In a Era where OL are becoming a underrated Valuable piece

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news:

Sounds like Seattle is just ripping off the Band-Aid now with Adams. Dissly and Diggs is a no brainer, we knew that was happening, but instead of doing the post 6/1 cut and getting another $8M or so... Seattle is just taking it on the chin now.

End of day I think it's the right move. Kicking another $10M dead cap into next year is just postponing the problem. Not sure what we'll do with Lockett but that should give us a clean start to next year with a sizeable amount of cap available if we move on from Geno.

EDIT: Actually it appears Adams will be a 6/1 release, per Spotrac... hmm, interesting.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K so ESPN was right and Spotrac was wrong... not post 6/1 cut.... maybe Spotrac was just speculating. Seattle is indeed ripping the Band-Aid off... I like that more frankly... let's just end the pain and suffering of those contracts and be able to start fresh.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
June 6th for adams i imagine

Breaking news:

Sounds like Seattle is just ripping off the Band-Aid now with Adams. Dissly and Diggs is a no brainer, we knew that was happening, but instead of doing the post 6/1 cut and getting another $8M or so... Seattle is just taking it on the chin now.

End of day I think it's the right move. Kicking another $10M dead cap into next year is just postponing the problem. Not sure what we'll do with Lockett but that should give us a clean start to next year with a sizeable amount of cap available if we move on from Geno.

EDIT: Actually it appears Adams will be a 6/1 release, per Spotrac... hmm, interesting.
According to Dan Viens Adams was outright cut, no June 1st designation. Also in regard to Mone the Seahawks will need to come to a injury settlement as his knee is toast and he won't pass a physical.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K so ESPN was right and Spotrac was wrong... not post 6/1 cut.... maybe Spotrac was just speculating. Seattle is indeed ripping the Band-Aid off... I like that more frankly... let's just end the pain and suffering of those contracts and be able to start fresh.
:ninja:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news:

No surprises there, tbh. They had to move on from the Adams debacle and Diggs basically fell off a cliff last season. I knew those two would be cut to save cap space and with a new coach in who seems to be able to turn average safeties into potential pro-bowlers, why not use that money elsewhere, right? Kinda figured on Dissley too. Just not enough footballs to go around and he is the odd man out. I liked the kid but between the injuries and inability to be a difference maker, might as well save a few bucks there.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Dan Viens Adams was outright cut, no June 1st designation. Also in regard to Mone the Seahawks will need to come to an injury settlement as his knee is toast and he won't pass a physical.
Thank God … Jamal trade might go down as the worst trade in Seahawks history…

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God … Jamal trade might go down as the worst trade in Seahawks history…

I can't think of one worse... 2 1st round picks (one of which turned into Garrett Wilson - they used the third to move up for a guard who has been decent but injury prone) and then that ridiculous contract.

Wilson was probably worse for the Broncos (given that insane dead cap) but at least that was for a QB... not a safety.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would say nobody is safe when your defense was ranked bottom in the league. I feel with Mike Mcdonald being a defensive minded coach that there will be major changes to the defense this offseason.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would say nobody is safe when your defense was ranked bottom in the league. I feel with Mike Mcdonald being a defensive minded coach that there will be major changes to the defense this offseason.

Yah. What's interesting is now we have a pretty sizeable hole at safety, because MacDonald liked to use 3 safeties in Balti... all of those guys had about 500-600 snaps each. Geno Stone (safety) is a free agent from Baltimore this year though, maybe MacDonald tries to lure him over. That would fill 1 of the 2 holes (Love I would imagine will stick around, he was playing solid as the year went on). I could see Bryant as a nickel safety or SS but not a free safety...

Now I will say, we all knew Diggs and Adams were gone. Both those guys were due over $20M in cap hit and some of the worst starting safeties in the league last year... so it's not like this is NOW a shock, I'm just stating matter of fact is as of now the hole is there lol. It would've been interesting had both these guys stayed healthy. You could tell Adams was completely mailing it in last year... he wasn't engaging on any hits... and just walking out there... that injury that could've been life altering I think really just ended his willingness to play. Diggs kind of the same. Diggs was doing pretty damn good before his injury...

Had Adams stayed healthy, I think MacDonald would've been perfect for him... he would've played Adams just like he was using his 3 safeties in Balti where Adams would've been on the LOS and UP every down, with no responsibility to cover deep...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of interesting to see who is rising and who is falling on draft boards. At QB McCarthy been shooting up on boards and Maye stock seems to be going down. JS interviewed both Daniels and Maye at the combine with the explanation that you never know if a player will fall. What do you all think of Maye as a QB? Would you want to see the Seahawks move up some to draft him or would you want the Seahawks to hold tight and hope he falls to them or would you simply pass on him if he is still on the board like they did with Levis?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one of McCarthy, Nix, or Maye are going to be there at 16... Schneider has a strong track record with evaluating QB talent, so if he feels there's a guy... I'm fine moving up...

But we have serious holes at (and these are STARTERS - yes I know free agency isn't here yet):

Safety (MacDonald likes to run a 3 safety system, unless they 'convert' someone, we have ONE).
ILB
IOL
DL
TE

With only 7 picks (no 2nd rounder) I dunno if we can afford to move up for a QB... really going to depend on what Atlanta does with Cousins and where Wilson ends up. Wilson is not going to play for a team where he wont start... and given he's going to be cheap as F for 2 more seasons, there's no reason for a team that is a playoff contender not to start him while maybe taking a QB later in the draft...

