• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Off-season news 2024

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of hope it'd be something like this:

View attachment 355377

Yah okay there's some C grades in there, but we fill all the major holes and maybe snag a steal in the 1st. I think we are okay at EDGE but I wouldn't mind having another... We'd still have to address safety but that beefs up the DL and gets us LBer help while also getting some immediate starting talent on the OL.

I can't stop taking Mahogany in my mock drafts and the more footage I watch I can't help myself. I think the guy has serious talent and it's a position we need so badly.

Not a bad job. I like the trading down part in the first round. I love the Cooper pic at linebacker. I’m pretty high on him as well. We do need some offensive lineman and defensive lineman. But we probably need to draft a safety/TE in that mix.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Seahawks coaching staff are not attending the combine this season. Mmm. On one hand the combine isn't football but mostly just metrics. On the other hand the Seahawks coaching staff has first hand knowledge of players coming out of college, much like Pete did when he was hired so I'm a little surprised to see JS announce this. There are teams that don't send their coaching staff to combine like Packers and Rams and I hear Shanahan isn't attending this year but I believe most teams have the coaching staff there. Reason given by JS is the coaching staff will be busy installing their system (even though players won't be there LOL) since it's all new. I guess my concern is wondering if JS is marking his territory instead of collaborating with the coaching staff. Which given the coaching staff first hand knowledge of this years rookie corp is not IMO the best way to proceed. Probably no big deal and come draft time JS will use their insights on players. Least I sure hope so, would hate to see another situation like the one they had with Tim Ruskell who was more worried about his power than what was good for the team.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Seahawks coaching staff are not attending the combine this season. Mmm. On one hand the combine isn't football but mostly just metrics. On the other hand the Seahawks coaching staff has first hand knowledge of players coming out of college, much like Pete did when he was hired so I'm a little surprised to see JS announce this. There are teams that don't send their coaching staff to combine like Packers and Rams and I hear Shanahan isn't attending this year but I believe most teams have the coaching staff there. Reason given by JS is the coaching staff will be busy installing their system (even though players won't be there LOL) since it's all new. I guess my concern is wondering if JS is marking his territory instead of collaborating with the coaching staff. Which given the coaching staff first hand knowledge of this years rookie corp is not IMO the best way to proceed. Probably no big deal and come draft time JS will use their insights on players. Least I sure hope so, would hate to see another situation like the one they had with Tim Ruskell who was more worried about his power than what was good for the team.
It's fine for this year. They'll send their scouts to watch the combine.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the entire coaching staff has been turned over, I'd imagine Seattle will send their scouts who will report back to the coaches. There's a TON of work to do outside of scouting guys in the draft... I'd assume the time is better spent on the coaches getting together and collaborating and getting a completely different system/philosophy in place then attending a combine where you have a mid 1st round pick and some stuff in the 3rd. They also need to figure all that out and what's needed before they can really even draft anyone... what style of defense, who is being let go, who do we have to replace...

This isn't something like we replaced an OC or a couple guys... everyone is basically coming into this brand new. Also got a first time NFL OC from College coming in for his first year... some long time NFL coaching vets to help guide but not be the HC for the youngest HC in the league... it's a complete overhaul. Again, I think they feel the time is better spent not traveling or spending time at the combine, and instead getting this new system and philosophy in place.

Last edited:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the point of coaches attending the combine unless they are picking at the top of the draft they have a scouting department on good payroll for a reason. I am sure they are setting up the entire facility and changing everything the way they need to. Honestly they need to take away all the LOB and anything from that era around the facility anything from PC team maybe put it in a ring of honor somewhere. Then start completely fresh. Don't bring back Bobby Wagner as much as we love the guy and completely start fresh.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the point of coaches attending the combine unless they are picking at the top of the draft they have a scouting department on good payroll for a reason.

In general, I agree with that. Attending the combine with today's technology makes less and less sense, much like the diminished need to be present at the draft location. However, I could see some goodness in getting this brand new coaching staff sequestered in like an "off-site" type setting to build some cohesion. The combine probably would have been a good opportunity for that, but I suspect they are achieving the same effect in other ways.

I am sure they are setting up the entire facility and changing everything the way they need to. Honestly they need to take away all the LOB and anything from that era around the facility anything from PC team maybe put it in a ring of honor somewhere. Then start completely fresh. Don't bring back Bobby Wagner as much as we love the guy and completely start fresh.
There will definitely be some major changes with the way things look and feel, but there will probably also be some efforts on continuity. One of the best ways to affect change is to have an old-regime guy still there and get behind it. But of course you can't have double agents who are fighting you on it either.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently some rumors that Seattle is pretty high on Junior Colson (ILB). A Michigan player so I'm sure MacDonald has some pretty close ties to him. I know guard/center/DL is important, but we have to figure out ILB too. Brooks has been an issue with injuries and Wagner may not even come back. There's very little beyond that. He's not an amazing pass rusher but he is pretty solid in coverage which is something we've lacked at ILB since Wagner in his younger years.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it would appear that the Geno question is more or less done and dusted.

As to who the backup will be, my guess is that it won't be Lock.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the WR market, I'm thinking Metcalf contract is looking like a steal. Per ESPN:

Jefferson is likely to set the top of the receiver market whenever he signs, and his deal is certain to pay him more than $30 million per year. The question is how much more.

Graziano: If and when Jefferson signs his extension, it will bring some clarity to the top of the wide receiver market and affect other deals around the league. Dallas and CeeDee Lamb continue to talk about an extension, and if there's a receiver out there who could land in Jefferson's contractual neighborhood, Lamb is probably that guy.

The Lions and Amon-Ra St. Brown have been working on an extension that some think could land in the range of $26-28 million per year.

And finally, the Dolphins and Eagles have decisions coming up on Jaylen Waddle and DeVonta Smith, both of whom are extension-eligible for the first time and have big-money receiver teammates in Tyreek Hill and A.J. Brown, respectively.

Now look at Metcalf contract:
1709497279466.png

Think the Seahawks are going to be pretty happy with Metcalf contract. This draft is absolutely loaded with talented WRs and I could see a record number being drafted first two rounds this draft. Those rookie contracts are pure gold if a team hits on their picks.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams, Diggs and Dissly cut

All expected. Frees up 30 million in cap space.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams, Diggs and Dissly cut

All expected. Frees up 30 million in cap space.
Gearing up for free agency although I doubt they are big players. Will any of Seahawks free agents be resigned? Maybe Williams and Brooks depending on cost?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gearing up for free agency although I doubt they are big players. Will any of Seahawks free agents be resigned? Maybe Williams and Brooks depending on cost?

I don't think we will be going after any of the big name players.

I would imagine they will try to resign Williams. Maybe Brooks. But ultimately it will largely be MacDonald's defense to build so it should be fun to see what he does.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will be going after any of the big name players.

I would imagine they will try to resign Williams. Maybe Brooks. But ultimately it will largely be MacDonald's defense to build so it should be fun to see what he does.
Agree, no big names will be signed that's sort of how JS operates, which is fine. With the price tags of free agents teams that want to sign big names are forced to pay big dollars. 50 million to spend isn't a whole lot now a days when looking at the market prices.