As for Maye, PFF with their draft profile has him pretty highly rated in most categories. His knock is a little bit of accuracy and progression, but mostly good in every other area. If Maye fell to like 10 or something, I'd be fine trading a future 1st and one of our 3rds for him if he was around the 10 range (meaning Atlanta passed on him, leaping the Vikings). Seattle would have to give up an INSANE amount to go from #16 to #3... like Geno + 2024/2025/2026 1st, 2024/2025 2nd, 2024 3rd... it'd be insane.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erm, and when I say a future 1st and one of our 3rds, obviously I mean our 2024 1st as well... so 2024/2025 1st and a 3rd... that seems about right to go from 16 to 9-10 for a QB, also meant 2024 3rd, we don't have a 2nd... you'd be sabotaging the entire draft.

TE, S, ILB are not that great in this class so who knows... DL and IOL are pretty deep though.

Also moving on From Geno is pretty much impossible at the moment. You lose $13M, and I doubt any team is taking ON the dead cap if you're packaging him... I see Seattle staying put at 16 and if a QB is there Schneider likes, grab him. I don't see Seattle moving up at ALL (not to #3 for sure). Geno is our QB in 2024.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes there are lots of holes to fill despite using all the draft capitol from the RW trade to "restock" the roster and make due at QB. Think JS is considering all options in the draft. Moving up, moving down, maybe both at different points in the draft.Trading away that second for a rental is really painful especially with the number of needs. I expect a bunch of relatively inexpensive FA signing at various positions like safety, LBs, DL and OL, that way the team has some insurance going into the draft in case they end up not being able to draft a player at some position of need. So no comp pick if Williams signs with another team. Seahawks will be limited on how high they can go with Williams given their overall needs.
I'm not against moving up some, for say Maye, but the ideally they move back just a little, pick up a second and are still able to draft the QB of the future. Course some team has to be willing to make the move up to 16 and make it worth it, not sure that will be the case TBH. Going to be a ton of suspense this draft for us Seahawks fans.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah. What's interesting is now we have a pretty sizeable hole at safety, because MacDonald liked to use 3 safeties in Balti... all of those guys had about 500-600 snaps each. Geno Stone (safety) is a free agent from Baltimore this year though, maybe MacDonald tries to lure him over. That would fill 1 of the 2 holes (Love I would imagine will stick around, he was playing solid as the year went on). I could see Bryant as a nickel safety or SS but not a free safety...

Now I will say, we all knew Diggs and Adams were gone. Both those guys were due over $20M in cap hit and some of the worst starting safeties in the league last year... so it's not like this is NOW a shock, I'm just stating matter of fact is as of now the hole is there lol. It would've been interesting had both these guys stayed healthy. You could tell Adams was completely mailing it in last year... he wasn't engaging on any hits... and just walking out there... that injury that could've been life altering I think really just ended his willingness to play. Diggs kind of the same. Diggs was doing pretty damn good before his injury...

Had Adams stayed healthy, I think MacDonald would've been perfect for him... he would've played Adams just like he was using his 3 safeties in Balti where Adams would've been on the LOS and UP every down, with no responsibility to cover deep...

Well every team will have holes going into the offseason and as bad as the defense was creating this whole would be a good thing as change is needed. In my personal opinion I think they were released not on talent it was more a personality/attitude thing. You are exactly right about Adams mailing it in and I think that spread in the locker room like that clip of Whoolen watching a pile of players trying to move the ball for a 1st down and he didn't want to jump in which comes off as not wanting to get hurt which I am sure Adams has told many people to protect themselves until at least after you get paid, I also think that Diggs was preaching the same as he went through a major injury which is why I think their way of thinking is why they got cut. We would hate for them to preach things like that to Devon Witherspoon or any other players or rookies that hope to be on this team long term.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought this guys name up months ago but Safety Geno Stone is a FA and has played in Macdonald's defense with the Ravens and played well. I feel they will make a play for this soon to be 25 year old kid in Free Agency. Not shocked with the release of Adams and Diggs at all, I figured it was going to happen. Cutting Dissly and not reworking him hurts as now we got no TE under contract that was a starter last year. We could see the hawks taking a TE early ( 1st - 3rd rounds ) and that stinks. Need to much help up front, in the middle and out back on the Defense to start needed TRUE starter quality on offense also at Guard and TE.

Some say they dont see them being big players and I 100% get that, but they are going to grab some people they believe will be "Starters" in FA to me that would make them big players. I wouldn't be shocked if they try and bring back Colby and i would actually love that move. I think he was good enough to replace Fant and i just trusted him more ( Parkinson ). Going to HAVE TO draft a Safety, A linebacker, A DT, A DE, Oline, TE FOR NEEDED STARTERS if they dont bring in some "Starter" Quality FA.

This could be another year of JS bring in a bunch of middle of the pack guys and kicking tires. LOTS of Holes to fill now. Glad he isn't playing it safe though. Now move on from Geno by trade after lowering his cap hit ( Making him attractive to other teams ) and pick up more capital. Going to need it and all though Geno wasn't great he was far from being awful. Lots of Teams out there that would take a middle of the pack bridge QB that will be picking early and grabbing their QB of the future or 2nd 3rd rounders that 100% need time sitting.

Blow it all up, there was nothing exciting about this teams offensive playing from top to bottom.

Last edited: